PDA

View Full Version : Edwards a Jet?

homeslice5484
09-27-2010, 07:56 PM
TimGrahamESPN Tim Graham
Two sources tell me Jets are considering a claim on Trent Edwards tomorrow but haven't decided. Bills are Jets next opponent.

patmoran2006
09-27-2010, 07:57 PM
From Tim Graham, who doesn't throw out a bunch of BS without some basis.

"Two sources tell me Jets are considering a claim on Trent Edwards tomorrow but haven't decided. Bills are Jets next opponent. "

homeslice5484
09-27-2010, 07:58 PM
If ESPN is right, teams who put in a claim today its based on last years record, tomorrow its based on current year. So I doubt he becomes a Jet if a team from last year puts in a claim by midnight.

They would probably use him to get info on our offense.

patmoran2006
09-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Of course, even if they claim him, they'd not be likely to get him, since of their record.. unelss no one claims him.

patmoran2006
09-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Needs to be merged, sorry bout that..

Spiderweb
09-27-2010, 08:01 PM
I can't imagine a long list of suitors for Edwards.....

The Jets will sign him for the week, and then release him too.

wmoz11
09-27-2010, 08:01 PM
PFT said that the 49ers and Seahawks are interested, among others. Obviously, this doesn't mean they'll put in a claim for him - but if they do, he'll never make it to the Jets.

Ingtar33
09-27-2010, 08:44 PM
i'll be stunned if the raiders or cardinals don't sign him.

As much as i like Gradkowski, i hate him as a starting QB, and no one in their right mind should have Derek Anderson as their starting QB (hell, even the browns might be in the market)

I doubt the jets care about intel... they have no backup QB worth the name.

trapezeus
09-27-2010, 08:45 PM
the jets are pathetic if they need intel on beating the bills.

TigerJ
09-27-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't think Edwards is going to be a real hot commodity around the league. If the Jets want him, I'll bet they have a good shot of getting him. There is no doubt they want to pick his brain on Gailey's offense. If Edwards has any intelligence and pride, he'll figure out that he's going to be a Jet only for as long as the Jets think he can help their defense diagnose what the Bills are going to do on offense, he won't consent to doing that. That said, I think Edwards would sign on with the Jets in a heartbeat to get back at the Bills. If the Jets put in a claim and Edwards signs with them, the obvious response by Chan Gailey should be to change up at least a few plays to try and catch the Jets defense in the wrong configuration. The play that Edwards thought should be a screen pass could turn out to be a deep post play.

better days
09-27-2010, 09:23 PM
the jets are pathetic if they need intel on beating the bills.

Yeah, well the Bills with Trent at QB looked very inept, but they gave the Pats* a run for their money last Sunday.

I think the Bills will give the Jets all they can handle Sunday & a little intel never hurts.

better days
09-27-2010, 09:25 PM

As much as i like Gradkowski, i hate him as a starting QB, and no one in their right mind should have Derek Anderson as their starting QB (hell, even the browns might be in the market)

I will be stunned if Trent ever plays another game in the NFL.

better days
09-27-2010, 09:27 PM
PFT said that the 49ers and Seahawks are interested, among others. Obviously, this doesn't mean they'll put in a claim for him - but if they do, he'll never make it to the Jets.

The Seahawks could have signed Leinhart but didn't, I would be very surprised if they signed Trent.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2010, 09:29 PM
I will be stunned if Trent ever plays another game in the NFL.

This is where your hate for him takes away your credibility. The guy is going to get signed somewhere. He's not JP Losman.

I would be inclined to believe that he'll he end up in San Fran.

better days
09-27-2010, 09:34 PM
This is where your hate for him takes away your credibility. The guy is going to get signed somewhere. He's not JP Losman.

I'm not saying he won't get signed. I just don't think he will take the field unless there is an injury. Rob Johnson 2.0 career.

I don't know if you saw it but the 49ers FIRED their OC today. Does Trent really want to go into that situation?

Novacane
09-27-2010, 09:37 PM

:rofl: You mean just like you with Brohm

G Wolly
09-27-2010, 09:38 PM
I knew this was about Trent.

but when I read the title I said "Yes, Braylon is a Jet"

HHURRICANE
09-27-2010, 09:44 PM
:rofl: You mean just like you with Brohm

Never hated Brohm. I hated the people that thought he was the answer at QB with nothing to base it on other than he wasn't the other guy. Find me a post where I said I hated Brohm. It's never happened.

Just like I never said that Edwards was the answer at QB. You can't find that post either. The only thing I ever said was he was our best option at QB. I'll admit that I was wrong on that one but at the the same time I also said he was not going to be our answer at QB. Plenty of posts and threads saying that.

better days
09-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Never hated Brohm. I hated the people that thought he was the answer at QB with nothing to base it on other than he wasn't the other guy. Find me a post where I said I hated Brohm. It's never happened.

Just like I never said that Edwards was the answer at QB. You can't find that post either. The only thing I ever said was he was our best option at QB. I'll admit that I was wrong on that one but at the the same time I also said he was not going to be our answer at QB. Plenty of posts and threads saying that.

There are too many posts to count where you DEFEND Trent by blaming everyone & everything else but him.

You just NEGGED me because YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH about your boy Trent.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2010, 09:57 PM
There are too many posts to count where you DEFEND Trent by blaming everyone & everything else but him.

You just NEGGED me because YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH about your boy Trent.

Dude, I have no problem with anyone supporting their argument that Edwards sucks and they were right. I'll give them that. I'll give you that.

I have a problem when people try to take what I have said out of context. I told you that you weren't being truthful. That's why you got negged.

I stated before camp that Edwards was not the right QB for this team. Where people had a hard on for me is that I said he would win the open competition and that Brohm wasn't the answer.

Matter-of-fact it was me that said if Edwards didn't play better in week 2 he was going to get benched.

better days
09-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Dude, I have no problem with anyone supporting their argument that Edwards sucks and they were right. I'll give them that. I'll give you that.

I have a problem when people try to take what I have said out of context. I told you that you weren't being truthful. That's why you got negged.

I stated before camp that Edwards was not the right QB for this team. Where people had a hard on for me is that I said he would win the open competition and that Brohm wasn't the answer.

Matter-of-fact it was me that said if Edwards didn't play better in week 2 he was going to get benched.

Where was I not being truthful?

BADTHINGSMAN
09-28-2010, 02:37 AM
:rofl: if the jets want info on buffalo's offense then trent isnt the guy to ask.

airdog32
09-28-2010, 03:01 AM
I don't think Edwards is going to be a real hot commodity around the league. If the Jets want him, I'll bet they have a good shot of getting him. There is no doubt they want to pick his brain on Gailey's offense. If Edwards has any intelligence and pride, he'll figure out that he's going to be a Jet only for as long as the Jets think he can help their defense diagnose what the Bills are going to do on offense, he won't consent to doing that. That said, I think Edwards would sign on with the Jets in a heartbeat to get back at the Bills. If the Jets put in a claim and Edwards signs with them, the obvious response by Chan Gailey should be to change up at least a few plays to try and catch the Jets defense in the wrong configuration. The play that Edwards thought should be a screen pass could turn out to be a deep post play.
I dont think Trent knew what Blo was doing on Offense because they looked like 2 different machines from when he was at the helm!

unpaid_bills
09-28-2010, 07:59 AM
I am not too worried about it, not like Trent mastered our offense, The D coordinators probably know more about the Bills offense anyway. Could you imagine Trent and his fragile mentality on the sideline with Rex Ryan after he makes a mistake.

better days
09-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Where was I not being truthful?

No reply HHURRICANE? Looks like I was right. I was truthful, you just can't handle the truth.

You negged me for telling the truth.

stuckincincy
09-28-2010, 08:39 AM

AZ - maybe. OAK is paying Jason Campbell a hefty sum, and their 3rd, Kyle Boller is guaranteed whatever salary he has if he gets cut.

RockStar36
09-28-2010, 08:43 AM
I can't see him making it to the Jets if they put the claim in. There are too many other bottom feeding teams that would get first dibs on him.

Yes the Jets would do this. They did it with the Pats last year.

And honestly, if the Jets need intel to beat the Bills, they aren't nearly as good as we thought.

Goobylal
09-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Trent will defintely land on someone's roster. He won't play another game though, unless due to injury, but he'll be right back on the bench soon thereafter. The dude was never that good to begin with, and he's injury-prone.

Ickybaluky
09-28-2010, 10:49 AM
From reports, it looks like the NYJ, KC, CAR, SF, JAX and SEA are all interested in Edwards.