PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: 49ers very interested in Edwards

BillsWin
09-27-2010, 10:22 PM
I haven't posted much in the way of "inside info" in a while, partially because I left the job that gave me access to the good stuff and partially because Bills fans are very "aggressive" I guess would be a word, when it comes to rumors. Especially after the coaching search drama.

But, I am hearing that the 49ers are one of a few teams interested in Edwards.

It seems like we may have been able to make a trade as there is definitely interest.

Although, this isn't actually "Bills news" now. Because Edwards isn't a Bill!!! :dance:

Just something to talk about.

better days
09-27-2010, 10:29 PM
I haven't posted much in the way of "inside info" in a while, partially because I left the job that gave me access to the good stuff and partially because Bills fans are very "aggressive" I guess would be a word, when it comes to rumors. Especially after the coaching search drama.

It seems like we may have been able to make a trade as there is definitely interest.

Although, this isn't actually "Bills news" now. Because Edwards isn't a Bill!!! :dance:

As I posted in another thread, the 49ers FIRED their OC today. Would Trent want to go into that situation even if he could?

Buffalo Thriller
09-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Interesting.

RoscoeMagic
09-27-2010, 10:30 PM
I guess they lost the tape of his last two years.

G Wolly
09-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Would Trent want to go into that situation even if he could?

If you were unemployed, you'd take the job.

BillsWin
09-27-2010, 10:32 PM
As I posted in another thread, the 49ers FIRED their OC today. Would Trent want to go into that situation even if he could?

If he is claimed off waivers by them and they are awarded him, I don't believe he has a choice in the matter.

I'm not 100% sure, but those are the rules right? Anyone want to chime in here with knowledge of waiver rules?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-27-2010, 10:33 PM
I just do NOT understand why ANY team would look at Edwards and his performance in his body of work and want to waste any time on him? seriously... what do they think... he'll suddenly grow some nuts and play football?

better days
09-27-2010, 10:36 PM
If he is claimed off waivers by them and they are awarded him, I don't believe he has a choice in the matter.

I'm not 100% sure, but those are the rules right? Anyone want to chime in here with knowledge of waiver rules?

Yeah, I did not think about the waver rules. He would probably have no other choice for the rest of this year.

He will be a FA next year, or if nobody puts in a waiver claim this year I guess.

BertSquirtgum
09-27-2010, 11:34 PM
this bum isn't on the bills anymore. who cares where he goes?

theanswer74
09-27-2010, 11:39 PM
I just do NOT understand why ANY team would look at Edwards and his performance in his body of work and want to waste any time on him? seriously... what do they think... he'll suddenly grow some nuts and play football?

Rob Johnson was the backup QB for a Super Bowl team.

The NFL lacks QB's.

Goobylal
09-27-2010, 11:42 PM
He had no trade value. People need to stop thinking that interest in a player after he's been released means the team could have gotten a draft pick for him.

MikeNC
09-27-2010, 11:45 PM

Well, CLE took Carolinas loser q-back and where did it get them....Dumb moves will be made everyday in this sport....

rcd333
09-28-2010, 12:02 AM
we'll there you go Trent you get Brian Westbrook, one of the best receiving running backs to ever play the game to dump off to.

back to California where you and your hair belong

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-28-2010, 04:25 AM
TheGhostofBillWalsh?

DBrown77
09-28-2010, 05:45 AM

Is your source a big reader of Profootballtalk.com or is it Profootballtalk.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/27/2009-records-will-control-trent-edwards-waiver-claims/

X-Era
09-28-2010, 05:46 AM

That would be perfect for him. I wish him luck... and I wish us Luck.

Ickybaluky
09-28-2010, 08:16 AM

He wouldn't have a choice, unless he wanted to retire. By claiming him off waivers the team picking him up would inherit the remaining portion of his contract. That would actually save the Bills over $1M as well.

Someone will take a chance on Edwards. Before he lost confidence he showed promise as a QB, and he has the tools. Even the most ardent anti-Trent Bills fan would have to admit he didn't exactly have the most stable situation to start his career: A revolving door of coaches and systems, a bad OL and no real veteran presence.

If Edwards is to revive his career, he needs to look to another Stanford alum for the model: Jim Plunkett. When the Pats traded Plunkett he was a shell of himself, his confidence shot from playing on crap teams behind a bad OL. He ended up getting cut before signing with Oakland. Oakland let him sit for 2 years and rebuilt his confidence and provided stability. When he got his shot to play again he was a new player and went on to win 2 Super Bowls (named MVP in one of them).

Beebe's Kid
09-28-2010, 09:09 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/27/2009-records-will-control-trent-edwards-waiver-claims/

Oh snap, you called him out!!

Except for he started the thread 7 hours ago. I am glad you just tried to make BW look bad, and didn't have a take. Cheap shots are awesome!!

Back to where people are discussing the topic:

Good for Trent. I hope he gets a job, and can enjoy a career in the NFL. Who knows, the amount of pressure here was enormous. With each game, things were unraveling faster and faster.

I am sure it is as big of a relief for Trent to get out of Buffalo, as it is for us to be moving on. I know we think we are great fans, because of our passion, but most fans have turned spiteful and venomous. Leodis fumbles a kickoff and gets his yard vandalized...you don't think that **** has been in Edward's mind? He was probably scared he was going to be tar and feathered.

His scared play was the most frustrating thing I have ever watched in professional sports. I think there is a lot more to it, than just the fans, but his issues were not going to be resolved under these conditions...that is if there is a resolution.

SF would be a good fit, they are proof that if you pick first overall, you'll never miss at QB. Their organizations is a ****ing hot mess, as they wait for their "franchise QB" to develop....it's only been 5 years, and these things take time.

BillsWin
09-28-2010, 09:16 AM

Didn't even see that.

RockStar36
09-28-2010, 09:19 AM

Because it's a job.

He's unemployed and the 49ers would represent another NFL team willing to employ him. He would absolutely take it.

better days
09-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Because it's a job.

He's unemployed and the 49ers would represent another NFL team willing to employ him. He would absolutely take it.
Well, IF he had a choice & another team such as the Jets wanted him as well was my thinking.

But it is moot because of the waiver process anyway.

DBrown77
09-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Oh snap, you called him out!!

Except for he started the thread 7 hours ago. I am glad you just tried to make BW look bad, and didn't have a take. Cheap shots are awesome!

Oh Snap, good try at calling me out!

PFT article was written at 8pm yesterday and this post was started at 11:22pm. Might want to check that stuff before making a fool of yourself.

Beebe's Kid
09-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh Snap, good try at calling me out!

PFT article was written at 8pm yesterday and this post was started at 11:22pm. Might want to check that stuff before making a fool of yourself.

Well, I guess I was incorrect about the PFT article, but my point was that you come in and take a shot like that, and contribute nothing to the topic. Your intent was to make another poster look bad.

I guess it almost looks worse that you decided to go look at the times of the article and the post so much later, just to take a shot.

So now you have taken two shots, and still not commented on the actual topic. You are truly an asset to the community.

HAMMER
09-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Well, I guess I was incorrect about the PFT article, but my point was that you come in and take a shot like that, and contribute nothing to the topic. Your intent was to make another poster look bad.

I guess it almost looks worse that you decided to go look at the times of the article and the post so much later, just to take a shot.

So now you have taken two shots, and still not commented on the actual topic. You are truly an asset to the community.

Nice, don't mess with The Kid.

Historian
09-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Perhaps the Niners need a good food and beverage manager...

wmoz11
09-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Per Jason LaCanfora - 49ers did not put in a claim for Edwards.

DBrown77
09-28-2010, 03:45 PM

Just like your intent?

I was not mocking the poster, i was pointing out that there was already speculation that the 49'rs were interested. I was asking if his "source" reads PFT as a joke. Lighten up, didnt know you were the message board police.

And to contribute to this thread, I thought San Fran was an excellent fit for Trent. Made sense. Jacksonville has him now and I wish him well.

Extremebillsfan247
09-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Jacksonville picked him up, and it's a really good fit for him. His record playing in warm climates is pretty good. I wouldn't be surprised to see him rebound there and have some what of a decent career. Good luck to him. JMO