• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Rumor: 49ers very interested in Edwards

I haven't posted much in the way of "inside info" in a while, partially because I left the job that gave me access to the good stuff and partially because Bills fans are very "aggressive" I guess would be a word, when it comes to rumors. Especially after the coaching search drama.

But, I am hearing that the 49ers are one of a few teams interested in Edwards.

It seems like we may have been able to make a trade as there is definitely interest.

Although, this isn't actually "Bills news" now. Because Edwards isn't a Bill!!!

Just something to talk about.
    I am The Batman.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Rumor: 49ers very interested in Edwards

Originally posted by BillsWin
    I haven't posted much in the way of "inside info" in a while, partially because I left the job that gave me access to the good stuff and partially because Bills fans are very "aggressive" I guess would be a word, when it comes to rumors. Especially after the coaching search drama.

It seems like we may have been able to make a trade as there is definitely interest.

As I posted in another thread, the 49ers FIRED their OC today. Would Trent want to go into that situation even if he could?

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
      • Sep 2010

Interesting.
      Originally posted by OpIv37
      You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
        • Aug 2008

I guess they lost the tape of his last two years.
        Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• G Wolly
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by better days
          Would Trent want to go into that situation even if he could?
          If you were unemployed, you'd take the job.

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by better days
            As I posted in another thread, the 49ers FIRED their OC today. Would Trent want to go into that situation even if he could?
            If he is claimed off waivers by them and they are awarded him, I don't believe he has a choice in the matter.

I'm not 100% sure, but those are the rules right? Anyone want to chime in here with knowledge of waiver rules?
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
              The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
              • Feb 2005

I just do NOT understand why ANY team would look at Edwards and his performance in his body of work and want to waste any time on him? seriously... what do they think... he'll suddenly grow some nuts and play football?
              In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

If he is claimed off waivers by them and they are awarded him, I don't believe he has a choice in the matter.

I'm not 100% sure, but those are the rules right? Anyone want to chime in here with knowledge of waiver rules?
                Yeah, I did not think about the waver rules. He would probably have no other choice for the rest of this year.

He will be a FA next year, or if nobody puts in a waiver claim this year I guess.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

this bum isn't on the bills anymore. who cares where he goes?

Comment

• theanswer74
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by keithtr
                    I just do NOT understand why ANY team would look at Edwards and his performance in his body of work and want to waste any time on him? seriously... what do they think... he'll suddenly grow some nuts and play football?
                    Rob Johnson was the backup QB for a Super Bowl team.

The NFL lacks QB's.

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

He had no trade value. People need to stop thinking that interest in a player after he's been released means the team could have gotten a draft pick for him.

Comment

• MikeNC
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by keithtr
                        Well, CLE took Carolinas loser q-back and where did it get them....Dumb moves will be made everyday in this sport....

Comment

• rcd333
                          • Mar 2007

we'll there you go Trent you get Brian Westbrook, one of the best receiving running backs to ever play the game to dump off to.

back to California where you and your hair belong

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

TheGhostofBillWalsh?

Comment

• DBrown77
                              Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                              • Mar 2005

Is your source a big reader of Profootballtalk.com or is it Profootballtalk.com

The Bills surprisingly dumped quarterback Trent Edwards on Monday, a day after word broke that they were trying to trade him.

Comment

Working...
                              X