PDA

View Full Version : Chan stinks

Mr. Cynical
09-28-2010, 02:40 AM
He had all offseason to judge Trent and then lets him go 3 games into the season? It just proves Chan doesn't have an effing clue. It's one thing if he had been rotating and unsure in the offseason, but he committed to Trent because he said he would be the guy.

Get ready for 3 years of BS and then another restart.

Oaf
09-28-2010, 02:46 AM
Steve Young was laughing about this last week too. I agree, what the heck was OBD doing during those 8 months?

airdog32
09-28-2010, 02:57 AM
realality is OTS and mini camps and even training camp into preseason does not give a true assesment of a players ability's, Yes Chan could have gone off of last years performance and brought someone else but I feel he was going to give him a fair chance which he did, and I commend Chan and Buddy for have the gusto to just cut ties and get a young prospect a chance to learn real NFL football not preseason and mini camps. Only people trying to make teams try at that time. The real deal starts when week 1 kicks off, and still Chan gave Trent 2 shots and pulled the plug! Bravo Finally a coach that has balls in BLO!

jamze132
09-28-2010, 05:28 AM
The entire team is a mess right now. Chan and Buddy need this season to figure out who can and can't play and who has a future with this team. expect more cuts as the season wears on.

Beebe's Kid
09-28-2010, 06:57 AM
This will be a revelation...

Edwards lacks confidence, but is a good practice QB. How about this...pump him up give him some confidence, throw him in the water, and see if he swims...

He sunk...let's cut our losses.

When a man is broken like Trent, there is not way back. They gave it a chance, it didn't work, now we parted ways.

That is unbelievable to so man. Chan sucked for having him, he should be cut. Chan sucks for playing him, he should be cut. Chan sucks for giving him the quick hook. Now Chan sucks for cutting his losses. Chad doesn't stand a ****ing chance.

Don't Panic
09-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Aside from making a move for Vick, there isn't much Gailey could have done to improve his stable of QBs. Chances are he knew that and decided to give Trent one last chance to show if he had something. This year was obviously a write-off as a transitional year by the FO, so there was nothing to lose in giving Trent a whole camp and two games to prove whether he was worth the starting job. He proved he wasn't, and now he is gone.

The only people who are really upset about this are the ones who want us to be competitive this year. I don't see how that ever could have been a possibility, so I understand bottoming out and giving everyone a chance to prove they're worth something before they get sent packing.

Hopefully, and I use the word with great caution, next year will see us build up what we will spend the rest of this year breaking down.

Historian
09-28-2010, 07:09 AM
Cynical....good to see you back, my man!

HHURRICANE
09-28-2010, 07:43 AM
What I find funny is that everyone here is convinced that we will be getting one of the top picks at QB.

Don't be surprised when we win 7 games and find ourselves in the same mess next year with Kevin Kolb doing his best impersonation of Trent Edwards.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Good to see the rest of the league is playing the 16 game NFL regular season...we're apparently playing the 20 games NFL preseason.

Jan Reimers
09-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Welcome back, Mr. C. But I think we need to give Chan (and Buddy) a little more time before we toss them under the bus.

I know everyone is frustrated, frazzled and completely out of patience, but you can't reverse 10 years of decline in one offseason and 3 weeks of real games.

Jeff1220
09-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Don't be surprised when we win 7 games and find ourselves in the same mess next year with Kevin Kolb doing his best impersonation of Trent Edwards.

Do you really think this team is going to go 7-6 over the rest of the season?

mrbojanglezs
09-28-2010, 08:53 AM
I don't blame chan We all know he is jeckel and hyde between practices and games

we use the same thing when evaluating players we don't base things off practice but real games, why can't chan do the same....this is overblown, get over it

RoscoeMagic
09-28-2010, 09:26 AM
I honestly think it's more of Edwards being a ballless women who chokes in game time situations. Like someone else said, Gailey tried and he failed, because he must have liked something Trent did in practice for Gailey to give him a good look.

better days
09-28-2010, 09:30 AM
What I find funny is that everyone here is convinced that we will be getting one of the top picks at QB.

Didn't you say Trent gave the Bills their best chance to win? With him gone I would think you would expect the Bills to go winless.

dasaybz
09-28-2010, 09:32 AM
I don't understand why this is so hard to figure out.

Trent is good at practice.

Chan liked what he saw in practice.

Trent sucks in real time game situations.

Is it really that hard to understand?

Chan picked the QB that looked the best based on what he saw in practice, it's what every coach in the NFL would have done.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2010, 09:37 AM

Chan picked the QB that looked the best based on what he saw in practice, it's what every coach in the NFL would have done.

For sure I agree with this and I'm sure it's unfair to blame Gailey but boy it would be nice to get someone in here that saw this coming before the fans did.

FlyingDutchman
09-28-2010, 09:39 AM
He had all offseason to judge Trent and then lets him go 3 games into the season? It just proves Chan doesn't have an effing clue. It's one thing if he had been rotating and unsure in the offseason, but he committed to Trent because he said he would be the guy.

i think he honestly thought he was the best QB out of the crap selection (and so did I)....and now hes realilzed hes topped out and will never be the answer so might as well cut ties so Trent has a chance elsewhere and we can see what the other crap has to offer

HHURRICANE
09-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Didn't you say Trent gave the Bills their best chance to win? With him gone I would think you would expect the Bills to go winless.

You act like I didn't see Edwards struggling the first two weeks. The team played better with Fitzpatrick in there. End of story.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2010, 09:40 AM
i think he honestly thought he was the best QB out of the crap selection (and so did I)....and now hes realilzed hes topped out and will never be the answer so might as well cut ties so Trent has a chance elsewhere and we can see what the other crap has to offer

Agreed.

dasaybz
09-28-2010, 09:57 AM
For sure I agree with this and I'm sure it's unfair to blame Gailey but boy it would be nice to get someone in here that saw this coming before the fans did.
I think the fans got hopeful after what they saw in the preseason.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 09:59 AM

To expect him to be able to judge Trent without having seem him play first hand on gameday is not fair considering that there are coaches out there who still weren't able to figure out who their qb should be after having had their qb's play for them and longer than one off season.

Hate to be redundant but Reid, Fox and Fisher as examples and it took more than one offseason and an injury to Drew Bledsoe for Bellichick to realize who his qb would be.

EDS
09-28-2010, 10:10 AM

Why didn't Chan challenge him in practice? It is not like he didn't know Trent does a Sylvia Plath/Bell Jar impersonation during games.

ptd86
09-28-2010, 10:58 AM
I guess that makes Andy Reid and John Fox bad coaches as well..

What I didn't get in that espn thing with Steve Young is every team they were talking about changed QBs after two weeks and then they got to the Bills and started questioning the organization, coach etc. saying how stupid they were to not see this in the offseason and then change qbs after 14 days.. just like every other team...typical media