PDA

View Full Version : Brohm is highly valued at OBD

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 07:41 AM
Reading between the lines during Gailey's PC it is clear that the Bills want to somehow give Brohm a shot at the #1 job. I think they are going to put a lot of effort into getting him ready to either start later on this year or next year.

They obviously like what they see in Brohm from what he showed in preseason and what he is doing in practice.

Brohm from what I have seen has a prototypical release, puts nice zip on his passes and has a nice 'touch' passes. His best quality might be his pocket presence and ability to scan through his progressions quickly. He is a confident guy and I think he has what it takes to be the starter.

Brohm to me has a very similar skill set to Matt Ryan and Schaub, whether he can replicate their success is something else, but I think there is hope for a real franchise QB there.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Brohm ended up 3 on the depth chart for a reason. He is not the answer.

If you want to read into Gailey pressers than Janes Hardy should be still on this team with all of the "improvements he made in camp".

dannyek71
09-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Brohm is the epitome of the a Bills player. He sucks now, but was good at point long ago (in college)

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 07:51 AM

If you want to read into Gailey pressers than Janes Hardy should be still on this team with all of the "improvements he made in camp".
Brohm is not the answer eh.... just like "Trent is the best QB on the roster."

Brohm showed a nice skill set in preseason, if given the chance he could be the answer.

He ended up 3 because Trent won the job and Fitz was more experienced. That's the only reason.

TigerJ
09-28-2010, 07:53 AM
I think the biggest "if" with Brohm is the question of why he washed out as a fairly high draft pick in Green Bay. Could he do it again? Also his development has been a little on the slow side considering the Bills still opted to start Fitzpatrick, with his obvious downside, over Brohm, though it's now three years since Brohm graduated as a highly touted college QB. Still, I tend to agree. The Bills still believe Brohm has upside.

ddaryl
09-28-2010, 08:03 AM
I support the effort to get Brohm on the field to see what he can do with some experience. Can he get better? Is he worth keeping around as a backup or as a potential starter ?

and I don't care what the end result is I just want to see Chan and Nix get to see as many of the players we have and decide who is staying and who is going.

What I do find annoying is that every single person on this forum knew this year was going to be tough, and yet they are still finding new **** to ***** about... If you knew we were going to suck.. AND YOU DID.. then what's the purpose of *****ing.. let the year play out, let the players get their experience. There was no easy fix this offseason, just moves that would have risen us all the way back to mediocrity.

I'm looking forward to a top 5 draft pick, and my only expectation is to see a team that looks better in the last half of the season then in the 1st half of the season.

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 08:04 AM
I think the biggest "if" with Brohm is the question of why he washed out as a fairly high draft pick in Green Bay. Could he do it again? Also his development has been a little on the slow side considering the Bills still opted to start Fitzpatrick, with his obvious downside, over Brohm, though it's now three years since Brohm graduated as a highly touted college QB. Still, I tend to agree. The Bills still believe Brohm has upside.
Thing is he didn't really wash out of GB. He wasn't given much of a chance to prove himself really. It's not like he was given significant playing time and he blew it. He was on the team for 1 year and served on the PS. The reason being the Packers had a sensitive QB situation at the time. Favre was gone and they thought Rodgers was useless. Their idea was that they had to keep the most ready QBs on the roster which was Rodgers and Flynn at the time. Took Brian longer than they could wait for.

Brohm's skills are evident, hopefully he executes when given the chance.

Beebe's Kid
09-28-2010, 08:17 AM

Trent ended up #1 because he was the answer? That is convenient to the way you thought everything was working out, but apparently the fans didn't know as much as they thought they did.

If Edwards was #1, really, why was he on the trading block? I thought Brohm was going to be cut? Why did his name come up 10 times yesterday?

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 08:24 AM
As I said before the season started, it wouldn't surprise me if all 3 take snaps this year and none are on the roster next year.

mikemac2001
09-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Trents the man

Brohm will be cut

Hahahha I knew this would happen just not this soon let fitz play a few then hand it over to brohm

Michael82
09-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Here's my bold prediction. The Bills cut Edwards to give Brohm more snaps in practice. They know that Fitzpatrick is not a starter and will only be a solid backup here. So they are grooming Brohm and will probably let him have his audition after the Bye Week. I think we will see Brian Brohm by the Detroit game at the latest, or as early as the Kansas City Chiefs road game.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Brown was the project they initially liked from the draft until they saw Brohm. I guess it was time to get the project started and I'm all for it.

Michael82
09-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Brown was the project they initially liked from the draft until they saw Brohm. I guess it was time to get the project started and I'm all for it.
Exactly! :up:

Johnny Bugmenot
09-28-2010, 10:49 AM
As I said before the season started, it wouldn't surprise me if all 3 take snaps this year and none are on the roster next year.Um, no. That leaves them with zero quarterbacks. No NFL team is that stupid. At least one of them will be back next year. That doesn't mean he'll be a starter, but no way they go into next year without a quarterback who knows the system.

ddaryl
09-28-2010, 11:01 AM
As I said before the season started, it wouldn't surprise me if all 3 take snaps this year and none are on the roster next year.

I 1 billion % guarentee one of the QB on the roster Brohm or Fitz will be on the team next year. We're not bringing in 3 Qb's to start from scratch in 2011 or 2012 depending

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Um, no. That leaves them with zero quarterbacks. No NFL team is that stupid. At least one of them will be back next year. That doesn't mean he'll be a starter, but no way they go into next year without a quarterback who knows the system.

Because no other QB in the NFL or College has ever played in Chan's system before?

Look at Cleveland last year, every QB on their roster last year took a snap, none of them stuck around til this season.

Why?

They all sucked.

What is the common denominator here? All the QBs suck too.

HAMMER
09-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Here's my bold prediction. The Bills cut Edwards to give Brohm more snaps in practice. They know that Fitzpatrick is not a starter and will only be a solid backup here. So they are grooming Brohm and will probably let him have his audition after the Bye Week. I think we will see Brian Brohm by the Detroit game at the latest, or as early as the Kansas City Chiefs road game.

If *****zpatrick keeps throwing those lovely picks it may be sooner than the bye. How do you miss someone as wide open as Parrish was?

Historian
09-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Brohm has odd mechanics.

If hes the guy, they need to do some serious coaching here.

The King
09-28-2010, 11:32 AM
You're man crush is hilarious.

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2010, 11:38 AM

Your

But yes, it is.

Yasgur's Farm
09-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Brohm has odd mechanics.

If hes the guy, they need to do some serious coaching here.I'm not sure where you can find a source to actually back-up your statement. I find that most think his mechanics are good.

Spiderweb
09-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Brohm has odd mechanics.

Actually, I always thought that Edwards had strange mechanics. To me he always looked like he was pushing the ball down field (on those rare times he did go 10 yards down field). Brohm may not have the prototypical throwing motion of JKm but he did appear to be more natural (in the limited time I got to watch him) than Edwards, at least to me.

Yasgur's Farm
09-28-2010, 11:54 AM
http://nfl.draftnation.com/players/Brian_Brohm/25

Makes quick decisions. Displays solid mechanics. Can make every throw. Arm strength is sufficient. Lacks ideal mobility.
http://www.sofantasyfootball.com/nfl/f196/brian-brohm-draft-projection-national-football-league-impact-16581/

Brohm has good size and good mechanics. Knows the game and can quickly read the defense. He has good intangibles and is a hard worker who has room to improve and good high end potential.
http://warroomreport.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=1

Cerebral quarterback…above average arm strength…pure pocket passer…displays offensive system versatility…excellent mechanics…smooth release…experienced…excels in vertical passing game…

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Brohm has odd mechanics.

Brohm's mechanics are textbook. He has a high and quick release. Not sure what you are referring to.

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Right. Cause I like his delivery and skills that makes it a man crush. I never said he would definitely succeed. I just think he has the tools Trent didn't have.

djjimkelly
09-28-2010, 12:02 PM
everyone here forgets that brohm had he come out as a junior would have been a top pick however he was then injured then dropped.

no one on this board has a clue if he was still hurt his rookie season or what it took for him to come back to perfect health.

he has more talent then any of the qbs we have had here in 10 years.

i look forward to his chance!! and we might as well see what he has this year.

if brohm goes in and we screw up a top 5 pick because of him im all for it and everyone on this board should be too.

screwing up a top 5 pick with fitzpatrick would be asinine an unacceptable from this fans perspective

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Brohm had so much promise/tools/ability/mental acumen for the game he was beat out for a roster spot by a 7th rounder.

It's hilarious the players some posters cling to as the next coming.

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Brohm had so much promise/tools/ability/mental acumen for the game he was beat out for a roster spot by a 7th rounder.

Yeah because being beat out for a job in your rookie year means you should quit football.

Brohm started slow and the Packers were iffy at QB at that time so they went with the guys who were the most ready.

No one is clinging to anyone or calling Brohm the best QB ever. He is an unknown with good skills and he showed that skill in preseason.

People want to see if he is starter material before we draft in 2011. If he plays and shows why he was a second round pick then we can spend our top picks on other positions of need. If not, we go QB asap.

dannyek71
09-28-2010, 12:08 PM

http://www.sofantasyfootball.com/nfl/f196/brian-brohm-draft-projection-national-football-league-impact-16581/

That was COLLEGE. And several years ago. There is a reason GB let him go as a 2nd round pick after 2 years.

JCBills

Who said he's the second coming?

We can't comment on the GB ordeal as we don't know what happened. I guess James Harrison is bad because he was cut 4 times, right?

All anyone is saying is "let's see what he's got"

Dr. Lecter

Those a partially crap as he is not real swift at reading defenses.

djjimkelly
09-28-2010, 12:10 PM

so according to u every qb that was beat out by a lower round pick no matter what the circumstance is better.

brees must suck due to the fact they went with the first round pick rivers.

brohm is a talent 2010 which we can all agree is a throw away season should be used to see what he has.

no one has proclaimed hes a sure thing but wouldnt it be nice if he was our brady/romo

and we could go LT in round 1 next year or get a serious defensive lineman.

none of us know till we see it on the field

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Yeah because being beat out for a job in your rookie year means you should quit football.

Brohm started slow and the Packers were iffy at QB at that time so they went with the guys who were the most ready.

No one is clinging to anyone or calling Brohm the best QB ever. He is an unknown with good skills and he showed that skill in preseason.

People want to see if he is starter material before we draft in 2011. If he plays and shows why he was a second round pick then we can spend our top picks on other positions of need. If not, we go QB asap.

He's not an unknown.

He looked like crap in Green Bay and then pouted about being placed on the PS.

He looked like crap in his one start here last year.

And he didn't look much better than crap in his preseason snaps.

What's so unknown about the guy exactly?

Buffalogic
09-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Chan said good things about Brohm because he didn't want to flat out say 'Hey we released Trent because he was awful, period'. He had to say something..

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 12:12 PM

have yet to read anyone say he's the next coming.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:14 PM
have yet to read anyone say he's the next coming.

Sorry for embellishing and being sarcastic.

If you want a more honest statement, here goes...

It's hilarious, that after a decade of such putrid football, the players that some fans cling to as NFL caliber players.

Better?

djjimkelly
09-28-2010, 12:15 PM

It's hilarious, that after a decade of such putrid football, the players that some fans cling to as NFL caliber players.

Better?

so should we cling to fitzpatrick?

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:17 PM
so should we cling to fitzpatrick?

If you've read the thread thus far, I've already stated that all the QBs on this roster are plain awful. And that it wouldn't surprise me if none made the roster next year.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 12:18 PM

Better?

Is it wrong for fans to HOPE that Brohm could be another Brees who took time to develop?

PS- not saying he's the next Brees so save your sarcasm.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Who said he's the second coming?

We can't comment on the GB ordeal as we don't know what happened. I guess James Harrison is bad because he was cut 4 times, right?

All anyone is saying is "let's see what he's got"

See what he's got?

He started once last year and produced a Trent Edwards type of performance.

We saw what he had in preseason and it was less than Edwards and Fitzpatrick.

Haven't we already seen what he's got?

Jan Reimers
09-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Is it wrong for fans to HOPE that Brohm could be another Brees who took time to develop?

Yes. Hope is wrong, and stupid.

All is lost. Forever.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:21 PM

YES.

Year after year we are force fed this garbage as NFL caliber.

It wasn't NFL caliber 10 years ago and it sure as hell isn't NFL caliber today.

Brian Brohm, Travis Brown...what's the difference?

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Yes. Hope is wrong, and stupid.

All is lost. Forever.

Forever? No.

This season? Yes.

Nighthawk
09-28-2010, 12:22 PM

Yeah, but...but...but...but

Nighthawk
09-28-2010, 12:26 PM

And here is the only thing Brohm haters have to grasp on to. Guys, it's getting old...come up with something new.

Brohm may not be the answer, but I'd sure as hell like to see him play and find out for sure. Honestly, who cares if he gets a shot this year...if he bombs, then we get our guy in the draft next year. If he performs, then any Bills fan should be happy that he turned his career around and his talent came out.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2010, 12:27 PM
See what he's got?

are you ****ing serious? last years start? he was on the team for a week. get a clue man.

psubills62
09-28-2010, 12:27 PM

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Gailey said that was one of Brohm's strengths - reading defenses.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:28 PM
And here is the only thing Brohm haters have to grasp on to. Guys, it's getting old...come up with something new.

Brohm may not be the answer, but I'd sure as hell like to see him play and find out for sure. Honestly, who cares if he gets a shot this year...if he bombs, then we get our guy in the draft next year. If he performs, then any Bills fan should be happy that he turned his career around and his talent came out.

The only thing to grasp on to?

Did you not watch him play last year here? Did you not watch preseason? Did you not see him get demoted to third on the depth chart?

Sometimes, it's ok to call a spade a spade.

Or in Brohm's case, a bum a bum.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Yeah, but...but...but...but

It's ironic that HH's idol Trent was going to end up at no. 3 "for a reason" but the bills decided he wasn't the answer at no. 3 either.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:29 PM
are you ****ing serious? last years start? he was on the team for a week. get a clue man.

He was on the team over a month before he had his first start.

Nice try.

better days
09-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Forever? No.

This season? Yes.

I think this is the most positive post I have ever read by you.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:32 PM
I think this is the most positive post I have ever read by you.

Maybe when the team does something positive I'll be able to make a positive post.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Forever? No.

This season? Yes.

so we might as well pack up this season. Forget hoping to develop the young ones this year .

Brilliant !

Nighthawk
09-28-2010, 12:33 PM

Did you not watch him play last year here? Did you not watch preseason? Did you not see him get demoted to third on the depth chart?

Yeah, I watched him and he didn't look as bad as some of you try to make him look. The last game he was consistently hitting WRs in the hands and they were dropping the balls.

Listen, you guys were wrong about him making the team, just get over it. Who cares if you didn't want him if he actually turns out to be a good QB? Will you root against him just because you didn't think he'd make the team? The arguement you and others have is stupid...get over it.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:34 PM
so we might as well pack up this season. Forget hoping to develop the young ones this year .

Brilliant !

Maybe when we start giving Spiller carries and giving Alex Carrington reps at DE we can pretend we're hoping to even develop young players.

better days

After being on the team 2 weeks?

Brohm looked good this preseason.

Did you not see Brohm get elevated to the 2nd..........for now?

Let's call a Spade a Spade. Brohm has the HC thinking he has potential. Trent was cut loose for a reason.

Nighthawk

Nice try.

Stop...stop...you're now sounding ignorant.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I watched him and he didn't look as bad as some of you try to make him look. The last game he was consistently hitting WRs in the hands and they were dropping the balls.

Listen, you guys were wrong about him making the team, just get over it. Who cares if you didn't want him if he actually turns out to be a good QB? Will you root against him just because you didn't think he'd make the team? The arguement you and others have is stupid...get over it.

Well without the Bills, he'd be on the unemployment line, like the last two rejects.

Like I've said for years, the Buffalo Bills, where guys get to have NFL careers even if they have no business having one.

I didn't want Losman here either, from day one, how'd that work out?

I'm rooting for the day this team can actually go out and acquire real talent besides punter...anywhere.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 12:37 PM

FTY would think this guys Blows , can you guess who this is?

HIs first pass in an NFL regular season game resulted in an interception returned for a touchdown. He only attempted five passes in his career with his first team, was intercepted twice, and completed none of them.

On his first regular season play with his 2nd team , he threw a pass that was deflected and caught by himself. He was tackled and the completion went for −7 yards. They lost the game 31–3, chalking up only 106 yards passing.

IN the 3rd game of that season he fumbled four times during the course of the game, a performance poor enough that the crowd chanted for him to be removed in favor of another backup quarterback at the time

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Stop...stop...you're now sounding ignorant.

He was signed November 19th...He played December 27th.

Ferrygoat
09-28-2010, 12:39 PM

Nice try.
He wasn't running our offense in practice, he was running the scout team. Thats 2 totally different things.

Nice try

Nighthawk
09-28-2010, 12:39 PM
He was signed November 19th...He played December 27th.

Yeah, plenty of time to come out and look like Joe Montana...dude, you're reaching.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:40 PM
FTY would think this guys Blows , can you guess who this is?

HIs first pass in an NFL regular season game resulted in an interception returned for a touchdown. He only attempted five passes in his career with his first team, was intercepted twice, and completed none of them.

On his first regular season play with his 2nd team , he threw a pass that was deflected and caught by himself. He was tackled and the completion went for −7 yards. They lost the game 31–3, chalking up only 106 yards passing.

Exceptions over the guys that prove the rule...SWEET!

Steve Young sucked as a rookie and a Buccaneer in general too.

Vinnie Testaverde sucked as a Buc.

Blah blah blah.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah, plenty of time to come out and look like Joe Montana...dude, you're reaching.

Plenty of time to LEARN the offense and show he had NFL caliber skills.

Since Brohm has been in the NFL, in general, he's shown absolutely nothing.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Exceptions over the guys that prove the rule...SWEET!

Steve Young sucked as a rookie and a Buccaneer in general too.

Vinnie Testaverde sucked as a Buc.

Blah blah blah.

If people gave up so easily like you do there wouldn't be exceptions to the rule.

By your logic, people should play well after being with the team for 1 week . Brilliant.

Nighthawk
09-28-2010, 12:45 PM

Problem is, nobody on here is saying that he definitely will be the answer, but everybody on here is stating that you're acting and sounding like a little kid who isn't get his way.

Relax...because the more you post, the more you are making yourself sound clueless and I've had enough disagreements with you to know that you do have some football intelligence. On this subject, though, you are looking bad.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Problem is, nobody on here is saying that he definitely will be the answer, but everybody on here is stating that you're acting and sounding like a little kid who isn't get his way.

Relax...because the more you post, the more you are making yourself sound clueless and I've had enough disagreements with you to know that you do have some football intelligence. On this subject, though, you are looking bad.

For today? In your eyes maybe.

At the end of the year or contract, I can't guarantee which because we keep guys way longer than we should, when Brohm is shuffled off and is done with football? No.

I, unlike other posters, apparently want better than the garbage that is shoved down our throats week after week masked as NFL football.

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Where do you get that he is not swift at reading defenses?

Nighthawk
09-28-2010, 12:51 PM
For today? In your eyes maybe.

At the end of the year or contract, I can't guarantee which because we keep guys way longer than we should, when Brohm is shuffled off and is done with football? No.

I, unlike other posters, apparently want better than the garbage that is shoved down our throats week after week masked as NFL football.

What are you talking about...are you drunk??? Everybody wants the Bills to be loaded with talent, but this is what we have THIS year. Why are you so angry? If he plays and craps the bed, then he is gone and the Bills draft a QB at the top of the draft next year. Who cares who plays this year...as long as we determine and find out for certain, what we have on this roster. I'm of the opinion that our next QB is not on this roster, but I'm not going to stomp my feet on the floor and piss and moan about it on here.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:52 PM
If people gave up so easily like you do there wouldn't be exceptions to the rule.

By your logic, people should play well after being with the team for 1 week . Brilliant.

Also by my logic, we wouldn't have wasted the past 5 seasons with guys like Losman or Edwards either.

And the Browns wouldn't have wasted the past two years with Brady Quinn.

Just like the Panthers wouldn't waste the next season to whenever with Jimmy Claussen.

There are guys who have bad games but show flashes. If you have NFL talent, even if you don't fully grasp the playbook, you show flashes.

If Brohm showed flashes in GB, he'd still be there. And what flashes has he shown here? The dude hasn't even led a TD drive in his time here.

JCBills
09-28-2010, 12:52 PM
See what he's got?

Lol!

Started once last year, with 5 weeks on the team and 1 week with the starters, producing a TE like showing. On par with a guy who's been here for years, actually matched him in attempts of 40+ (Trent had two on the season, Brohm had two in one game) and looked composed considering the circumstances. Everyone knows NFL playbooks are small and can be learned in minutes, right?

We saw what he had throwing to the 3rd stringers. He must have had 8 passes dropped.

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 12:53 PM
He's not an unknown.

He looked like crap in Green Bay and then pouted about being placed on the PS.

He looked like crap in his one start here last year.

And he didn't look much better than crap in his preseason snaps.

What's so unknown about the guy exactly?
You have no idea how he looked in GB. You didn't watch him or pay any close attention and neither did anyone else here.

Second, his one start here means absolutely nothing. He barely knew the system and was only in there because there was no one else.

Third, in his preseason play this year he looked very solid actually. I don't know what it is you use to evaluate QB play. I bet you look at the stat line and come to very encompassing conclusions.

Brohm looked solid in the pocket, was accurate, quick and his release was flawless. His reads were fast and his throws came out with zip. That is what you look at. And he did that with backups.

JCBills
09-28-2010, 12:54 PM

Nice try.

Lol and that makes a difference? Clueless.

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 12:55 PM
See what he's got?

You answered your own question....

"We saw him ONCE last year...."

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:56 PM
You have no idea how he looked in GB. You didn't watch him or pay any close attention and neither did anyone else here.

Second, his one start here means absolutely nothing. He barely knew the system and was only in there because there was no one else.

Third, in his preseason play this year he looked very solid actually. I don't know what it is you use to evaluate QB play. I bet you look at the stat line and come to very encompassing conclusions.

Brohm looked solid in the pocket, was accurate, quick and his release was flawless. His reads were fast and his throws came out with zip. That is what you look at. And he did that with backups.

If he had any inkling of ability GB would have given him a roster spot...it's really that simple. They have a lot more invested in a 2nd round pick than a 7th.

What we all know is how he handled being demoted to the PS.

And if he showed anything at all in his start here, the team would have started him week 17 against the Colts...alas they did not.

JCBills
09-28-2010, 12:57 PM

HAHAHAHAHA

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Lol and that makes a difference? Clueless.

Oh so, being here over a month isn't good enough to learn the offense?

Got ya!

I wonder why Billy Joe was cut then when he admitted to not knowing the offense.

I mean, not knowing the offense is so commonplace and all.

JCBills
09-28-2010, 01:00 PM

Got ya!

I wonder why Billy Joe was cut then when he admitted to not knowing the offense.

Uh no, it isn't. Guys with entire offseasons put into it still won't know it fully. QBs need to know his assignment AND the 10 other guys as well. I don't know how you think this works, but 5 weeks isn't even close to enough time.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 01:00 PM

you're saying it's enough ?

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 01:01 PM

Got ya!

Your arguments are so bad there really isn't even a point in arguing with you. You simply can't argue with that.

JCBills
09-28-2010, 01:02 PM

Pretty sure he's convinced it is, he's defended his stance on it several times.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 01:04 PM

To learn the basic package, yes. That's all Brohm was asked to run against Atlanta.

If it's not enough, then he doesn't have the mental acumen for the game. Then again, he proved he wasn't mentally tough enough to handle being placed on GBs practice squad.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Your arguments are so bad there really isn't even a point in arguing with you. You simply can't argue with that.

This coming from the guy who thought that Marshawn Lynch was one of the best receiving backs in football.

Sorry about intruding facts into your man crush on Brohm.

You may proceed now.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 01:08 PM
To learn the basic package, yes. That's all Brohm was asked to run against Atlanta.

and how do you know that he didn't run it ? It's easy to sit back and say he didn't have it when the rest of the team you claim does not have any talent.

Yeah, it was all Brohms fault he failed that day. :brilliant:

this was Brett Farve. He's stupid as far as you're concerned. Should've gotten rid of him right away. Same goes with Brees .

IN the 3rd game of that season he fumbled four times during the course of the game, a performance poor enough that the crowd chanted for him to be removed in favor of another backup quarterback at the time

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 01:09 PM
This coming from the guy who thought that Marshawn Lynch was one of the best receiving backs in football.

You shouldn't talk . Reed is a more complete wr than Lee. Yeah, thats why he's out of a job because he's more complete than Lee.

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 01:13 PM

Sorry about intruding facts into your man crush on Brohm.

You may proceed now.
One of Lynch's strong points coming out was his hands. He was highly valued coming out because he had 34 receptions in his final year at Cal. He was a very good receiving back.

He still has good hands BTW. He had 47 receptions in 08. Is he one of the best receiving backs in the NFL right now, no, but he certainly has that ability, although he was better in college and more agile.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 01:15 PM
and how do you know that he didn't run it ? It's easy to sit back and say he didn't have it when the rest of the team you claim does not have any talent.

Yeah, it was all Brohms fault he failed that day. :brilliant:

this was Brett Farve. He's stupid as far as you're concerned. Should've gotten rid of him right away. Same goes with Brees .

What part of a guy shows flashes regardless of situation if he's talented, do people not understand?

17/29 for 146 yards and 2 INTs.

That's worse than Trent Edwards. Maybe we should have just stuck with him.

Atlanta and San Diego got rid of those two guys...Atlanta flubbed but in their defense Chris Miller was a probowl QB and San Diego hasn't missed a beat with Rivers.

Difference between Favre, Brees and Brohm....Brohm was the only guy who was let go for nothing.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 01:17 PM
You shouldn't talk . Reed is a more complete wr than Lee. Yeah, thats why he's out of a job because he's more complete than Lee.

Next time Lee does anything besides stand around the LOS or run straight, let me know, I don't want to miss it.

The only thing Lee has that Reed didn't is speed.

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Next time Lee does anything besides stand around the LOS or run straight, let me know, I don't want to miss it.

Lee caught 5 passes last week. All different routes and not a single one was a go route. Again, you have no clue what yer talking about.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 01:22 PM
What part of a guy shows flashes regardless of situation if he's talented, do people not understand?

17/29 for 146 yards and 2 INTs.

That's worse than Trent Edwards. Maybe we should have just stuck with him.

Trent 11/18 108 yds 2 TD

Okay, you're starting to argue with facts again. Useless trying to argue with someone who argues with the truth.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 01:23 PM

yeah,yeah,yeah. Reed is a more complete wr . All the 32 teams agree with you <- sarcasm.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 01:24 PM

In addition, say hypothetically the Pats signed Lee Evans this past offseason, do you think he makes their team?

And if so, where is his role?

Because it sure as hell isn't one of the top 2 options in their passing offense.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 01:25 PM
yeah,yeah,yeah. Reed is a more complete wr . All the 32 teams agree with you <- sarcasm.

Welcome to the Buffalo Bills who keep players employed when no other NFL team will do so.

Where's Losman again? You still owe me on that bet. :rofl:

Ickybaluky
09-28-2010, 01:29 PM
The Packers cut Brohm a year after taking him in the 2nd round. Teams don't do that unless the guy sucks balls to the point they don't think he is worth the time and effort. They basically wrote him off as a mistake.

Here are Brian Brohm's career numbers for preseason:

2008:

21-for-37 (57%), 203 Yds (5.5 Yds/Att), 0 TD, 1 Int, 61.0 QB Rating, 2 sacks for 12 Yds

2009:

39-for-62 (63%), 300 Yds (4.8 Yds/Att), 0 TD, 3 Int, 54.5 QB Rating, 5 sacks for 29 Yds

2010:

19-for-42 (45%), 155 Yds (3.7 Yds/Att), 0 TD, 1 Int, 45.2 QB Rating, 4 sacks for 33 Yds

Total:

79-for-141 (56%), 658 Yds (4.7 Yds/Att), 0 TD, 5 Int, 53.4 QB Rating, 11 sacks for 74 Yds

-----

Look at that Yds/Att. That makes Trent Edwards look like Daryle Lamonica. Brohm has been in the NFL 3 years, has already been cut by one team and has never shown anything that would make you think he can be an NFL QB. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 01:30 PM
The Packers cut Brohm a year after taking him in the 2nd round. Teams don't do that unless the guy sucks balls to the point they don't think he is worth the time and effort. They basically wrote him off as a mistake.

2008:

21-for-37 (57%), 203 Yds (5.5 Yds/Att), 0 TD, 1 Int, 61.0 QB Rating, 2 sacks for 12 Yds

2009:

39-for-62 (63%), 300 Yds (4.8 Yds/Att), 0 TD, 3 Int, 54.5 QB Rating, 5 sacks for 29 Yds

2010:

19-for-42 (45%), 155 Yds (3.7 Yds/Att), 0 TD, 1 Int, 45.2 QB Rating, 4 sacks for 33 Yds

Total:

79-for-141 (56%), 658 Yds (4.7 Yds/Att), 0 TD, 5 Int, 53.4 QB Rating, 11 sacks for 74 Yds

-----

Look at that Yds/Att. That makes Trent Edwards look like Daryle Lamonica. Brohm has been in the NFL 3 years, has already been cut by one team and has never shown anything that would make you think he can be an NFL QB. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

Thank you.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the Buffalo Bills who keep players employed when no other NFL team will do so.If this is true then why isn't Reed on our team if he's a more complete wr than Lee?

You still owe me on that bet. :rofl:

NOT!

better days
09-28-2010, 01:45 PM

2008:

2009:

2010:

Total:

-----

Well if he was playing with the 1st team then yeah, but he was playinfg with SCRUBS. He had many passes dropped.

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 01:46 PM

2008:

2009:

2010:

Total:

-----

NFL teams cut good players every single year. Brohm has yet to prove that he belongs in that category but looking PURELY at his skill set and what he did in the preseason, there is hope there that he can put it together.

I love how you analyze the guy with such a small and skewed sample of stats. I and others are basing our opinions on actually watching the guy play his most recent football.

mikemac2001
09-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Whats the issue with brohm getting a shot this year????

you think fitz is our future?

we can see what brohm has and if he doesn't have it draft a QB????

WHATS THE ****ING ISSUE YOU DUMB****S!

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Whats the issue with brohm getting a shot this year????

you think fitz is our future?

we can see what brohm has and if he doesn't have it draft a QB????

WHATS THE ****ING ISSUE YOU DUMB****S!

I'd rather develop our own players, Levi Brown, then try to develop some other teams bum, Brian Brohm.

Does that mean Brown pans out? No. But Brohm already proved to one organization, an organization smarter than ours, that he won't pan out.

mikemac2001
09-28-2010, 01:55 PM
I'd rather develop our own players, Levi Brown, then try to develop some other teams bum, Brian Brohm.

Does that mean Brown pans out? No. But Brohm already proved to one organization, an organization smarter than ours, that he won't pan out.

i have no problem with levi getting a chance this year, but i feel give the more expereince guy a shot if he falls on his face move on.

and since one team gave up on a player doesn't mean ****, you could give examples on success and failure story's all day long

but thats pointless

my agrument is whats the problem giving the guy a shot when we know fitz is not our future (fitz until week 6-8 ) (brohm 8-14) (levi 15/16) whats the issues with something like that.

if fitz is winning games he stays in same with brohm

your agrument is since he sucked once he will suck again???

i guess everyone is NFL ready there first game, and doesn't take time to learn the game and the speed.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 01:57 PM
i have no problem with levi getting a chance this year, but i feel give the more expereince guy a shot if he falls on his face move on.

and since one team gave up on a player doesn't mean ****, you could give examples on success and failure story's all day long

but thats pointless

my agrument is whats the problem giving the guy a shot when we know fitz is not our future (fitz until week 6-8 ) (brohm 8-14) (levi 15/16) whats the issues with something like that.

if fitz is winning games he stays in same with brohm

your agrument is since he sucked once he will suck again???

i guess everyone is NFL ready there first game, and doesn't take time to learn the game and the speed.

As NE stated a team doesn't completely give up on a 2nd round pick that quickly unless they suck balls.

I guess James Hardy can still go be successful in the NFL, so why did we dump him?

Oh yeah, cuz he sucked.

Ickybaluky
09-28-2010, 02:02 PM
NFL teams cut good players every single year. Brohm has yet to prove that he belongs in that category but looking PURELY at his skill set and what he did in the preseason, there is hope there that he can put it together.

I love how you analyze the guy with such a small and skewed sample of stats. I and others are basing our opinions on actually watching the guy play his most recent football.

Green Bay doesn't cut guys after 1 year unless they are convinced they suck balls. That team is built on the draft. 2/3rds of their roster is made up of drafted players, the most in the NFL. They value draft picks as much as any team in the NFL.

Yet... they dropped Brohm after 1 season after picking him in the 2nd round. That speaks volumes.

I've seen him play in the preseason, and the guy looks lost. He blows. He has never shown anything as an NFL player. That is just a fact. It is ironic you love the guy so much and hated Edwards, because Brohm never showed confidence throwing anything more than checkdowns. He is one of those guys who excels in college but can't adjust to the speed of the NFL. He doesn't make quick decisions, some guys have it, some guys don't.

And don't give me that the Packers "just didn't have room to be patient". Please, what a joke. Every other team in the NFL didn't have time to be patient with him either, since he cleared waivers and was put on the PS. The guy is junk.

I agree he should play, though. Get him onto the field so they can find out how much he sucks and cut him too. Then they can move onto Levi Brown, who may be the longest of shots but at least he hasn't proven he sucks yet.

Ickybaluky
09-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Well if he was playing with the 1st team then yeah, but he was playinfg with SCRUBS. He had many passes dropped.

Who do you think he was playing against, Ray Lewis? He was on the field with the other scrubs, which is where he belongs.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 02:09 PM

Brohm is a bill. He is one of our own players now.

People passed on Brown in the draft and workouts so how is he not someone else's bum too?

YOu are against signing Rhett from the giants pratice squad but you'd rather try and develop Brown who no one wanted to sign to their practice squad?

If you don't like Brohm that's fine, but if your reasoning is Brown, at least let them battle it out.

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Green Bay doesn't cut guys after 1 year unless they are convinced they suck balls. That team is built on the draft. 2/3rds of their roster is made up of drafted players, the most in the NFL. They value draft picks as much as any team in the NFL.

Yet... they dropped Brohm after 1 season after picking him in the 2nd round. That speaks volumes.

I've seen him play in the preseason, and the guy looks lost. He blows. He has never shown anything as an NFL player. That is just a fact. It is ironic you love the guy so much and hated Edwards, because Brohm never showed confidence throwing anything more than checkdowns. He is one of those guys who excels in college but can't adjust to the speed of the NFL. He doesn't make quick decisions, some guys have it, some guys don't.

And don't give me that the Packers "just didn't have room to be patient". Please, what a joke. Every other team in the NFL didn't have time to be patient with him either, since he cleared waivers and was put on the PS. The guy is junk.

I agree he should play, though. Get him onto the field so they can find out how much he sucks and cut him too. Then they can move onto Levi Brown, who may be the longest of shots but at least he hasn't proven he sucks yet.
All anyone is saying is that we should see what he has. THIS preseason he looked confident and made nice throws.

In his last audition he looked good but his WRs and TEs let him down dropping 5-6 passes and killing drives.

No one is saying he is a franchise QB, but we should find out if we have anything in him. Even if it is as a potential backup for next year.

DraftBoy
09-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Brohm's preseason numbers;

21 of 37, 56.8%, 203 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 61.0 QB Rating

Ickybaluky
09-28-2010, 02:16 PM
All anyone is saying is that we should see what he has. THIS preseason he looked confident and made nice throws.

In his last audition he looked good but his WRs and TEs let him down dropping 5-6 passes and killing drives.

No one is saying he is a franchise QB, but we should find out if we have anything in him. Even if it is as a potential backup for next year.

I don't know, I guess I am being harsh. I'm telling you, the guy looked beyond dreadful in Green Bay, and I didn't think he looked appreciably better this preseason. I don't care just about the numbers, he just doesn't process information fast enough. Maybe if NFL Europe were still around or he could go to the UFL, but the #1 difference between college and the NFL for QBs in the complexity of the passing game and the ability to process and make quick decisions. He looks like a guy who just can't overcome that to me.

Mahdi
09-28-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't know, I guess I am being harsh. I'm telling you, the guy looked beyond dreadful in Green Bay, and I didn't think he looked appreciably better this preseason. I don't care just about the numbers, he just doesn't process information fast enough. Maybe if NFL Europe were still around or he could go to the UFL, but the #1 difference between college and the NFL for QBs in the complexity of the passing game and the ability to process and make quick decisions. He looks like a guy who just can't overcome that to me.
If anything that was his strength this preseason. He was going through his reads quickly and getting the ball out of his hands.

If you have the opportunity to re-watch the preseason games he featured in this year, I suggest you do and then comment again. Maybe you didn't have a chance to focus on him.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 02:22 PM

Yeah I remember Foschi's contributing largely to that rating

mikemac2001
09-28-2010, 02:22 PM

really did u watch the games?

and what was trents rating...

if you play with better players you will play better. all the penalty's and drop passes brohm had hurt his drives.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2010, 02:25 PM
i hate some of you guys. your skulls are so ****ing thick.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Brohm is a bill. He is one of our own players now.

People passed on Brown in the draft and workouts so how is he not someone else's bum too?

YOu are against signing Rhett from the giants pratice squad but you'd rather try and develop Brown who no one wanted to sign to their practice squad?

If you don't like Brohm that's fine, but if your reasoning is Brown, at least let them battle it out.

No...we've seen Brian Brohm play.

Two organizations have seen Brohm play.

He's sucked for both, ours included.

Brown is no one's bum but our own, seeing he hasn't been given up on by any other team.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 02:32 PM
No...we've seen Brian Brohm play.

Two organizations have seen Brohm play.

He's sucked for both, ours included.

Brown is no one's bum but our own, seeing he hasn't been given up on by any other team.

Brohm was on a practice squad when we snagged him .

No one wanted to sign Brown to their practice squad when we snagged him recently. He's had workouts and no one signed him to their pratice squad, how is that not being given up on?

FYI, if Gb putting Brohm on the practice squad means they gave up on him ,then how is it the bills releasing and NOT asking Brown to join the practice squad not giving up on him?

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 02:39 PM

No one wanted to sign Brown to their practice squad when we snagged him recently. He's had workouts and no one signed him to their pratice squad, how is that not being given up on?

FYI, if Gb putting Brohm on the practice squad means they gave up on him ,then how is it the bills releasing and NOT asking Brown to join the practice squad not giving up on him?

If we completely gave up on him, we wouldn't have brought him back today.

And if Gailey wasn't incompetent, or thought Edwards could succeed, Brown woulda made the team when the season started.

mikemac2001
09-28-2010, 02:39 PM

:clap:

thats what people don't see

they saying our organization is so bad but then they praise us for drafting brown then cutting him then resigning him after no one else wanted him, and would rather have him given a shot since he was drafted by us.

but they don't want a highly regarded QB out of college who is still young who hasn't been given a full shot. (yes every 2nd rd QB is thrilled to be drafted to backup aaron rodgers) and don't give me the matt flynn **** he was fighting for a backup position at the time and thats not what brohm wanted, he wanted to start.

i feel the fresh start has helped him and sometimes QB are slow at developing so thats why i want him given a shot if he sucks move on to brown or QB in draft.

Bill Cody
09-28-2010, 02:40 PM

I did not see the guy you are describing in preseason. I saw a guy that got the ball out quickly, looked calm in the pocket and was not afraid to let his receivers make a play. He did not get as many chances as TE but I would have liked to see him play against opponents 1st team as I was skeptical about Trent going forward. Sadly I was right about Trent. A few other points:

1) The Green Bay thing is murky to me. When they drafted Brohm early they weren't sure about Rodgers (who by the way took several years to look anything resembling an NFL QB). Then Rodgers got it together so it was strictly about who carries a clipboard. GB decided Brohm wasn't the guy. Ok. Atlanta decided Brett Favre wasn't the guy. So what?

2) If you haven't noticed playing QB in the NFL is hard. Even harder when you're green as grass and you have a sieve for an offensive line. Troy Aikman came into a similar situation in Dallas. His first year he was 0-11 as a starter, completed 52% of his passes with 9 TD's and 18 INT's. Again so what?

3) We're making a big deal over a small sample size. His one start last year? Some preseason games? Please. Brohm has some tools. Clearly he has more talent than Fitz. Can he translate them to the field? Don't know. But on a team as weak as the Bills making pronouncements now pro or con is a bit silly IMO. The coaches watch every pass these guys make. Is Gailey blowing smoke when he says nice things about Brohm? Maybe but I'm more inclined to listen to his thoughts on this subject than the members who really just don't have much basis for an opinion yet. I'd be happy to see Brohm get 6 or 8 starts this year. Exactly what is the downside of this?

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 02:41 PM
I did not see the guy you are describing in preseason. I saw a guy that got the ball out quickly, looked calm in the pocket and was not afraid to let his receivers make a play. He did not get as many chances as TE but I would have liked to see him play against opponents 1st team as I was skeptical about Trent going forward. Sadly I was right about Trent. A few other points:

1) The Green Bay thing is murky to me. When they drafted Brohm early they weren't sure about Rodgers (who by the way took several years to look anything resembling an NFL QB). Then Rodgers got it together so it was strictly about who carries a clipboard. GB decided Brohm wasn't the guy. Ok. Atlanta decided Brett Favre wasn't the guy. So what?

2) If you haven't noticed playing QB in the NFL is hard. Even harder when you're green as grass and you have a sieve for an offensive line. Troy Aikman came into a similar situation in Dallas. His first year he was 0-11 as a starter, completed 52% of his passes with 9 TD's and 18 INT's. Again so what?

3) We're making a big deal over a small sample size. His one start last year? Some preseason games? Please. Brohm has some tools. Clearly he has more talent than Fitz. Can he translate them to the field? Don't know. But on a team as weak as the Bills making pronouncements now pro or con is a bit silly IMO. The coaches watch every pass these guys make. Is Gailey blowing smoke when he says nice things about Brohm? Maybe but I'm more inclined to listen to his thoughts on this subject than the members who really just don't have much basis for an opinion yet. I'd be happy to see Brohm get 6 or 8 starts this year. Exactly what is the downside of this?

Atlanta also got a former first round pick in a trade for Favre. Plus Jerry Glanville, then the Falcons coach, pretty much stated it would take a miracle of epic proportions for Favre to ever see the field.

mikemac2001
09-28-2010, 02:46 PM
http://www.global-changes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Internet_argument.jpg

Bill Cody
09-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Atlanta also got a former first round pick in a trade for Favre. Plus Jerry Glanville, then the Falcons coach, pretty much stated it would take a miracle of epic proportions for Favre to ever see the field.

Glanville said that and he was WRONG about Favre. Guys get drafted in the top 10 in the draft at QB and bust like Mount Rushmore. The list of these is pretty damn long. Tom Brady gets drafted in the 6th round and is a huge success. Lots of people that get paid lots of money to know QB's are WRONG year in and year out. This is not open to debate. So GB deciding Brohm sucks means something but it's only one OPINION. I prefer to make my own judgements with my own 2 eyes and I'm pretty sure our coaches do also. I'd like to see some more Brohm please. Your opinion is just that. Ok?

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 02:53 PM

Brohm (6’3” 223), who the Packers tried to sign to their active roster upon learning of Buffalo’s interest, chose to sign with the Bills even though Green Bay reportedly matched Buffalo’s contract offer.

http://usspost.com/brian-brohm-1186/

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Glanville said that and he was WRONG about Favre. Guys get drafted in the top 10 in the draft at QB and bust like Mount Rushmore. The list of these is pretty damn long. Tom Brady gets drafted in the 6th round and is a huge success. Lots of people that get paid lots of money to know QB's are WRONG year in and year out. This is not open to debate. So GB deciding Brohm sucks means something but it's only one OPINION. I prefer to make my own judgements with my own 2 eyes and I'm pretty sure our coaches do also. I'd like to see some more Brohm please. Your opinion is just that. Ok?

Just like our coaches wanted to make a judgement on Edwards with their own eyes, right?

That worked out well, we gave up the first two games due to that already.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Just like our coaches wanted to make a judgement on Edwards with their own eyes, right?

You're questioning our coaches judgement yet you want to devlop a player (brown) they didn't want til now ? You should be questioning Brown since our coaches decided to bring him back.

You're not making sense anymore. You're contradicting yourself.

Bill Cody
09-28-2010, 03:06 PM

That worked out well, we gave up the first two games due to that already.

Funny stuff, you must be a ball at parties.:funny: I don't blame the coaches one bit on Edwards. My own personal opinion is he became a shell of himself after getting the concussion a year ago. It was worth it to see if he could come back, he has a lot of QB "skills" but when you start "seeing" the rush you're all done as a QB. Preseason the problem was masked because teams don't blitz much but in real games Trent folded like a tent. Was finding that out a bad thing? I don't think so at all. We wasted 2 games. Ok. Why were you getting your plans for the playoffs ready? This season is all about development. Developing the 3-4, finding out who can play and who can't. Trent Edwards can't. Box checked, we move on.:curtsey:

TrEd FTW
09-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Come on, guys. We all know FTY! is going to be right. I have no problem if the Bills play Brohm to see if he can actually fulfill his potential, but the odds of him amounting to anything are slim to nil. There's a reason he was beaten out by a seventh-rounder in Green Bay, and a reason he was third-stringer here behind world-beaters Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick at the beginning of this season.

The writing is on the wall: Brian Brohm is not a good NFL QB.

(I'd love to be wrong about this.)

JCBills
09-28-2010, 03:14 PM

2008:

2009:

2010:

Total:

-----

Anyone who watched the games knows that his stats this preseason don't come close to telling the story.

Beebe's Kid
09-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Green Bay also put Brohm on the PS to allow them to carry an extra O lineman.

The argument here is ridiculous.

Brohm struggled like ROOKIES DO. He has been battling his way back. I think that us getting him when we did was the best thing that could have happened to him, and maybe us.

One thing not mentioned is that he guy has actually shown the ability to be a real QB...one thing Edwards never did.

So...looking at this thread...the two biggest detractors are a Browns fan and a Patriots fan. A Browns fan who I'm sure would argue the sky color and, almost undoubtedly, hates puppies.

You watched the games, I watched the games. The teams stated that we were going to carry 2+ Levi...then they watched the games, and cut Levi.

Then there is a presser for the release of TE, and Chan mentions Brohm 10x, and that is a smokescreen?

There is no winning this argument...because there really is not argument, just a message board antagonist, who never has a real take, and a Pat* fan giving preseason numbers and hanging his hat on the fact that Green Bay would never make a mistake, and release Brohm. They got him the PS and tried to retain him, but pay no attention to the facts...they are inconvenient to the case.

I'm happy Brohm's here, and have been since day 1. The only thing he is doing now is practicing and learning, and spending time with teammates and the playbook. All huge negatives, apparently.

So many people know so much about this team, yet they get proven wrong consistently, because this team does a good job of keeping things in house. I am just hoping there was no BS and we get a chance to see Brohm.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Come on, guys. We all know FTY! is going to be right. I have no problem if the Bills play Brohm to see if he can actually fulfill his potential, but the odds of him amounting to anything are slim to nil. There's a reason he was beaten out by a seventh-rounder in Green Bay, and a reason he was third-stringer here behind world-beaters Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick at the beginning of this season.

The writing is on the wall: Brian Brohm is not a good NFL QB.

(I'd love to be wrong about this.)

I'd also love to be wrong, but there is about a 0% certainty that I will be.

It's more garbage in, garbage out.

I won't apologize for not being happy or optimistic of the chances of some reject.

DraftBoy
09-28-2010, 03:25 PM
really did u watch the games?

and what was trents rating...

if you play with better players you will play better. all the penalty's and drop passes brohm had hurt his drives.

I am glad you asked that question!

Fitzpatrick 15 of 23, 65.2%, 138 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 110.4
Edwards 28 of 41, 68.3%, 370 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 102.7

Keep in mind Fitzy played with many of the same people Brohm did.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 03:37 PM
If we completely gave up on him, we wouldn't have brought him back today.

lol.

If Greenbay completely gave up on Brohm, they wouldn't have kept him on the PS squad and....

Brohm (6’3” 223), who the Packers tried to sign to their active roster upon learning of Buffalo’s interest, chose to sign with the Bills even though Green Bay reportedly matched Buffalo’s contract offer.

the bills didn't even invite Brown to the practice squad and KEPT Brohm.

I agree he would have made the team but you are picking certain decisions that coaching staff made as long as it agrees with your opinion.

BTW, it may very well be that Brohm never amounts to anything, but he's already on the team. We have nothing to lose if we try to develop both Brohm and Levi.

I still say we draft a qb next year.

Ickybaluky
09-28-2010, 03:40 PM
If Greenbay completely gave up on Brohm, they wouldn't have kept him on the PS squad and....

The Packers waived him, which means they were willing to let any other team in the NFL pick up the remainder of his contract. Of course, none of the other NFL teams thought he was worth it, so they could bring him back to their PS. That made sense, since they only carried two QB and he already knew their system. He was an insurance policy.

JCBills
09-28-2010, 03:40 PM
All I know is I just got Earthworm Jim HD on my PS3 and it rocks.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 03:42 PM
The Packers waived him, which means they were willing to let any other team in the NFL pick up the remainder of his contract. Of course, none of the other NFL teams thought he was worth it, so they could bring him back to their PS. That made sense, since they only carried two QB and he already knew their system. He was an insurance policy.

Not arguing that, but the bills didn't even bother inviting Brown to their practice squad.

bflojohn
09-28-2010, 05:09 PM
One aspect NO ONE has hit on is the man himself! What is his attitude now? Does he study his "craft" better now? Has his maturity level spiked recently? All of us have been 22 or 23 and been overwhelmed with the "real world" and quite possibly Brian Brohm had a similar experience! Is it wise, as an employer of said player or worker, to give up on someone who MAY be turning the proverbial corner soon! Albert Einstein was a patent clerk and that was a strictly DEAD END job for him! What if Chan Gailey actually DOES see a QB in the making? Maybe he should do the expedient thing and follow the advise of fans who KNOW he's simply NOT the answer! What did Marv Levy say about listening to fans? No one here is in the lockerroom, in the meetings, watching the film, interacting with coaches, so relax and let this thing play out already!! You have beat this argument to DEATH, so let's just see, O.K.???

Extremebillsfan247
09-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Reading between the lines during Gailey's PC it is clear that the Bills want to somehow give Brohm a shot at the #1 job. I think they are going to put a lot of effort into getting him ready to either start later on this year or next year.

They obviously like what they see in Brohm from what he showed in preseason and what he is doing in practice.

Brohm from what I have seen has a prototypical release, puts nice zip on his passes and has a nice 'touch' passes. His best quality might be his pocket presence and ability to scan through his progressions quickly. He is a confident guy and I think he has what it takes to be the starter.

Brohm to me has a very similar skill set to Matt Ryan and Schaub, whether he can replicate their success is something else, but I think there is hope for a real franchise QB there.

From what I remember of Gailey's talk on Brohm over the course of the training camps and preseason, He really likes Brohm's football intelligence, or football smarts as Gailey calls it. There was hope that he would use that to his advantage in winning the QB competition but failed in that attempt because of his inaccuracy and inconsistency.

Those things are what Gailey talked about a lot when speaking about Brohm and how he plans to work with Brohm to correct those things in order to make him a more efficient signal caller. Brohm could be Gailey's Thigpen in Buffalo.

Of course, I wouldn't expect an immediate move to the starting role for him as he will be extensively groomed for the position, and as long as Fitzpatrick continues to show he can lead this offense in putting some points on the board. I don't see Gailey being in any rush to move further than he has with this offense. JMO

Nighthawk
09-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Man, I'm shocked that these NFL scouts are on Billszone...you'd think they'd be too busy for that!

Extremebillsfan247
09-28-2010, 05:36 PM

Brohm at the time saw himself as a future starter in the league which was never going to happen in Green Bay with Rodgers as the QB. Being what Brohm's age was at the time of being drafted, maturity, or lack there of played a definitive roll in his failure there. I don't think his talent was ever an issue or he wouldn't have been drafted in the 2nd round to begin with. That is my assessment of that situation based on past reports, stats, and Brohm's own admissions in interviews he did here as a Bill.

Nighthawk
09-28-2010, 05:37 PM

Going by your philosophy, then why did they try to put him on their active roster when the Bills came calling? Brohm chose the Bills instead of GB...they didn't just "let him go"...they wanted to keep him...he thought he had a better chance at playing in Buffalo. Don't skew the facts to make your point seem more legit.

Ingtar33
09-28-2010, 06:20 PM
I guess Pat Williams was garbage too when Levy waved him as an undrafted free agent and signed him to the Practice Squad.

No chance of ever turning around a career i guess.

I mean Kurt Warner was bagging groceries he was so well thought of coming out of college... and when he finally caught on the rams it wasn't 2nd string it was as 3rd string!

Dude must have sucked bad.

I mean wow... 32 teams didn't want him out of college and then the one team that takes a flier on him tosses him on the practice squad.

Frankly, i don't know what to make of Brohm. When he was in college he looked like an all world can't miss NFL prospect. then the train came off the track. I don't know why this happened. I've never heard a satisfactory guess as to why. I do know many people in the league are just as bewildered as i am on this.

Maybe he takes a few years to get it. maybe he never does. but to condemn the kid as a failure for life just because he's failed before makes little sense.

I get it, some of you don’t like Brohm… personally I don’t like the hype he gets either among some bills fans… but he’s done nothing to warrant the vitriol either.

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2010, 06:29 PM
I guess Pat Williams was garbage too when Levy waved him as an undrafted free agent and signed him to the Practice Squad.

That never happened. He was on the roster, but inactive his first season.

Besides are you trying to compare cutting a UDFA and 2nd round pick? Really?

Nighthawk
09-28-2010, 06:31 PM

No chance of ever turning around a career i guess.

I mean Kurt Warner was bagging groceries he was so well thought of coming out of college... and when he finally caught on the rams it wasn't 2nd string it was as 3rd string!

Dude must have sucked bad.

I mean wow... 32 teams didn't want him out of college and then the one team that takes a flier on him tosses him on the practice squad.

Frankly, i don't know what to make of Brohm. When he was in college he looked like an all world can't miss NFL prospect. then the train came off the track. I don't know why this happened. I've never heard a satisfactory guess as to why. I do know many people in the league are just as bewildered as i am on this.

Maybe he takes a few years to get it. maybe he never does. but to condemn the kid as a failure for life just because he's failed before makes little sense.

I get it, some of you don’t like Brohm… personally I don’t like the hype he gets either among some bills fans… but he’s done nothing to warrant the vitriol either.

But, but...the scouts on this board don't think he should be given another chance to fail...let alone succeed.

In all seriousness, I don't know about Brohm either...but I'm not going to cry if they try to see what they have in him. Damn, this season is going to the ****ter anyways!

YardRat
09-28-2010, 06:38 PM
I'll be rooting for Fitz as long as he is under center, but can't help but root for Brohm to rise up a little bit and become a better player than some on here believe he can be. It would be the best thing for the team.

Can he? I don't know...IMO he's shown a little more ability and promise than some would like to admit, and if nothing else this team could use a riches-to rags-back to riches, feel good type story.

Too early to write him off as complete garbage, and I'm sure we can all remember examples of QB's that took a little longer than conventional wisdom dictates to develop into a solid starter or even a Pro Bowler. Granted, we can all tick off of the top of our head even more examples of wasted higher draft picks that never lived up to their potential also. The stickler is, regardless of how knowledgeable any of us believe ourselves to be, none of us will really know the outcome until/unless Brohm earns a legitimate trial by fire in the regular season.

Just one final comment...lol at anybody hanging their argument on what happened in Green Bay. They are far from a perfect franchise, and have made their share of errors in the past. Hell if the situation were reversed (and football gods forbid if Edwards becomes a quality back-up or decent starter for another team) and we 'lost' somebody to another team, it would be because the coaches suck, the GM's don't know talent, Ralph was too damn cheap to pay the regular salary so they saved money by plunking his ass on the practice squad, etc.

Give the kid chance...a real chance...and see which side of the fence he falls on. At this point we couldn't be any worse than winless anyway, regardless of who's under center.

Nighthawk
09-28-2010, 06:43 PM
That never happened. He was on the roster, but inactive his first season.

Besides are you trying to compare cutting a UDFA and 2nd round pick? Really?

Damn...you're right! An unrestricted FA can never turn into anything, just like a high round pick can never fail! Got it!

Man, you guys need to let it go. He made the team, you guys were wrong...get the **** over it!!!

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Damn...you're right! An unrestricted FA can never turn into anything, just like a high round pick can never fail! Got it!

Man, you guys need to let it go. He made the team, you guys were wrong...get the **** over it!!!
No.You missed my point (as usual)

The point was that teams are much more likely to cut a UDFA than they are a 2nd round pick.

What was I wrong? What has Brohm shown?

I am well over it. I am not the one having a fit. But it is amusing to see you do do.

I have said it before - I hope I am wrong about Brohm. I really do. All I have ever said is that he has not shown anything in his NFL career that he is the answer. In fact he failed miserably in his one chance.

If I am wrong I will happily admit it - I have done so in the past and will do so in the future (because I will be wrong again).

Try it - it is therapeutic.

Nighthawk
09-28-2010, 09:21 PM

The point was that teams are much more likely to cut a UDFA than they are a 2nd round pick.

I am well over it. I am not the one having a fit. But it is amusing to see you do do.

I have said it before - I hope I am wrong about Brohm. I really do. All I have ever said is that he has not shown anything in his NFL career that he is the answer. In fact he failed miserably in his one chance.

If I am wrong I will happily admit it - I have done so in the past and will do so in the future (because I will be wrong again).

Try it - it is therapeutic.

You continuing to say I don't admit when I'm wrong is amusing and shows your ignorance.

This thread is about people wanting to see Brohm have a shot to see what he has. That may mean he fails or it could mean he succeeds. However, it has turned into a few posters having to show what a hard on they have for seeing Brohm fail or to keep posting how he has failed miserably (really?) and doesn't deserve another shot. It just makes you guys look very small minded. As I've said before, I don't think that our franchise QB is on this roster, but I'm not the one trying to show how "smart" I am by keeping up this infatuation with dumping on Brohm.

In fact, I was wrong about Fitz and he actually played a lot better and showed me a lot more then I would have ever imagined. But then again, I never admit I'm wrong, so somebody else must have just posted that.

justasportsfan
09-28-2010, 09:40 PM

If an UDFA can learn down the road and finally get it,why is it hard to think that a 2nd pick might do the same?

Like I said, I'm not sure if Brohm will ever get it or amount to anything, but if someones argument (not yours) is that just because another team cut him and put him on the PS makes him a sure failure, that's just ignorant.

We have nothing to lose by trying to see what Brohm can do. It's not like we have our savior in Levi or Fitz.

DraftBoy
09-29-2010, 07:49 AM
If an UDFA can learn down the road and finally get it,why is it hard to think that a 2nd pick might do the same?

Like I said, I'm not sure if Brohm will ever get it or amount to anything, but if someones argument (not yours) is that just because another team cut him and put him on the PS makes him a sure failure, that's just ignorant.

We have nothing to lose by trying to see what Brohm can do. It's not like we have our savior in Levi or Fitz.

But your logic means that we should pick up every tom, dick, and harry off the street as a FA because something could happen.

Just saying.

better days
09-29-2010, 08:05 AM
But your logic means that we should pick up every tom, dick, and harry off the street as a FA because something could happen.

Just saying.

And what would be wrong with that? If they need a player at ANY position, why not bring Tom, Dick, & Harry in to see what they have? As long as they are not giving up draft picks to do so why not? IT COSTS NOTHING but minimal salary.

ddaryl
09-29-2010, 08:12 AM
And what would be wrong with that? If they need a player at ANY position, why not bring Tom, Dick, & Harry in to see what they have? As long as they are not giving up draft picks to do so why not? IT COSTS NOTHING but minimal salary.

and roster spots. Every player you bring in is a player that is let go..

so you have to be sure the player your bringing in has more ability that the player your letting go... AND the player you bring in has to have the ability to get up to speen in a new system faster then most to be a worthwhile pick up.

surprised this thread has gone on this long. Is Brohm really that big of an isuse for some. I just want to see him play a few games.

better days
09-29-2010, 08:47 AM
and roster spots. Every player you bring in is a player that is let go..

so you have to be sure the player your bringing in has more ability that the player your letting go... AND the player you bring in has to have the ability to get up to speen in a new system faster then most to be a worthwhile pick up.

surprised this thread has gone on this long. Is Brohm really that big of an isuse for some. I just want to see him play a few games.

Well if you are signing him from another teams practice squad then yeah he will take a roster spot.

Brohm was signed near the end of the year last year & replaced a player no longer in the league.

There are at least a few players on the Bills now that could be replaced in the same manner.

ddaryl
09-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Well if you are signing him from another teams practice squad then yeah he will take a roster spot.

Brohm was signed near the end of the year last year & replaced a player no longer in the league.

There are at least a few players on the Bills now that could be replaced in the same manner.

Possibly but could those players really make the active roster and learn the playbook and scheme quick enough to be worth pursuing.]

In Brohms case we had the #3 QB spot which is a developmental spot. You don't get that luxury with outher positions much...

I really don't think there are many practice squad players out there that should be pursued just to replace players on our active roster. At best your getting an equal swap which may be worth it, but most of th etime your ending up with a big project and less experience on the roster which makes things worse short term, and probably doesn't do a heluva alot for us long term.

which players are you targeting on other teams practice squads and which players are they replacing ?????? :bullseye:

djjimkelly
09-29-2010, 09:02 AM
after reading all the varying thoughts in this 8 page thread the one thing that bewilders me is one fact.

what could it hurt to truly see what brohm has before next season.

to me its a win win situation.

if he looks good to very good we found our man and can look for other pieces.

if he looks like crap nothing is lost we arent contending this season.
its not like we truly need to give fitz a real look.

its beyond me that the FO has made a significant move to try something at qb. BTW nothing we have tried the last 10 years has worked.

at least this coaching staff and gm has said we need a different way of doing things.

its beyond me that people arent happy that they are at least trying something!

if brohm is good great if he sucks BigFDeal we would still need a new qb

better days
09-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Possibly but could those players really make the active roster and learn the playbook and scheme quick enough to be worth pursuing.]

In Brohms case we had the #3 QB spot which is a developmental spot. You don't get that luxury with outher positions much...

I really don't think there are many practice squad players out there that should be pursued just to replace players on our active roster. At best your getting an equal swap which may be worth it, but most of th etime your ending up with a big project and less experience on the roster which makes things worse short term, and probably doesn't do a heluva alot for us long term.

which players are you targeting on other teams practice squads and which players are they replacing ?????? :bullseye:

Special teams would be the key for a player at a different position than QB. A player that can play the 3-4 can be the back up & play special teams.

I doubt there is anyone on a PS that could come in & take a roster spot on offense.

justasportsfan
09-29-2010, 10:17 AM

Just saying.

I'm not saying that at all. Rather than just get rid of him because he came from another teams practice squad, see what he can do based on the teams situation.

Brohm is already on the team . What are our other choices? RHett? Brown? Arent they Tom ,Dick and harrys off the streets too?

I would love to have Brees on the team but that's not gonna happen.

DraftBoy
09-29-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm not saying that at all. Rather than just get rid of him because he came from another teams practice squad, see what he can do based on the teams situation.

Brohm is already on the team . What are our other choices? RHett? Brown? Arent they Tom ,Dick and harrys off the streets too?

I would love to have Brees on the team but that's not gonna happen.

But you are, because youre attempting to apply the extreme to the other side of the argument without letting it apply to your own.

I dont know which Brown you're referring to so Ill just address the Rhett Bomar situation, he holds no more value than Brohm other than he is just somebody different and he did out preform Brohm this past preseason, but as Ive said a billion times so far. Preseason means nothing.

justasportsfan
09-29-2010, 11:18 AM
I dont know which Brown you're referring to so Ill just address the Rhett Bomar situation, he holds no more value than Brohm other than he is just somebody different and he did out preform Brohm this past preseason, but as Ive said a billion times so far. Preseason means nothing.

the Brown is Levi and he too has no more value than Brohm and yet FTY would rather go with Brown and just dump Brohm which is what my argument was with him.

Rhett is still someone else's garbage just like Brohm as far as FTY is concerned and would rather develop Levi.

DraftBoy
09-29-2010, 11:20 AM
the Brown is Levi and he too has no more value than Brohm and yet FTY would rather go with Brown and just dump Brohm which is what my argument was with him.

Rhett is still someone else's garbage just like Brohm as far as FTY is concerned and would rather develop Levi.

Well Im not Levi Brown fan, big arm and some ability to move but that's about it. Not much there to see, imo.

Beebe's Kid
09-29-2010, 11:27 AM
So, people keep saying it would be nice to see what Brohm has, if anything.

8 pages later, although it is a little more complicated, the argument is, really, he was cut in GB, after being drafted in the 2nd round, so shouldn't get a look?

He was drafted in the 2nd, without getting into the staying for his senior year argument, because he was talented. GB cut him. So now he never had talent.

I am buying into the bull**** argument.

At the end of the day, does anybody think he should not see the field, so we can at least see what the kid has?

The thread was started saying they think highly of him at OBD...you can go on some awesome rant about our QB's don't amount to a bag of dicks, but he was kept when he was supposed to be cut, and now Edwards is gone, circumstances aside, and they guy is our backup. He was mentioned multiple times in the presser when Edwards was let go, so to deny that he at least has the attention of somebody at OBD is...well par for the course.

Everybody's talking about draft picks, practice squads, UDFA's, GM's, Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brady, Warner...and on and on when: All we are saying....is give Brohm a chance.

jmb1099
09-29-2010, 11:54 AM
everybody is too concerned with being right and looking for the big "I told you so" on a message board.

Nighthawk
09-29-2010, 12:13 PM
everybody is too concerned with being right and looking for the big "I told you so" on a message board.

We have a winner! Great post!

EDS
09-29-2010, 12:44 PM

Reading between the lines of the new contractthey just gave out, Chris Kelsay is highly valued at OBD. Obviously they like what they see from Kelsay from what he has showed in the past few seasons, the first three games of this season, preseason and what he is doing in practice.

Why does a team needing a complete rebuild hire a 70 year old rookie GM?

billz83
09-29-2010, 01:33 PM
**** OBD..buncha crackheads that dont know **** about football..we resigned CHRIS ****** KELSAY?!?! are u serious..there is NOT ONE FAN ALIVE that thinks this was a good move besides Kelsay and that old man thats sabotaging our team...i thought id do a lets wait and see on nix and gailey but after this move they said it alll..their time is UP they need to get the **** outta buffalo..they dont know **** about good football players or talent..the resigning of chris kelsay goes down as one of those JACKASS MOVES by the incompetent buffalo bills!!!!!