X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Brohm is highly valued at OBD

Reading between the lines during Gailey's PC it is clear that the Bills want to somehow give Brohm a shot at the #1 job. I think they are going to put a lot of effort into getting him ready to either start later on this year or next year.

They obviously like what they see in Brohm from what he showed in preseason and what he is doing in practice.

Brohm from what I have seen has a prototypical release, puts nice zip on his passes and has a nice 'touch' passes. His best quality might be his pocket presence and ability to scan through his progressions quickly. He is a confident guy and I think he has what it takes to be the starter.

Brohm to me has a very similar skill set to Matt Ryan and Schaub, whether he can replicate their success is something else, but I think there is hope for a real franchise QB there.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Brohm is highly valued at OBD

Brohm ended up 3 on the depth chart for a reason. He is not the answer.

If you want to read into Gailey pressers than Janes Hardy should be still on this team with all of the "improvements he made in camp".

Comment

• dannyek71
      Drink Responsibly
      • Dec 2004

Brohm is the epitome of the a Bills player. He sucks now, but was good at point long ago (in college)
      [

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

If you want to read into Gailey pressers than Janes Hardy should be still on this team with all of the "improvements he made in camp".
        Brohm is not the answer eh.... just like "Trent is the best QB on the roster."

Brohm showed a nice skill set in preseason, if given the chance he could be the answer.

He ended up 3 because Trent won the job and Fitz was more experienced. That's the only reason.
        Last edited by Mahdi; 09-28-2010, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

I think the biggest "if" with Brohm is the question of why he washed out as a fairly high draft pick in Green Bay. Could he do it again? Also his development has been a little on the slow side considering the Bills still opted to start Fitzpatrick, with his obvious downside, over Brohm, though it's now three years since Brohm graduated as a highly touted college QB. Still, I tend to agree. The Bills still believe Brohm has upside.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

I support the effort to get Brohm on the field to see what he can do with some experience. Can he get better? Is he worth keeping around as a backup or as a potential starter ?

and I don't care what the end result is I just want to see Chan and Nix get to see as many of the players we have and decide who is staying and who is going.

What I do find annoying is that every single person on this forum knew this year was going to be tough, and yet they are still finding new **** to ***** about... If you knew we were going to suck.. AND YOU DID.. then what's the purpose of *****ing.. let the year play out, let the players get their experience. There was no easy fix this offseason, just moves that would have risen us all the way back to mediocrity.

I'm looking forward to a top 5 draft pick, and my only expectation is to see a team that looks better in the last half of the season then in the 1st half of the season.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
              I think the biggest "if" with Brohm is the question of why he washed out as a fairly high draft pick in Green Bay. Could he do it again? Also his development has been a little on the slow side considering the Bills still opted to start Fitzpatrick, with his obvious downside, over Brohm, though it's now three years since Brohm graduated as a highly touted college QB. Still, I tend to agree. The Bills still believe Brohm has upside.
              Thing is he didn't really wash out of GB. He wasn't given much of a chance to prove himself really. It's not like he was given significant playing time and he blew it. He was on the team for 1 year and served on the PS. The reason being the Packers had a sensitive QB situation at the time. Favre was gone and they thought Rodgers was useless. Their idea was that they had to keep the most ready QBs on the roster which was Rodgers and Flynn at the time. Took Brian longer than they could wait for.

Brohm's skills are evident, hopefully he executes when given the chance.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Trent ended up #1 because he was the answer? That is convenient to the way you thought everything was working out, but apparently the fans didn't know as much as they thought they did.

If Edwards was #1, really, why was he on the trading block? I thought Brohm was going to be cut? Why did his name come up 10 times yesterday?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

As I said before the season started, it wouldn't surprise me if all 3 take snaps this year and none are on the roster next year.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                    • Mar 2003

Trents the man

Brohm will be cut

Hahahha I knew this would happen just not this soon let fitz play a few then hand it over to brohm

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Here's my bold prediction. The Bills cut Edwards to give Brohm more snaps in practice. They know that Fitzpatrick is not a starter and will only be a solid backup here. So they are grooming Brohm and will probably let him have his audition after the Bye Week. I think we will see Brian Brohm by the Detroit game at the latest, or as early as the Kansas City Chiefs road game.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Brown was the project they initially liked from the draft until they saw Brohm. I guess it was time to get the project started and I'm all for it.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          Brown was the project they initially liked from the draft until they saw Brohm. I guess it was time to get the project started and I'm all for it.
                          Exactly!

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                            Will not tolerate vandalism.
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            As I said before the season started, it wouldn't surprise me if all 3 take snaps this year and none are on the roster next year.
                            Um, no. That leaves them with zero quarterbacks. No NFL team is that stupid. At least one of them will be back next year. That doesn't mean he'll be a starter, but no way they go into next year without a quarterback who knows the system.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                              I 1 billion % guarentee one of the QB on the roster Brohm or Fitz will be on the team next year. We're not bringing in 3 Qb's to start from scratch in 2011 or 2012 depending

Comment

Working...
                              X