• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mindbender
    • Apr 2010

Bills now listening to Lynch trade offers

Bills now listening to Lynch trade offers
    "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Bills now listening to Lynch trade offers

this will make Miyagi's day.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

I can tell you with 100% certainty they have been "listening" to trade offers since before the draft. They just haven't liked what they've heard so they've turned the other way.

Would like to get good compensation for him. Too bad, I thought I saw a glimpse of the old "beastmode" these past two weeks. I'd almost rather get rid of an aging Jackson. But, one more strike and Lynch is done pretty much. It's time to move on. I hope we get some good offers.
      Last edited by BillsWin; 09-28-2010, 10:06 AM.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• ptd86
        • Dec 2006

If we aren't going to resign him we should definitely trade him.. knowing the bills he will walk at the end of the year for nothing

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

A trade to the Packers makes sense for both teams, as I said two weeks ago. I think it now does even more so because Lynch has shown he's back in good form and the Packers have shown that they have **** for a running game with Grant out. It might have been smart for the Bills to hold out, they could get a little more now.

D & S Sports

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
            I can tell you with 100% certainty they have been "listening" to trade offers since before the draft. They just haven't liked what they've heard so they've turned the other way.

I agree. Chan has stated he is all for anything to make this team better. A 4th pick won't make this team better.

Thing is, Lynch fits the workhorse type of rb that Chan likes.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              I agree. Chan has stated he is all for anything to make this team better. A 4th pick won't make this team better.

Thing is, Lynch fits the workhorse type of rb that Chan likes.

A 4th round pick makes the team better next year especially when Fred Jackson has shown and proven he can be an every down back.

Granted, you have to have faith the front office can do something with that draft pick.

Comment

• T-Long
                Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                • Sep 2003

could someone please paste the article, it's blocking me here at work b/c its ESPN Radio

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                  • Mar 2004

Not much substance in the article, other than reporting that the Bills are now "listening" to offers.

I hate that line by the way. If I'm GM of ANY team... i'm always LISTENING to any offer.

ANyway... Lynch is playing well. I feel like a 4th is giving him away. But i don't know what the alternative is either.

Ig GB gets him for a 3rd or less, they stole him. The only way that works out for us is if he gets arrested again or something.

Comment

• wmoz11
                    • Sep 2008

Of course this comes out now - two days after he averages 6 yards/carry on the road in New England.

It's obvious that we have been showcasing him the last two weeks.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                      A 4th round pick makes the team better next year especially when Fred Jackson has shown and proven he can be an every down back.

Granted, you have to have faith the front office can do something with that draft pick.

I'll take no less than a 3rd.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                        Not much substance in the article, other than reporting that the Bills are now "listening" to offers.

I hate that line by the way. If I'm GM of ANY team... i'm always LISTENING to any offer.

ANyway... Lynch is playing well. I feel like a 4th is giving him away. But i don't know what the alternative is either.

Ig GB gets him for a 3rd or less, they stole him. The only way that works out for us is if he gets arrested again or something.
                        Yeah, I would have to think that any GM will listen to any offer. Why wouldn't you? In fact, if you're not listening you selling your team short, and probably won't have a job very long.

The alternative is keep him. He looks good, and giving him away is almost in line with not listening to offers. If we're showcasing him for a trade, I am happy with the results...let's keep showcasing him. If the offers aren't there, don't trade him for a song...turn showcasing into featuring and roll with it.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          I'll take no less than a 3rd.

Alright, then if you get no offers a 3rd or better then you end up letting him walk when his contract is up for nothing.

I'd take any mid round pick for him on the basis of being confident I'd know what to do with the draft pick I receive for him.

Comment

• Mindbender
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by T-Long
                            could someone please paste the article, it's blocking me here at work b/c its ESPN Radio
                            Here's the relevant section...

Time for Lynch?: Maybe now the Packers will make some progress in their oft-rumored efforts to swing a deal for disgruntled Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch.

An NFL source said Monday night that the Bills, who had rebuffed not only the Packers’ advances but any team’s inquiries about the availability of the 2007 first-round draft pick, have put out word that they will at least start listening to offers for Lynch. Whether the Packers will – or will try to – trade for Lynch before the Oct. 19 trade deadline remains to be seen.

Multiple reports in recent weeks have said that the Packers inquired about Lynch’s availability, and the source confirmed Monday night that the team had indeed contacted the Bills about him, even before Lynch ran 17 times for 64 yards against the Packers last week. Recently added Dimitri Nance was among the inactives Monday night.

The Packers’ running game went nowhere against the NFL’s top run defense. While they finished with 15 carries for 63 yards (4.2-yard average) against a Bears unit that came in allowing 1.3 yards per rush, those numbers were deceiving because 35 of those yards came on fullback John Kuhn’s 18-yard run and quarterback Aaron Rodgers’ 17-yard scramble. Brandon Jackson managed just 12 yards on seven carries, even though offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said he felt there were some holes in the first half, when the Packers had 8 rushing yards on seven attempts.

“We only had eight yards rushing. I’m going to sound stupid saying this, but we thought we had some good looks to run the ball in the first half, to be honest with you,” Philbin said. “Now, our execution obviously wasn’t there, but from a schematic standpoint, we felt good about the way we were attempting to attack these guys. But to their credit, they’re a good run defense. We would have hoped to have done better than 1.0 or whatever the heck we were in the first half.”

Unable to run the ball, the Packers took to the air, with Rodgers throwing 45 passes, many from spread formations out of the shotgun with the backfield empty. And yet, Rodgers was not sacked in the game.

“They blitzed us once or twice out of that empty set, and Aaron got rid of the ball pretty quickly on those. I’m not saying the O-line was perfect,” Philbin said. “Sometimes (the spread) clears up the picture, believe it or not, even though you don’t have that security blanket of somebody behind you necessarily helping you out. I think they did OK.”
                            "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ptd86
                              If we aren't going to resign him we should definitely trade him.. knowing the bills he will walk at the end of the year for nothing
                              Can someone please, please, please find a way to make people understand that Lynch is under contract for at least 1 more season?!

Comment

Working...
                              X