PDA

View Full Version : Scary Thoughts of how the recent QB change affects the draft.

Extremebillsfan247
09-29-2010, 07:16 AM
I heard something during Gailey's press conference that was a little bit startling. He adamantly talked about Brohm as his project and then brought back Levi Brown. What I am wondering now, and what others haven't asked yet, is what does that mean for next years draft? What if in all likelihood, they think they want to move forward with Brohm as the future starter of this team, still end up with a top draft pick, and decide to look at a totally different position from which to draft other than QB? Call me crazy if you want to, but this can happen especially with this front office. My thoughts are that Ralph Wilson wont want to pay millions on a rookie QB and this may be a way as seen by him to avoid that. JMO What do you think?

ddaryl
09-29-2010, 07:23 AM
millions on a QB or millions on a LT or millions on a ...

it don't matter because if your drafting early you are paying.. that is unless they agree to a rookie cap deal in the next CBA.

If they traded back from the #1 spot, and get little in return that owuld be a sign of being cheap

Extremebillsfan247
09-29-2010, 07:30 AM
millions on a QB or millions on a LT or millions on a ...

it don't matter because if your drafting early you are paying.. that is unless they agree to a rookie cap deal in the next CBA.

If they traded back from the #1 spot, and get little in return that owuld be a sign of being cheap I'm wondering more about what impact if any will this recent news of Brohm possibly being the guy have on that draft? It wouldn't surprise me if they went that entire draft with out a QB if Brohm is in fact Gailey's project and doesn't fall apart before seasons end. JMO

THATHURMANATOR
09-29-2010, 07:35 AM
I heard something during Gailey's press conference that was a little bit startling. He adamantly talked about Brohm as his project and then brought back Levi Brown. What I am wondering now, and what others haven't asked yet, is what does that mean for next years draft? What if in all likelihood, they think they want to move forward with Brohm as the future starter of this team, still end up with a top draft pick, and decide to look at a totally different position from which to draft other than QB? Call me crazy if you want to, but this can happen especially with this front office. My thoughts are that Ralph Wilson wont want to pay millions on a rookie QB and this may be a way as seen by him to avoid that. JMO What do you think?
Well if Brohm comes in and looks good that may eliminate or need for a QB. I guarantee he gets playing time this season. I doubt he shows much but it is possible.

DesertFox24
09-29-2010, 07:39 AM
Well if you look at this past drive you can rest assured the bills are not going to take a player just to fill a need. They are going to take a player that can play and if that player is a need then so be it.

In other words they are going to do best player available and that is what you have to do.

In all honesty if we can't get luck I would not mind taking Foles we could trade up in late first and get him and develop him for a year or two.

k-oneputt
09-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Funny you mention Foles.
I've been watching this guy the last couple of years and I really like him. I'm not sure where he will go in the draft but if they can get him later on I would be all for it.

Saratoga Slim
09-29-2010, 08:00 AM
I think Gailey likes Brohm and some things about Brown, and wants to take this season to find out more.

But as of now, I don't think there's any reason to believe that he's so enamored of either that if the draft occurred right now he'd pass on a franchise QB.

trapezeus
09-29-2010, 08:29 AM
i think you have a point, but i also think the team needs to dress up its current situation. with this line, it is inconceivable for them to only have 2 qbs. hence the levi acquisition.

hopefullly this is just the stop gap for the season, but this FO has done dumber things.

ddaryl
09-29-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm wondering more about what impact if any will this recent news of Brohm possibly being the guy have on that draft? It wouldn't surprise me if they went that entire draft with out a QB if Brohm is in fact Gailey's project and doesn't fall apart before seasons end. JMO

I don't beleive that at all.. Right now we need a QB, and if Brohm can beat out a #1 draft pick then great, but IMO Brohm could be a great player to groom to maybe start for a year oir 2 while a young QB learns the NFL ropes, and then be our #2 guy

This also gives us a year or 2 to firm up the OL and make other moves before we toss the new QB into the mix.,..

That is if Nix wants to do this right. Ya have to have more then one capable QB to be a championship caliber team, and one of those QB's needs ot be better then capable.

and no I don't believe Ralph will interfere like others here do. :yle:

Beebe's Kid
09-29-2010, 09:04 AM
I don't beleive that at all.. Right now we need a QB, and if Brohm can beat out a #1 draft pick then great, but IMO Brohm could be a great player to groom to maybe start for a year oir 2 while a young QB learns the NFL ropes, and then be our #2 guy

This also gives us a year or 2 to firm up the OL and make other moves before we toss the new QB into the mix.,..

That is if Nix wants to do this right. Ya have to have more then one capable QB to be a championship caliber team, and one of those QB's needs ot be better then capable.

and no I don't believe Ralph will interfere like others here do. :yle:

My thing w/drafting the QB is exactly what you mention here...to put them under center immediately is rolling the dice on ruining them right away. Especially here.

We have been bad for too long. How is the fan base going to react if the rookie throws 3 picks in the 1st Qtr? There will be a riot. Then we end up w/ a QB who questions his decision making ability...because believe it or not, these guys really don't like to have 73,000 people tell them they suck.

Fitzy is actually serviceable. I know everybody will say he is a good back up, but truthfully, he was 5-4 as a starter last year, and he looked decent last week. Yeah, yeah, he threw two picks, but maybe he gets sharper the more he plays. I think he certainly did last year.

People don't want to believe that Fitz or Brohm could play QB, but we should probably see them in game action, Brohm especially, to see for sure.

I want the next Jim Kelly as much as anybody, but to draft a kid and throw him out there...we will have the next David Carr before the next Jim Kelly.

jamze132
09-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Unless we go undefeated until the bye week, I would like to see Brohm the rest of the season to see what he can do when he knows he'll be the starter each week. Its almost impossible to gauge ANYONE on almost ANYTHING when you only get one little shot which wasn't really a shot to begin with. I know how important it is to take advantage of any opportunities thrown your way, but QBs need a few games where they know going in they are the man. They truly are fickle cretures.

Pinkerton Security
09-29-2010, 09:23 AM
I guess it depends on how Brohm plays if he gets the chance, but I would be nervous to draft a first round QB next year UNLESS we plan on sitting him for an entire year, which will hopefully give us more time to build a more solid offensive line because, as others have said, often times a rookie QB behind a *****ty offensive line is just gonna get ruined anyways

BillsWin
09-29-2010, 09:45 AM
If Luck isn't there Id rather wait it out and go BPA anyways. Give Brohm a shot. Maybe Buffalo gets lucky for once.

Mindbender
09-29-2010, 10:05 AM
If Luck isn't there Id rather wait it out and go BPA anyways. Give Brohm a shot. Maybe Buffalo gets lucky for once.

As long as it isn't a RB right? right?

psubills62
09-29-2010, 10:20 AM
As long as it isn't a RB right? right?

Mark Ingram FTW!

justasportsfan
09-29-2010, 10:32 AM
NIx is all about having a franchise qb. I doubt that they think Brohm is it but they just want to see what they have in him.

Mr. Pink
09-29-2010, 11:37 AM
My thing w/drafting the QB is exactly what you mention here...to put them under center immediately is rolling the dice on ruining them right away. Especially here.

We have been bad for too long. How is the fan base going to react if the rookie throws 3 picks in the 1st Qtr? There will be a riot. Then we end up w/ a QB who questions his decision making ability...because believe it or not, these guys really don't like to have 73,000 people tell them they suck.

Fitzy is actually serviceable. I know everybody will say he is a good back up, but truthfully, he was 5-4 as a starter last year, and he looked decent last week. Yeah, yeah, he threw two picks, but maybe he gets sharper the more he plays. I think he certainly did last year.

People don't want to believe that Fitz or Brohm could play QB, but we should probably see them in game action, Brohm especially, to see for sure.

I want the next Jim Kelly as much as anybody, but to draft a kid and throw him out there...we will have the next David Carr before the next Jim Kelly.

Right. Because Aikman and Peyton Manning were thrown right into the mix, on bad football teams, played poorly overall, were booed and turned into dog crap right?

A player either has "it" or he doesn't.

Every NFL players gets booed at one point in time of the career, even Jim Kelly. It's how they handle it. You can be Troy Aikman and grow from it or be Tim Couch and cry from it.