PDA

View Full Version : Ravens cut Trevor Pryce

The King
09-29-2010, 10:12 AM
I'll admit that I haven't seen a lot of Baltimore this year, but Pryce is a 3-4 DE. He's always been a contributor.

He's 35.

Ravens announced they cut veteran DE Trevor Pryce and re-signed S Ken Hamlin. _schefter

mikemac2001
09-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Probably wouldnt hurt but not the direction i see this team taking.

let our young guys get better and learn

he has no future with us

RoscoeMagic
09-29-2010, 10:15 AM
I'd rather see Carrington on the field

psubills62
09-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Ravens have some good young linemen to replace him, but I'm not sure it's worth it. If we were to pick him up, McCargo would probably be the one to go.

OpIv37
09-29-2010, 10:33 AM
With Stroud and Edwards, we're fine at DE and we need to develop some young guys who can eventually replace them.

I'd keep his number handy in case we have injuries, but if everyone stays healthy, I wouldn't bother.

Ickybaluky
09-29-2010, 10:49 AM
The Ravens are bringing him back next week, reportedly. They waited until Wednesday to cut him so he would be paid for this week and not lose any money. They wanted to sign Hamlin and needed to create a spot.

Pryce is a veteran who loves playing in Baltimore. He doesn't want to go anywhere and is helping them out. I guess you could talk to him to see if he is willing to leave, but I'd expect he is staying in Baltimore.

don137
09-29-2010, 10:51 AM
The problem with picking him up is the young guys are the backups and need reps and experience. Doubt cutting one of them to bring in Pryce would help the team in the long run

THATHURMANATOR
09-29-2010, 10:58 AM
I'd rather see Carrington on the field
Yes get the young guys experience. This season is done for. Get the young guys experience.

RockStar36
09-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Signing any vet during Operation Bottom Out should be frowned upon. Let the young guys just get their reps.

Joe Fo Sho
09-29-2010, 11:22 AM
The Ravens are bringing him back next week, reportedly. They waited until Wednesday to cut him so he would be paid for this week and not lose any money. They wanted to sign Hamlin and needed to create a spot.

Pryce is a veteran who loves playing in Baltimore. He doesn't want to go anywhere and is helping them out. I guess you could talk to him to see if he is willing to leave, but I'd expect he is staying in Baltimore.

That's enough of your logic, sir...

billz83
09-29-2010, 12:31 PM
didnt u hear we resign CHRIS KELSAY the best player in NFL HISTORY!!! we dont need ANYONE ELSE this guy can do it allll!!!! hahahaha this pathetic piece of **** just SEALED the deal for the next 4 years..we will be garbage.. him just being on the team is a failure..

ddaryl
09-29-2010, 12:49 PM
a 35 year old DE would only take reps away from the young guys. It makes no sense for this team unless you want to get 1 o2 more useless wins and end up drafting in the 5-10 range

Philagape
09-29-2010, 12:56 PM
With Stroud and Edwards, we suck but it doesn't matter at DE and we need to develop some young guys who can eventually replace them.

I'd keep his number handy in case we have injuries, but if everyone stays healthy, I wouldn't bother.

fixed

ServoBillieves
09-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Sign him so Edwards can take his place again.

psubills62
09-30-2010, 10:07 AM
The Jets signed Trevor Pryce, according to Terrell Suggs.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Terrell-Suggs-says-Trevor-Pryce-signed-with-the-Jets.html

Stewie
09-30-2010, 10:44 AM

....and another example of why peeople need to link or stop offering their opinion as fact... ESPN is confirming he's a jet

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5632728&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Ickybaluky
09-30-2010, 11:52 AM
....and another example of why peeople need to link or stop offering their opinion as fact... ESPN is confirming he's a jet

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5632728&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

The New York Jets have intercepted the Ravens' plans to re-sign defensive end Trevor Pryce, who was waived by Baltimore on Wednesday.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Wednesday that there was a "high possibility" that Pryce would return.

Another example of people needing to read their own links. I didn't offer an opinion, I was offering information.

He was going to re-sign with Baltimore, and they waited until Wednesday so he would be paid for this week and wouldn't lose any money when he was brought back next week. Ryan coached him for 3 years, and convinced him to back out of the agreement and go with the Jets instead. Good deal for the Jets, who need depth on the DL.

DraftBoy
09-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Wow...I bet Ozzie is pretty pissed about this.

Beebe's Kid
09-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Wow...I bet Ozzie is pretty pissed about this.
Probably is, but he ****ed with Fat Bastard, and lost. A little lesson from the school of Hard Knocks...

Stewie
09-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Another example of people needing to read their own links. I didn't offer an opinion, I was offering information.

He was going to re-sign with Baltimore, and they waited until Wednesday so he would be paid for this week and wouldn't lose any money when he was brought back next week. Ryan coached him for 3 years, and convinced him to back out of the agreement and go with the Jets instead. Good deal for the Jets, who need depth on the DL.

Sorry dude, but you said he didn't want to leave baltimore. That was your opinion, unless you called him and asked him directly.. and your opinion was wr-wr-wr-wrong

psubills62
09-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Well, we could always pull a Rex Ryan and sign the guy they just cut: NT Howard Green.

Jets released NT Howard Green.

Green is losing his roster spot to veteran Trevor Pryce, but he's expected to be brought back on Monday. Perhaps the Ravens will lure him to Baltimore.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Ickybaluky
09-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Sorry dude, but you said he didn't want to leave baltimore. That was your opinion, unless you called him and asked him directly.. and your opinion was wr-wr-wr-wrong

What I wrote was:

"Pryce is a veteran who loves playing in Baltimore. He doesn't want to go anywhere and is helping them out. I guess you could talk to him to see if he is willing to leave, but I'd expect he is staying in Baltimore."

First of all, I was just sharing information, not sharing an opinion. The transaction was worked out ahead of time, with Baltimore waiting to cut him until Wednesday so he would get paid for the week, then re-signing him the following week so he would lose no money. The fact he was a vet who loved playing in Baltimore which is why they cut him, they thought he would return.

Of course, they didn't plan on Ryan stealing him away. He probably wouldn't do it for anyone but Ryan, who coached him for 3 years.

I guess it is semantics, but I wasn't trying to express an opinion. I was sharing information which I had read about a thread. I thought that was what the forum was for, but I will be more careful sharing information in the future. I will try to expressly indicate when I am sharing an opinion vs. when I am sharing information.

Stewie
09-30-2010, 03:06 PM
What I wrote was:

"Pryce is a veteran who loves playing in Baltimore. He doesn't want to go anywhere and is helping them out. I guess you could talk to him to see if he is willing to leave, but I'd expect he is staying in Baltimore."

First of all, I was just sharing information, not sharing an opinion. The transaction was worked out ahead of time, with Baltimore waiting to cut him until Wednesday so he would get paid for the week, then re-signing him the following week so he would lose no money. The fact he was a vet who loved playing in Baltimore which is why they cut him, they thought he would return.

Of course, they didn't plan on Ryan stealing him away. He probably wouldn't do it for anyone but Ryan, who coached him for 3 years.

I guess it is semantics, but I wasn't trying to express an opinion. I was sharing information which I had read about a thread. I thought that was what the forum was for, but I will be more careful sharing information in the future. I will try to expressly indicate when I am sharing an opinion vs. when I am sharing information.

wow dude.

what you wrote, and what I bolded from the quote:

Pryce is a veteran who loves playing in Baltimore. He doesn't want to go anywhere and is helping them out.

that was your opinion, and it was wrong. you can spin it six hundred ways from sunday, but that's it. end of story. move on.

Ickybaluky
09-30-2010, 03:21 PM
wow dude.

what you wrote, and what I bolded from the quote:

Pryce is a veteran who loves playing in Baltimore. He doesn't want to go anywhere and is helping them out.

that was your opinion, and it was wrong. you can spin it six hundred ways from sunday, but that's it. end of story. move on.

No, that was the information I was passing along, not my opinion. That was what I read. Baltimore was going to play the roster game with him and they waited until Wednesday to release him so he would be paid this week. They never thought he would leave because he didn't want to, and they planned on bringing him back

However, he chose to screw them and go to the Jets after Ryan came in and convinced him differently. However, the information I passed along was the information I passed along.

I do that all the time, passing along stuff I read to advance a thread. I will be more careful in the future, since it apparently gets your panties bunched when someone doesn't specifically identify what they are posting as their opinion or some information.

Probably the only thing that could be called opinion in there was this:

"I guess you could talk to him to see if he is willing to leave, but I'd expect he is staying in Baltimore."

Notice the use of the pronoun "I", indicating it was my guess.

Mr. Pink
09-30-2010, 03:26 PM
What I wrote was:

All of this makes sense.

Teams do stuff like this all the time and then just bring back the player.

However, Rex Ryan has an extensive history with Pryce and knows what he'll bring to the table.

AND maybe Pryce thinks the Jets have a greater chance at winning a championship this year.

I doubt if anyone else expresses interest in him he leaves.