PDA

View Full Version : Ryan knows Maybin well

justasportsfan
09-29-2010, 11:33 AM
The production isn’t there initially, but you’ve got to be patient with the guy and Chan knows that. It’s probably just a matter of time before that kid turns the corner.

“Vernon Gholston has really turned the corner for us. A guy like Dwan Edwards, who I had in Baltimore struggled initially and then he became an outstanding player. I think you just have to patient. I think this young man will be an outstanding pass rusher. I just hope it’s not this week.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/29/ryan-know-maybin-well/

Problem is, you don't take a guy that high and hope he turns the corner in 3 years.

Pinkerton Security
09-29-2010, 11:37 AM
people all thought Gholston was an even bigger bust than Maybin...these guys both just need to be coached up and developed because they have a lot of athletic ability. I'm not saying Maybin will ever be a good player, but he has the possibility if put in the right position.

justasportsfan
09-29-2010, 11:39 AM
He saw more playing time last week and I wouldn't be surprised if he plays more this week.

Michael82
09-29-2010, 11:45 AM
I just hope they take him out of the 4 point stance soon. Stand him up as a rushing OLB. Don't keep him on the line as a DE to be shoved back.

psubills62
09-29-2010, 11:55 AM
What exactly has Gholston done to turn the corner?

better days
09-29-2010, 11:58 AM
The production isn’t there initially, but you’ve got to be patient with the guy and Chan knows that. It’s probably just a matter of time before that kid turns the corner.

“Vernon Gholston has really turned the corner for us. A guy like Dwan Edwards, who I had in Baltimore struggled initially and then he became an outstanding player. I think you just have to patient. I think this young man will be an outstanding pass rusher. I just hope it’s not this week.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/29/ryan-know-maybin-well/

Problem is, you don't take a guy that high and hope he turns the corner in 3 years.

The problem is Jauron did take him, so all we can do is give him time & hope he pans out.

billz83
09-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Rex Ryan likes him so much **** it trade him to the jets..Maybin was a super bust..anyone I MEAN ANYONE drafted in the 1st round that doesnt produce or show glimpses of y we got them in the 1st round is a BUST..these type of players get picked in the 3rd round..if he needed development y the **** did we draft him in the 1st round?!?! **** THIS BUST..the bills only want busts playing for us..

kingJofNYC
09-29-2010, 01:47 PM
If Maybin was on the Jets, Rex would find a way to free him up on blitzes, he'd be way more productive under him. This isn't some sort of critic on our defensive coordinators, but Rex finds ways to free up guys. Heck, Bryan Thomas looks competent at rushing the passer at times under Rex, and he was considered a total bust by most Jet fans.

Rex could probably free up my mother to take a shot at a QB.

justasportsfan
09-29-2010, 01:49 PM

we should bring her in.

malo
09-29-2010, 02:22 PM
It's in his best interest to talk Maybin up and convincing the Bills to keep him since he plays the Bills 2x a year.

EDS
09-29-2010, 02:55 PM
If Maybin was on the Jets, Rex would find a way to free him up on blitzes, he'd be way more productive under him. This isn't some sort of critic on our defensive coordinators, but Rex finds ways to free up guys. Heck, Bryan Thomas looks competent at rushing the passer at times under Rex, and he was considered a total bust by most Jet fans.

How come he can't "free up" Gholston?

stuckincincy
09-29-2010, 03:20 PM
people all thought Gholston was an even bigger bust than Maybin...these guys both just need to be coached up and developed because they have a lot of athletic ability. I'm not saying Maybin will ever be a good player, but he has the possibility if put in the right position.

The history of the NFL is littered with high draft choices cashing in that fat initial contract, then lifting their leg, laughing, and walking away.

BillsWin
09-29-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm glad Maybin is getting more play time. I have this feeling that once he gets that first sack, things will start to slow down for him.

You can tell he is working hard, he just hasn't put two and two together to make four yet.

Beebe's Kid
09-30-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm glad Maybin is getting more play time. I have this feeling that once he gets that first sack, things will start to slow down for him.

You can tell he is working hard, he just hasn't put two and two together to make four yet.

He should have stayed in school.

Maybing will be good. There I ****ing said it. Too much pussy ****... "Maybin needs to develop, I'm not saying he'll be good." Why? Because all of the "experts" will go on the same rant they have for the last year?

**** it, who gives a ****. Maybin will be good. What's the difference? Talking about this kid over and over and over and over will not change the pick, it will not make him develop over night, and he's not going to get ****ing cut. Maybin is a Buffalo Bill...support him because he's on your team or hold a grudge, hoping for something that isn't going to happen... just be sure to start 15 ****ing threads about it every week, and pile on anytime that his name is mentioned.

Thurmal
09-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Thanks, Rex, for bringing up Dwan Edwards. It was nice to actually hear his name for once this season.