PDA

View Full Version : Trents Presser... kinda

The King
09-29-2010, 02:25 PM
http://jaguars.com/multimedia/?id=3769

Mr. Pink
09-29-2010, 02:33 PM
He seemed overly happy to be out of here and went out of his way to say that he was gonna call the interview done when asked about his time here. As if he wanted to make sure he didn't say the unPC thing and blast the Bills.

RockStar36
09-29-2010, 02:34 PM
He did seem very happy. The feeling is mutual.

I liked his statement about helping Garrard out when he plays the Bills.

"Throw to the guy being covered by Whitner."

The King
09-29-2010, 02:35 PM
I dont think he'd blast the Bills, he's about as level as you can get. For better or worse, the dude shows no emotion.

SquishDaFish
09-29-2010, 02:35 PM
He looks like a jackass lol

Mr. Pink
09-29-2010, 02:36 PM
I dont think he'd blast the Bills, he's about as level as you can get. For better or worse, the dude shows no emotion.

In that short interview, I think he smiled and laughed more times than he did in his entire tenure here.

malo
09-29-2010, 02:37 PM
The haircut is called the Bieber, you dope.

Buffalogic
09-29-2010, 02:42 PM
He's a good guy come on..He had every opportunity to blast the bills after what they did to him and he didn't. I know I'd have a hard time not blasting away with those mics in my face.

justasportsfan
09-29-2010, 02:43 PM
He's a good guy come on..He had every opportunity to blast the bills after what they did to him and he didn't. I know I'd have a hard time not blasting away with those mics in my face.

what they did to him? They gave him every chance to succeed. I don't think there was even much of a qb competition and that the coaches made it easy for him to be the qb over the other 2.

Ickybaluky
09-29-2010, 02:46 PM
The biggest news coming out of that interview is that he might cut his hair.

Mr. Miyagi
09-29-2010, 03:03 PM
I used to like him.

Then I was disappointed in him.

Then I was pissed at him.

Now I fricking hate him.

I hope he gets starts in 2 weeks and gets killed by us.

Maybin now has a realistic target. The guy who can't get to the QB vs the guy who is king of getting sacked.

It's the irresistable force and the immovable object paradox.

cocamide
09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
I know Edwards sucked, but why do people hate him?

RockStar36
09-29-2010, 03:26 PM
I know Edwards sucked, but why do people hate him?

Because he sucked.

Commissioner
09-29-2010, 03:27 PM
You're a good dude Trent.... wish you the best. Wish things would of went better here for ya.

Mr. Miyagi
09-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Because he sucked.
Exactly.

I don't wish him dead or anything. It's not like Brady who is arrogant as hell.

I just hate how we invested so much time in him and gave him all the opportunities to succeed and he gave us nothing in return. So it's his fault.

Billz_fan
09-29-2010, 03:47 PM
I think he will play against the Bills, Why wouldn't he ? his best times were in practice against our defense :laughter:

imbondz
09-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Exactly.

I don't wish him dead or anything. It's not like Brady who is arrogant as hell.

I just hate how we invested so much time in him and gave him all the opportunities to succeed and he gave us nothing in return. So it's his fault.

I don't think any QB in our current system could be successful. hopefully i'm wrong tho.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Maybe it's because of the brain damage.

RockStar36
09-29-2010, 04:28 PM
I don't think any QB in our current system could be successful. hopefully i'm wrong tho.

Maybe, maybe not.

Fitzpatrick played last week with the same system, same o-line, same receivers and the offense looked completely different.

That isn't a coincidence.

Mr. Miyagi
09-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Maybe it's because of the brain damage.
:rofl: drain bamage?

Buffalogic
09-29-2010, 04:54 PM
what they did to him? They gave him every chance to succeed. I don't think there was even much of a qb competition and that the coaches made it easy for him to be the qb over the other 2.Demotion and termination in the same week is tough for anybody to handle in any career. If you have ever been fired, didn't you rip your former employer the first time somebody asked you about it? I know I did.

No hard feelings I just wish he could have been better for all the time that was put into his development.

Beebe's Kid
09-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Demotion and termination in the same week is tough for anybody to handle in any career. If you have ever been fired, didn't you rip your former employer the first time somebody asked you about it? I know I did.

No hard feelings I just wish he could have been better for all the time that was put into his development.

Well said...unfortunately, I don't think you're going to get through. Trent failed these people intentionally, and all he had to do was be Jim Kelly.

The interesting thing to take out of his interview, to me, is that he gives advice on how to be the QB on a losing team. Don't worry about being a winner, just learn how to survive in a hostile, losing environment.

For people that want to lose for a draft pick...that is what happens. I'm sure "it's different," but that is only because you want it to be.

Best of luck to you, Trent, but really, I've never paid attention to Jacksonville, besides our game, and won't now. I am not on the Trent crusade, and it's time to move on. If there ever was a "Trent era" it's over.

Canadian'eh!
09-29-2010, 05:16 PM
what they did to him? They gave him every chance to succeed. I don't think there was even much of a qb competition and that the coaches made it easy for him to be the qb over the other 2.

Pardon?

They've changed OC's 3 times in 3 years, including 2 weeks before last season. Stuck him with Dick Jauron. A Garbage OL for 3 years. Poor playcalling. No legit receiving TE.

I don't think they gave him every chance to succeed. I think they were huge contributors to his failure.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Seriously, why can't a guy just say he stunk and not "it is a business"?

we are
09-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Pardon?

They've changed OC's 3 times in 3 years, including 2 weeks before last season. Stuck him with Dick Jauron. A Garbage OL for 3 years. Poor playcalling. No legit receiving TE.

I don't think they gave him every chance to succeed. I think they were huge contributors to his failure.

still a edwards homer eh?

dude sucks get over it.

Canadian'eh!
09-29-2010, 05:24 PM
still a edwards homer eh?

dude sucks get over it.

LOL... didn't i just call him a failure? I wish him luck.

I wish the Bills more luck, since they need it far more. I mean.. they just gave CHRIS KELSAY 4 more years and 24 mill.

better days
09-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Maybe, maybe not.

Fitzpatrick played last week with the same system, same o-line, same receivers and the offense looked completely different.

That isn't a coincidence.

Yeah, it would be cool to have a twilight zone alternate reality where trent was QB in the Pats* game to see how different that game would have gone.

Oaf
09-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Pardon?

Absolutely. This guy in 07' and more so '08 was a potential franchise caller but due to several factors that potential was lost and we ended up with the '09, '10 Edwards.

Nighthawk
09-29-2010, 06:19 PM
For as bad of a QB that he is, he did act pretty classy in the interview.

djjimkelly
09-29-2010, 06:42 PM
he looks like an emo *** to bad he had no real emotion

Ground Chuck
09-29-2010, 06:42 PM
He did seem very happy. The feeling is mutual.

I liked his statement about helping Garrard out when he plays the Bills.

"Throw to the guy being covered by Whitner."

Or Kelsay, or Ellison

better days
09-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Absolutely. This guy in 07' and more so '08 was a potential franchise caller but due to several factors that potential was lost and we ended up with the '09, '10 Edwards.

Or it could be as I think, when teams got film on Trent they knew how to defend him. I don't think Trent was really all that good to begin with, there just was no book on him in the begining.

Now EVERYONE knows Trents strengths & weaknesses.

Turf
09-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Great guy behind the mic. Moron behind the center. Little girl under pressure.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2010, 02:56 AM
his hair should be lit on fire.

airdog32
09-30-2010, 03:11 AM
you know with our luck he'll turn into the Franschise QB and make probowl's so bash him now while he still sucks!

Extremebillsfan247
09-30-2010, 03:26 AM
My thought on Trent now is that he is no longer a member of this football team which means I could care less. He has become irrelevant and its time to move forward without him. I wish him luck with his new time, but I only dwell on the players we have and not the players we don't. JMO

RockStar36
09-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Demotion and termination in the same week is tough for anybody to handle in any career. If you have ever been fired, didn't you rip your former employer the first time somebody asked you about it? I know I did.

Sure, I ripped my employer.

I also wasn't talking to the media and having that interview broadcast all over the internet.

I'm sure in private he is blasting away.

In reality, he didn't perform and played horribly, so they cut him. There isn't much blasting he can do.

ChristopherWalken
09-30-2010, 07:58 AM
I do not wish him luck.

He now belongs to another team, making him the enemy...and quite possibly the best thing he could ever do for the Bills is to find a way to start going into week 5.

Bill Cody
09-30-2010, 10:45 AM
All press conferences these days are garbage. Call it Bill Belichick disease. You know what I mean. Never say anything about anything ever. What went wrong out there today Bill? "we just need to execute better in all phases of the game". Oh ok thanks!

I'd like to make pressers like that tv show where they hook the guys up to lie detectors and then ask embarrassing questions. Something like this:

Reporter: "so what do you think you can contribute here in Jacksonville Trent"?

TE: "Not too much. Ever since I got my bell rung like 2 years ago I've been pretty much useless. I'm happy to be here because I get paid a whole lot more than if I was say, bagging groceries. If they put a red jersey on me I can do a good job with the scout team but just don't put me in a real game. Getting tackled hurts just so you know".

Reporter: "So are you angry at the Bills"?

TE: "Nope. Why should I be? I got paid a lot of money to play a kids game, I played poorly and now I get to do it again here. It's a sweet gig. Backup QB in the NFL is the best job in America. I hope to God Garrard picks up his play so I can "contribute" some more holding a clipboard safe and sound on the sidelines.

Now THAT would be a presser worth watching.