PDA

View Full Version : Kelsay says team is headed in the right direction?

jpdex12
09-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Billsdaily.com

Kelsay Gets Extension: Chris Kelsay has officially signed a contract extension with the Bills. We reported on Monday that he was cose to signing a new deal. It is a four year deal and terms were not disclosed but it is believed to be in the $24 Million range. Kelsay he is very pleased with the deal and it will allow him to finish his career in Buffalo. He feels the team is headed in the right direction.

Seriously, are you kidding me? Unless we all get slapped with a hell of a playoff run "rainmaker" that none of us see coming, what the hell is this guy smoking? In the right direction? That sounds like a comment coming from a happy man that knows he's getting $5mill per year and is content with being a below average player while his team is sucking until his retirement.

Similar to a wall street CEO stating that their company is in the green even though their stock is crashing and he just pulled home a $30mill year end bonus after the media just publicized a market conduct study of their company's illegal practices...get real!

Jan Reimers
09-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Hell yeah. Wouldn't you say something similar if your employer just signed you for $24 Mil?

Pinkerton Security
09-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Hell yeah. Wouldn't you say something similar if your employer just signed you for $24 Mil?

damn, you beat me to it Jan.

jpdex12
09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
It was just so cliche though...good god! At least be honest with all of us and tell us how much you feel like Langston Walker...

BillsWin
09-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Kelsay has always been outspoken about how the team has just run in circles. He has always said something like, "I don't understand why we aren't in the playoffs." or, "we want to play post season, but we're not there yet."

For him to say we are headed in the right direction probably means something has changed.

At least, I hope so.

justasportsfan
09-29-2010, 03:27 PM
for 24 million I'll tell them we're winning to the sb every year

Mad Bomber
09-29-2010, 03:35 PM
They are headed in the right direction, if their goal is to get the #1 draft pick next year.

X-Era
09-29-2010, 04:22 PM
This is not an excuse because there is no excuse for letting this team suck this long, and right now were bad.

But, lets not forget we have made a massive change in schemes on both the O and D, have a vastly new FO, totally new coaching staff, and many new players starting.

It is inevitable that it will take time to learn the 3-4. I can think of several plays off the top of my head where the secondary players were gesturing toward each other and saying "wasnt it your guy"?

If will take time to have the 3-4 become second nature to its players. It will take time to add all the players who fit the scheme. And I think players can tell if they are on the right track or not.

The move to the 3-4 was the right move and will pay off for us in the long run... Its just going to take time.

Mr. Pink
09-29-2010, 04:24 PM
for 24 million I'll tell them we're winning to the sb every year

Take your quote here and turn into context of Lee Evans. He doesn't care because he makes tons of bank.

It amazes me that Kelsay with little to no production draws the ire of the fanbase on a ridiculous contract but Evans gets lauded and praise when he's on an even worse contract for little to no production.

YardRat
09-29-2010, 04:47 PM
If we're moving in the right direction, Kelsay should be unemployed sooner rather than later.

Buffalogic
09-29-2010, 05:12 PM
I think Kelsay has said this every year since he's been here.

wmoz11
09-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Take your quote here and turn into context of Lee Evans. He doesn't care because he makes tons of bank.

It amazes me that Kelsay with little to no production draws the ire of the fanbase on a ridiculous contract but Evans gets lauded and praise when he's on an even worse contract for little to no production.

Kelsay's suckiness is in direct correlation with his play. Evans doesn't produce because his offensive line and QB suck. Hard to make plays when, for 3 years in a row, your QB refuses to throw the ball to you.

Beebe's Kid
09-29-2010, 05:17 PM
This is not an excuse because there is no excuse for letting this team suck this long, and right now were bad.

But, lets not forget we have made a massive change in schemes on both the O and D, have a vastly new FO, totally new coaching staff, and many new players starting.

It is inevitable that it will take time to learn the 3-4. I can think of several plays off the top of my head where the secondary players were gesturing toward each other and saying "wasnt it your guy"?

If will take time to have the 3-4 become second nature to its players. It will take time to add all the players who fit the scheme. And I think players can tell if they are on the right track or not.

The move to the 3-4 was the right move and will pay off for us in the long run... Its just going to take time.

Nice post

Thurmal
09-29-2010, 05:21 PM

Evans gets a bit of a pass b/c his lack of production isn't all his fault. Tons of NFL personnel guys and cornerbacks say he is an elite receiver, but we refuse to throw him the ball.

Mr. Pink
09-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Evans gets a bit of a pass b/c his lack of production isn't all his fault. Tons of NFL personnel guys and cornerbacks say he is an elite receiver, but we refuse to throw him the ball.

And we refuse to put players around Kelsay to make him a better player too.

You can make that argument for any player on the roster to excuse his mediocre play.

Buffalogic
09-29-2010, 05:27 PM
And we refuse to put players around Kelsay to make him a better player too.

You can make that argument for any player on the roster to excuse his mediocre play.Maybe, but WR depends on QB more than any other position.

Joe Fo Sho
09-29-2010, 06:42 PM

I'm mostly upset about actual resigning him, I don't care about for how much.

Until we are in cap trouble, Lee Evans can make whatever he wants.

Oaf
09-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Kelsay probably would have wanted to get elsewhere and test free agency.. Until he realized he'd be making half, IF that, anywhere else.

jpdex12
09-29-2010, 07:06 PM

Ahhhh, A man with optimism. Nice to see there are still a few left...I'm right there with ya right up until the point where I think about how many other teams have undergone a complete face lift and produce nice results the FOLLOWING year like the Fins, Chargers after they drafted Brees and there are others. Hell look at the Bears right now!
I'm just sick of it and there's nothing we can do but be mindless followers. Ugh!

OpIv37
09-29-2010, 07:08 PM
If I could get paid $24 million to completely suck at my job, I'd say whatever my employer damn well wanted me to say and thank him for the privilege of letting me say it.

jpdex12
09-29-2010, 07:14 PM
If I could get paid $24 million to completely suck at my job, I'd say whatever my employer damn well wanted me to say and thank him for the privilege of letting me say it.

Yeah, we know...we all would but it's just a pathetic funny thing I guess. It's just like WTF? He's either a puppet, a broken record or just big mildly athletic and stupid. Oh and $24 million richer than most of us.

tampabay25690
09-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Kelsay has always been a decent player for this team and now is thrown into a OLB role in a new defensive scheme.

I feel this team is in the right direction as well and thats why Trent is not on this team...........1 good thing is Chan and Buddy don't mess around....They took over a franchise that has been at the bottom.......We all knew this would take a few years to get back. I know the same **** every year but Im an optimistic person and try to be positive about our Buffalo Bills.....
Oh well lets go 1-3 SUNDAY........................GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mad Max
09-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Hell yeah. Wouldn't you say something similar if you were horribly inept at your job and your employer just signed you for $24 Mil?

Fixed.

:dance3: <<< Kelsay (probably naked in the streets).

:roflmao: <<< What the league thinks of us.

:banghead: <<< Bills fans.

X-Era
09-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Ahhhh, A man with optimism. Nice to see there are still a few left...I'm right there with ya right up until the point where I think about how many other teams have undergone a complete face lift and produce nice results the FOLLOWING year like the Fins, Chargers after they drafted Brees and there are others. Hell look at the Bears right now!
I'm just sick of it and there's nothing we can do but be mindless followers. Ugh!
There is no reason to try to convince anyone that they are wrong to be frustrated to no end with this team. I certainly wont try. I merely make 3 points on the Kelsay matter:

1) He's not the worst LB we have by any means.

2) If we upgrade this roster at LB'er he could end up not starting and he certainly is a solid backup at that point.

3) This team was way under the cap when it ended, they certainly can afford this move and its kind of nice to spend money on someone who at the very least improves your backup situation. Is the money too much now? Yes. If he becomes a solid starter in the 3-4 by seasons end and is the run stopper in this scheme as a starter would it be worth it? Yes, IMO, because it ain't our money and this team needs solid players.

jpdex12
09-30-2010, 03:33 PM
There is no reason to try to convince anyone that they are wrong to be frustrated to no end with this team. I certainly wont try. I merely make 3 points on the Kelsay matter:

1) He's not the worst LB we have by any means.

2) If we upgrade this roster at LB'er he could end up not starting and he certainly is a solid backup at that point.

3) This team was way under the cap when it ended, they certainly can afford this move and its kind of nice to spend money on someone who at the very least improves your backup situation. Is the money too much now? Yes. If he becomes a solid starter in the 3-4 by seasons end and is the run stopper in this scheme as a starter would it be worth it? Yes, IMO, because it ain't our money and this team needs solid players.

Good points but it actually is part of our money...that ticket money goes to help pay player's salaries!

X-Era
09-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Good points but it actually is part of our money...that ticket money goes to help pay player's salaries!

Disagree, the team does not put enough back into the team. If they finally paid someone, thats a start and a drop in the bucket.

Mr. Pink
09-30-2010, 05:05 PM
The TV contract pays the players salaries.

The Cap is/was based on the TV deal.

Scumbag College
09-30-2010, 05:06 PM
For 24 mil I'll say good things about cancer and puppy punching.

jpdex12
09-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Disagree, the team does not put enough back into the team. If they finally paid someone, thats a start and a drop in the bucket.

So none of the ticket sales go towards player's salaries? Huh?

X-Era
09-30-2010, 07:42 PM
So none of the ticket sales go towards player's salaries? Huh?
Sure it does, and you have every right to complain about where we spend it. My point is that we vastly underspend on the team, and this move makes no real impact on our ability to sign anyone else yet helps solidify our backup situation at a minimum.

And if all your saying is your sick of wasting your money on this team, well...

Throne Logic
09-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah, we know...we all would but it's just a pathetic funny thing I guess. It's just like WTF? He's either a puppet, a broken record or just big mildly athletic and stupid. Oh and $24 million richer than most of us.

Um, that would be $50 million plus richer than all of us . . . Rookie contract + first $24M ext + latest 24M ext.

Of course, with all the logic that went into the first two 4 year $24M extensions, I suppose we should all be expecting a third iteration in 2014. . .