Kelsay says team is headed in the right direction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Kelsay says team is headed in the right direction?

Billsdaily.com

Kelsay Gets Extension: Chris Kelsay has officially signed a contract extension with the Bills. We reported on Monday that he was cose to signing a new deal. It is a four year deal and terms were not disclosed but it is believed to be in the $24 Million range. Kelsay he is very pleased with the deal and it will allow him to finish his career in Buffalo. He feels the team is headed in the right direction.

Seriously, are you kidding me? Unless we all get slapped with a hell of a playoff run "rainmaker" that none of us see coming, what the hell is this guy smoking? In the right direction? That sounds like a comment coming from a happy man that knows he's getting $5mill per year and is content with being a below average player while his team is sucking until his retirement.

Similar to a wall street CEO stating that their company is in the green even though their stock is crashing and he just pulled home a $30mill year end bonus after the media just publicized a market conduct study of their company's illegal practices...get real!
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Kelsay says team is headed in the right direction?

Hell yeah. Wouldn't you say something similar if your employer just signed you for $24 Mil?
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      Hell yeah. Wouldn't you say something similar if your employer just signed you for $24 Mil?
      damn, you beat me to it Jan.

Comment

• jpdex12
        • Jan 2005

It was just so cliche though...good god! At least be honest with all of us and tell us how much you feel like Langston Walker...
        Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Kelsay has always been outspoken about how the team has just run in circles. He has always said something like, "I don't understand why we aren't in the playoffs." or, "we want to play post season, but we're not there yet."

For him to say we are headed in the right direction probably means something has changed.

At least, I hope so.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

for 24 million I'll tell them we're winning to the sb every year
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mad Bomber
              • Jul 2002

They are headed in the right direction, if their goal is to get the #1 draft pick next year.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

This is not an excuse because there is no excuse for letting this team suck this long, and right now were bad.

But, lets not forget we have made a massive change in schemes on both the O and D, have a vastly new FO, totally new coaching staff, and many new players starting.

It is inevitable that it will take time to learn the 3-4. I can think of several plays off the top of my head where the secondary players were gesturing toward each other and saying "wasnt it your guy"?

If will take time to have the 3-4 become second nature to its players. It will take time to add all the players who fit the scheme. And I think players can tell if they are on the right track or not.

The move to the 3-4 was the right move and will pay off for us in the long run... Its just going to take time.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  for 24 million I'll tell them we're winning to the sb every year

Take your quote here and turn into context of Lee Evans. He doesn't care because he makes tons of bank.

It amazes me that Kelsay with little to no production draws the ire of the fanbase on a ridiculous contract but Evans gets lauded and praise when he's on an even worse contract for little to no production.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

If we're moving in the right direction, Kelsay should be unemployed sooner rather than later.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Buffalogic
                      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                      • Feb 2006

I think Kelsay has said this every year since he's been here.

Comment

• wmoz11
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        Take your quote here and turn into context of Lee Evans. He doesn't care because he makes tons of bank.

It amazes me that Kelsay with little to no production draws the ire of the fanbase on a ridiculous contract but Evans gets lauded and praise when he's on an even worse contract for little to no production.
                        Kelsay's suckiness is in direct correlation with his play. Evans doesn't produce because his offensive line and QB suck. Hard to make plays when, for 3 years in a row, your QB refuses to throw the ball to you.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by X-Era
                          This is not an excuse because there is no excuse for letting this team suck this long, and right now were bad.

But, lets not forget we have made a massive change in schemes on both the O and D, have a vastly new FO, totally new coaching staff, and many new players starting.

It is inevitable that it will take time to learn the 3-4. I can think of several plays off the top of my head where the secondary players were gesturing toward each other and saying "wasnt it your guy"?

If will take time to have the 3-4 become second nature to its players. It will take time to add all the players who fit the scheme. And I think players can tell if they are on the right track or not.

The move to the 3-4 was the right move and will pay off for us in the long run... Its just going to take time.
                          Nice post

Comment

• Thurmal
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

Evans gets a bit of a pass b/c his lack of production isn't all his fault. Tons of NFL personnel guys and cornerbacks say he is an elite receiver, but we refuse to throw him the ball.
                            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Thurmal
                              Evans gets a bit of a pass b/c his lack of production isn't all his fault. Tons of NFL personnel guys and cornerbacks say he is an elite receiver, but we refuse to throw him the ball.

And we refuse to put players around Kelsay to make him a better player too.

You can make that argument for any player on the roster to excuse his mediocre play.

Comment

Working...
                              X