PDA

View Full Version : Nothing will change until Wilson sells

Demon
09-29-2010, 03:48 PM
People can whine and cry all day about the mistakes and how it's new people, new GM and yet same embarrassing problems are happening, the fact is, we're run like a mafia with people behind the screens calling the shots and despite several firings last year, the same mafia people are still employed.

From Mort's chat on espn.com -

The owner and the people who whisper in his ear need to just back off and let his football people do their job. Ralph Wilson Jr is in the Hall of fame because of what he did in the 60s and I do believe his loyalty to Buffalo is admirable. But he fired Bill Polian and John Butler couldn't wait to get out of there. And there were a lot of good things Tom Donahoe was doing, and could have continued doing, if he had been left alone. I know those aren't popular words but the best hope now is give GM Buddy Nix and HC Chan Gailey the resources and leave them alone!

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/34627/nfl-with-chris-mortensen

Jan Reimers
09-29-2010, 03:50 PM
It will sure change then. We'll be in Toronto or Los Angeles.

Demon
09-29-2010, 03:53 PM

Atleast we'll be out of our misery.

Billz_fan
09-29-2010, 03:53 PM
It's what many of us have been saying all along, until the old fart poops his pants for the last time we are doomed to be lousy. After he does we are doomed to be without football. Short and sour.

SabreEleven
09-29-2010, 03:57 PM
When Ralph dies, I'm not sure the new owner can afford to keep the Bills in Buffalo :ill:

Demon
09-29-2010, 03:58 PM
It's what many of us have been saying all along, until the old fart poops his pants for the last time we are doomed to be lousy. After he does we are doomed to be without football. Short and sour.

Exactly. Our true victory this team isn't somehow make the playoffs, or the #1 pick but its Jim Kelly to talk Wilson to sell to local people.

SabreEleven
09-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Atleast we'll be out of our misery.

I'd rather be in the misery we are now than no misery at all.

mikemac2001
09-29-2010, 03:59 PM
And there were a lot of good things Tom Donahoe

i stopped here

trapezeus
09-29-2010, 04:04 PM
donahoe did put together a top 5 defense...if only he could have checked his ego at the door and let a real seasoned coach run the team, they might have actually done something.

even though he was part of the "failing to draft well with the top pick", he would get servicable people later in the draft. from 2006 to now, we literally have very little in the way of servicable draft players.

Demon
09-29-2010, 04:07 PM
donahoe did put together a top 5 defense...if only he could have checked his ego at the door and let a real seasoned coach run the team, they might have actually done something.

even though he was part of the "failing to draft well with the top pick", he would get servicable people later in the draft. from 2006 to now, we literally have very little in the way of servicable draft players.

He actually was able to bring free agents to Buffalo.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-29-2010, 04:13 PM
I'd rather be in the misery we are now than no misery at all.
Then I suggest you seek some professional help.

Mr. Pink
09-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Donahoe also fixed the cap jail that Butler put the franchise in.

YardRat
09-29-2010, 04:51 PM
I can't wish anybody dead, but it would be really nice if Jeff Littman would retire.

better days
09-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Really another thread with basically the same title? How many have there been now in the last 6 months? Probably at least 6.

Do we really need this thread AGAIN?

Buffalo Thriller
09-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Theres a rumor Donald Trump and Jim Kelly could buy to keep in Buffalo

Bangarang
09-29-2010, 05:32 PM

Where's this rumor coming from?

Beebe's Kid
09-29-2010, 05:37 PM

Be prepared to be slammed. I am not saying it's not possible, or that there would be anything wrong with you "just sayin'," but you are supposed to say they'll never stay in Buffalo. You don't need a link for that, but anything else, with no link..ooh, Bubba, they're coming for you!

Jan Reimers
09-29-2010, 05:38 PM
If there's any truth to the rumor, it would surely be The Donald putting up the money, and Jimbo running the football side of the operation.

Bangarang
09-29-2010, 05:40 PM
If there's any truth to the rumor, it would surely be The Donald putting up the money, and Jimbo running the football side of the operation.

I'm not sure if I can picture the Donald buying a football team. But having Kelly run the team while Trump reaps the rewards would be fine with me.

Mr. Pink
09-29-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure if I can picture the Donald buying a football team. But having Kelly run the team while Trump reaps the rewards would be fine with me.

Why not?

Trump owned the New Jersey Generals.

Nighthawk
09-29-2010, 05:46 PM

I hate this attitude from people...I really do.

Jan Reimers
09-29-2010, 05:52 PM
As a 51 year Bills' fan, I don't want them to leave, either. But all I know is that Ralph seems adamant about selling to the highest bidder, and there is no local group on the horizon. It doesn't seem good for our long term survival at the moment.

better days
09-29-2010, 05:55 PM
As a 51 year Bills' fan, I don't want them to leave, either. But all I know is that Ralph seems adamant about selling to the highest bidder, and there is no local group on the horizon. It doesn't seem good for our long term survival at the moment.

Has Kelly not said MANY times he has a group ready to buy the Bills?

Jan Reimers
09-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Has Kelly not said MANY times he has a group ready to buy the Bills?
I really hope it's true. I really do.

Mr. Pink
09-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Problem is Kelly has never stated who was in his group of investors.

It could just be talk. Doesn't mean it definitely is just talk, but it could be.

Nighthawk
09-29-2010, 06:03 PM

It could just be talk. Doesn't mean it definitely is just talk, but it could be.

I agree, but I am choosing to believe that he does have investors because that is all I've got.

better days
09-29-2010, 06:13 PM

Well, he could say who was in the group & it would still be just talk.

MANY people with money do not like things discussed in the open until the deal is done & the sigs are on the contract.

El Guapo
09-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Be prepared to be slammed. I am not saying it's not possible, or that there would be anything wrong with you "just sayin'," but you are supposed to say they'll never stay in Buffalo. You don't need a link for that, but anything else, with no link..ooh, Bubba, they're coming for you!

LOL. I agree, but this rumor has been on these (and other) boards for awhile. And the poster did state it was just that -- a rumor.

trapezeus
09-30-2010, 09:17 AM
in unrelated news, dictator Kim Jung Il has announced a succession plan for his horrid little state of N. Korea. Meanwhile Ralph has just ordered another grandslam at denny's.

a corrupt dictator can make plans to keep his franchise in perpetual state of disarray. yet a dictator of an owner can't make plans to help his franchise survive.

RockStar36
09-30-2010, 09:29 AM
It could be just talk from Kelly, but I doubt it. He knows what this franchise means to this city and what he means to it as well, I don't think he'd just spout off like that if there wasn't some substance behind it.

I'm guessing the reason he hasn't gone into the detail about it is because the team isn't for sale.

And if they didn't get the team and the team moved, then it is what it is. There is nothing we can do about it. I'd rather know now than go through this stuff every week, month, season for nothing.

It's like if I knew my girlfriend or wife was going to leave me in 6 months, well just do it now and get it over with so I can move on.

JD
09-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Wilson is giving a big "**** YOU!" to this area by not arranging plans for the teams future. He knows it is highly unlikely that someone from here will fork over the cash to keep the team in Buffalo. That being said I'm sure there are PLENTY of billionaires across North America who would want to move them. Sad :(

Bill Cody
09-30-2010, 11:23 AM
If Ralph is serious about his heirs getting the most from his estate possible be should schedule his death in the nest 3 months while the estate tax is zero.:sarcasm2:

Personally I think holding onto the team now is pure selfishness on Ralph's part. He could sell to a local group now and his heirs will have more money than they can ever spend. And he can do the right thing by the city that helped make him very rich. Or he can hold on, meddle where he shouldn't and let the team go wherever so his heirs can net a few bucks more. Isn't that about it?

DraftBoy
09-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Im not sure if Turmp owning the team is a good thing or a bad thing. Keep in mind Trump is all about $$, granted he is a huge football fan as well.

But he will likely raise prices and if the fans can't keep up, he could easily move the team as well. What ties/investment(s), if any does Trump have to WNY?

Mr. Miyagi
09-30-2010, 12:04 PM
If they ever move out of Buffalo, I already have my next team picked out.

RockStar36
09-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Im not sure if Turmp owning the team is a good thing or a bad thing. Keep in mind Trump is all about $$, granted he is a huge football fan as well.

But he will likely raise prices and if the fans can't keep up, he could easily move the team as well. What ties/investment(s), if any does Trump have to WNY?

Trump could be the $$ side, Kelly could be the football side, if they can co-exist.

Raising prices wouldn't be an issue if the team were successful. I know for me personally, I'm willing to pay significantly more if the product is good.

RockStar36
09-30-2010, 12:07 PM
If they ever move out of Buffalo, I already have my next team picked out.

What are the rules on that? I'd have a hard time rooting for another team but I know Cleveland fans that pulled it off.

DraftBoy
09-30-2010, 12:12 PM
Trump could be the $$ side, Kelly could be the football side, if they can co-exist.

Raising prices wouldn't be an issue if the team were successful. I know for me personally, I'm willing to pay significantly more if the product is good.

I dont know about how the city is doing economically to know how much they could take, but I cant imagine Trump not raising ticket prices to at least the average in the NFL. Then raising them more as they get better.

Im not sure I like Kelly running the football side, he's shown nothing in the past to suggest he has the ability to do that.

trapezeus
09-30-2010, 12:16 PM
What are the rules on that? I'd have a hard time rooting for another team but I know Cleveland fans that pulled it off.

the rules are that you don't. you are born a bills fan and you die a bills fan. if they move the team, you go to college ball.

Mr. Pink
09-30-2010, 12:17 PM

That was not very nice!

better days
09-30-2010, 12:37 PM

The prices will go up no matter who the new owner is. If a new stadium is built, prices will SKYROCKET.

Mr. Miyagi
09-30-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't know if there are rules. Especially when I don't live in Bills terrority and that they have sucked consistently for years, it's getting increasing harder to be a Bills fan.

I'm sticking with them to the end, if there is ever an end. I'll even be a Toronto Bills fan, but hell no if it's gonna be the Los Angeles DragQueens or San Antonio Titty***kers.

trapezeus
09-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Can we get a halftime chant of "SELL THE TEAM" going if wilson comes out?

I hate to think there are some fans who would say that's disrespectful, but i think it's disrespectful to ask people to pay ticketprices for a chris kelsay extension.

RockStar36
09-30-2010, 12:54 PM
That was not very nice!

I didn't mean you specifically. I had a few friends in school that jumped to Jacksonville right around that time and came back to Cleveland once they returned.

RockStar36
09-30-2010, 12:55 PM
the rules are that you don't. you are born a bills fan and you die a bills fan. if they move the team, you go to college ball.

I can live with that. It was my plan anyways. As it is, I'm more into college football with each passing week. The Bills are sucking my will to live.

RockStar36
09-30-2010, 12:56 PM
I dont know about how the city is doing economically to know how much they could take, but I cant imagine Trump not raising ticket prices to at least the average in the NFL. Then raising them more as they get better.

Im not sure I like Kelly running the football side, he's shown nothing in the past to suggest he has the ability to do that.
I don't know either, but the Sabres have boosted prices and continue to sell out games, as long as the product on the ice is good.

Buffalo is a loyal town. All these people already pay hundreds of dollars for a laughing stock. I can almost guarantee they'll shell out a little bit more for a good team.

I don't know about Kelly either. I do know he wanted to dump on Edwards before the season, so he's got that going for him.

Mr. Pink
09-30-2010, 12:59 PM
I don't know either, but the Sabres have boosted prices and continue to sell out games, as long as the product on the ice is good.

Buffalo is a loyal town. All these people already pay hundreds of dollars for a laughing stock. I can almost guarantee they'll shell out a little bit more for a good team.

I don't know about Kelly either. I do know he wanted to dump on Edwards before the season, so he's got that going for him.

He also wanted Tebow who's now behind that bum Brady Quinn on Denvers depth chart. So his QB decision making ability kinda cancels itself out.

better days
09-30-2010, 01:04 PM
He also wanted Tebow who's now behind that bum Brady Quinn on Denvers depth chart. So his QB decision making ability kinda cancels itself out.

Not really. Kelly said Tebow will take time to develop. He did not say Tebow would come in & start.

RockStar36
09-30-2010, 01:09 PM

Considering this is a bottom out season, I would've had no issue with Tebow playing instead of Fitz, Edwards or Brohm.

Mr. Pink
09-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Considering this is a bottom out season, I would've had no issue with Tebow playing instead of Fitz, Edwards or Brohm.

Tebow is, was and never will be an NFL caliber QB.

He's been put further down the depth chart that a guy that Trent Edwards is better than.