• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Just once, I'd like to see the Bills' FO prove the fans wrong

Some people are fond of saying they'll defer to the expertise of the Bills' FO rather than trust the opinions of fans. But the reality is that Bills fans are right 99% of the time. Whether it's questioning a draft pick or a bad re-signing or a bad FA selection or a bad coaching choice, the fans typically voice their displeasure immediately (or even before it's a done deal), and they're almost always right.

There is only one minor exception that I can think of: Rian Lindell. A lot of fans were down on him a few years back, myself included, then there were about 3 straight years where he and Moorman were the only guys who showed up game in and game out. And to date, he's a pretty solid kicker.

Just once, I'd be happy to see the FO really stick it to fans in a GOOD way. I'd love to see the 3-4 D suddenly click for Kelsay so this entire message board (and probably all of Bills nation everywhere, myself included) can sit down to one giant meal of crow.

But this is the real world so that ain't gonna happen. Many of us questioned re-signing Kelsay the last time, when we were still a 4-3/C2 team. He was pretty average in that D. And in his 3 games in the 3-4, he's been HORRENDOUS. Yet, he gets a new contract anyway. And once again, this fan base will prove that they're smarter than the FO.

They should just provide game-show style electronic voting keypads on the back of each seat at the Ralph, and then the fans could vote on the organizations' next moves during halftime. They could save a lot of money by firing most of the FO, and the results couldn't possibly be any worse.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Just once, I'd like to see the Bills' FO prove the fans wrong

1984 called...He wants his letter to the sports editor back.

Can't argue too vociferously, though. It would really be sweet to start seeing some of these decisions pay off instead of continually biting us in the ass.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jpdex12
      • Jan 2005

awesome thread Op!
      Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

I have to admit when the Bills signed Lindell I was not thrilled, more like meh. I have grown to like him more & more every year however. The guy is solid.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
          • Aug 2008

The thing is we were right about Lindell too. At first he was absolute piss and we had every right to hate him. He improved his game, he has become a rock. When we signed him, his first year and a half or so was atrocious, so it was in fact a bad signing. But I think he worked and got better himself, it's clear to see. I'm not holding my breath that the same thing will happen with Kelsay. It's a freaking joke that Kelsay gets an extension over Kyle Williams.
          Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
            The thing is we were right about Lindell too. At first he was absolute piss and we had every right to hate him. He improved his game, he has become a rock. When we signed him, his first year and a half or so was atrocious, so it was in fact a bad signing. But I think he worked and got better himself, it's clear to see. I'm not holding my breath that the same thing will happen with Kelsay. It's a freaking joke that Kelsay gets an extension over Kyle Williams.
            Who is saying Kelsay got an extension over anybody? Where is that idea coming from? He may have gotten one first, but that doesn't mean others aren't going to get one, and Williams still has time left anyway, right? Poz is up, I would like to see him get one (Poz is horrible in three, two, one...)

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

Wait.... I fail to see the logic in deeming Lindell a bad signing when he is an asset. Buffalo is a tough place to be a kicker, especially for someone who had an injury and came from an indoor team.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by andyxc71
                Wait.... I fail to see the logic in deeming Lindell a bad signing when he is an asset. Buffalo is a tough place to be a kicker, especially for someone who had an injury and came from an indoor team.
                I meant at the time it was a bad signing. Obviously it's worked out.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                  Who is saying Kelsay got an extension over anybody? Where is that idea coming from? He may have gotten one first, but that doesn't mean others aren't going to get one, and Williams still has time left anyway, right? Poz is up, I would like to see him get one (Poz is horrible in three, two, one...)
                  I have a hard time giving an extension to a guy who's always hurt.

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

I don't think anyone expected anything from Florence. They got that one right.
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Williams got an extension last year.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                        I don't think anyone expected anything from Florence. They got that one right.
                        Florence is pretty damn good.

But I don't recall the fan base being horrified with that move like we are with Kelsay. I think most of us were satisfied with him as depth and didn't expect much more.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                          Poz is pretty average. As far as extending him, I'd wait to see what upgrades are available first.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

You know, along the same lines, this team used to be pretty good at letting useless players walk- they just sucked at replacing them with anything equal or better. Now, it seems like even that is too much to ask.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
                              • Aug 2002

Just for once, I'd like to win the lottery.

Comment

Working...
                              X