PDA

View Full Version : How many of you

imbondz
09-29-2010, 07:20 PM
became a fan of the Bills in the last 10 years? Just curious how many new fans there are, since there hasn't been many reasons to become a fan in the past 10 years...

Ginger Vitis
09-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Up until 2000 I was a casual Bills fan.. Then started listening to WGR 55 and discovered Bills message boards and became a hardcore Bills fan..Bad timing on my part..

Beebe's Kid
09-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Up until 2000 I was a casual Bills fan.. Then started listening to WGR 55 and discovered Bills message boards and became a hardcore Bills fan..Bad timing on my part..
That is a very sado-masochistic way to become a Bills fan...holy ****!

Would you classify yourself as a happy person?

Edit: Sorry...on the topic... been a fan for 25 years, so I didn't fit the demographic. Interesting question. I know of several fans that have jumped ship, but none that have joined, unless it was not really an option...like my two sons...no choice.

Ginger Vitis
09-29-2010, 08:17 PM
That is a very sado-masochistic way to become a Bills fan...holy ****!

Would you classify yourself as a happy person?

lol Yeah I'm a reasonably happy person.. A guy I became best friends with was a huge Bills fan so it was logical I'd go from being casual to hardcore.. 10 years ago I never would have known what lay ahead.. When Donahoe was hired in 2001 I thought the Bills would be a perennial playoff team again..

Buffalo Thriller
09-29-2010, 08:19 PM
ive been a bills fan for 7 years

Mindbender
09-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Been a Bills fan for about 6 years.

SquishDaFish
09-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Ive been a fan for about 23 or so years.

Bangarang
09-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Been a Bills fan for about 3 years.

cocamide
09-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Been a fan for about twenty years. I was about eight (around 1990) when I first really started watching the games. At that time, I thought the Bills were always supposed to be good. All of my family root for the Bills, so it's like a genetic disease that I've inherited from them.

imbondz
09-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Been a Bills fan for about 3 years.

what drove you over the top where you just had to become a Bills fan, no other team would do? Was it the last second loss to Dallas on that Monday night a few years ago?

or are you just from Western NY?

VeggieMan14
09-29-2010, 09:02 PM
been a bills fan since bledsoe joined the team idk how long ago that was seems like ages

G Wolly
09-29-2010, 09:11 PM
I was born at the start of the 1990 season, and was raised watching their games every week.

Been a fan literally my whole life.

mikemac2001
09-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Became one since
My oldest memory can barely
Remember that time but
I remember as a little kid under the stair well
Watching wide right. That alone won't let
Me quit on this team

DrGraves
09-29-2010, 10:46 PM
born in 1987 so never got to truly appreciate the super bowl years (although i do remember watching them)... so more or less my entire fanhood has been watching crap

Crisis
09-29-2010, 10:50 PM
since birth

BillsWin
09-29-2010, 10:56 PM
I've been a fan for a longtime. Sometimes I think too long...

wmoz11
09-29-2010, 11:03 PM
I had Super Bowl parties for the 2 Cowboys games and I was around 7 or 8 at the time. No one else in my family liked the Bills. It's been all **** ever since.

mikemac2001
09-29-2010, 11:46 PM
This thread makes me hate people who say I root for bills and so and so

No be a ****ing bills fan I lived through 4 straight sb losses at school each Monday I had to hear about
It

Did u just say ehh i root for them
And this team **** that.

Oaf
09-29-2010, 11:56 PM
I have never witnessed a playoff victory during my fandom. :( (First sentient memory I have of being affected by Bills games was the '96 Jacksonville wildcard)

Extremebillsfan247
09-30-2010, 03:44 AM
became a fan of the Bills in the last 10 years? Just curious how many new fans there are, since there hasn't been many reasons to become a fan in the past 10 years...

I've been a fan since the late 70's and have seen some pretty ugly seasons in my time here lol. In addressing the issue of the new fan, I think I can answer that based on my own experiences. I think being a fan of this team goes beyond the wins and losses. It's the sense of community, the little guy in the fight, and the level of passion displayed that you get no where else but with this team. Of course, I'm just attempting to generalize the overall explanatory reason for what draws fans to this team. JMO

Billz_fan
09-30-2010, 06:49 AM
34 years ago :up:

Beebe's Kid
09-30-2010, 09:51 AM
I was born at the start of the 1990 season, and was raised watching their games every week.

Been a fan literally my whole life.

This made me wish I'd been conceived at "The Comeback," and had a great story like that to tell...

I had been to Buffalo (going to The Falls) and I was at a garage sale... There was a new hat for sale...sweet corduroy piece. I looked at it, I liked it. I said, I am a Bills fan. Everybody in the family laughed. Some guy named Kelly came to the team...my mother's maiden name is Kelly, it all went blended perfectly. In a few years, there was no laughing...especially from the Raiders fans in the family.

While the good years were awesome, there was a ton of heartbreak. As MikeyMac mentioned...Mondays at school were ****ing brutal. I quit going after the second one.

Mr. Pink
09-30-2010, 10:09 AM
I was born here but moved to Cleveland before my formidable football watching days...the first game I have recollection of watching was the 1983 Superbowl between the Raiders and Redskins with Theismann hitting Squirek in the flat right before half.

I grew up a Browns fan and know the misery of wide right, where's my helmet from The Drive, The Fumble.

Then the Browns left town and the Bills had Dawg Pound day at the Ralph. So out of my hometown roots and respect for the franchise to do something so classy I started actually following the Bills. Considering I also live here, it's much easier getting Bills news than Browns, although I do manage to watch both teams on Sundays.

Steve Everitt remains as one of my all-time favorite players for wearing a Browns bandana under his helmet during his and the first Ravens game.

So that makes it...15 years now.

T-Long
09-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Steeler fan as a kid b/c that is all that I knew...then my family went to the Bills Colts game when I was 7 and the Bills killed them. My Dad bought me a jacket and hat, and I've been cursed ever since.

LVGrown
09-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Was born in '81, when finally old enough to get the point of football and watch an entire game was the 1st Super Bowl against the Redskins. Everybody was rooting for Redskins so I had to go against the grain and cheer for the Bills ... They suckered me in and 20 years later I'm still saying, "next year baby, we got this next year!" :gobills: :awm:

ChristopherWalken
09-30-2010, 02:45 PM
I was born into a family of raving mad Bills fans, though the first season I truly remember was 1980. The Bills finally beating the Dolphins after a 10/11 long years.

I was actually born the exact same day the Bills played their first game at the Ralph (Rich).

Prov401
09-30-2010, 03:40 PM
My story is actually interesting. The first football game I ever watched was New England vs Jacksonville, AFC Championship 1996. Living in Rhode Island, everybody was going nuts that year with the Pats. I was 8 at the time, and rocking a Bledsoe Jersey lol. I didn't know squat about football, but I guess you could say the Pats were my 'first' team.

Then 1998 came, and I saw Flutie run a bootleg against Jacksonville to win us the game, and ultimately get the Bills into the postseason after a 0-4 start. My father then told me after that game that his favorite player was Jim Kelly, and that he played for the Bills not too long ago. So, being young and naive, I ditched the Pats becuase my father started telling me about how good the Bills once were, and Flutie kept winning games, while the Pats started to blow. Off came the Pats jersey, and on came the Bills jersey.

Terrible decision.