• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

kelsay contract positives?

maybe our lockerroom of average to below average players look to kelsay as inspiration that if you are definitely getting $24 mm for sucking that it might be worth trying extra hard and see how you get paid if you are great.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: kelsay contract positives?

It's $24 million less they have to re-sign Whitner or Ellison.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

ellison can at least keep up with a TE...he could be a $30MM guy.

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

Trent
        Could
        Be
        Starting

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

I would take twenty Whitner's before one Kelsay
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

I was thinking about the Kelsay signing, and I could come up with one positive...Loyalty. I know that is not going to mean much to many here, if anybody here, but it could have some merit.

Kelsay has been here through some serious suck. Granted he didn't exactly set the world on fire, and he had millions of reasons to "tough it out," but he will be, possibly, half way decent depth at LB.

As a veteran he may provide some leadership, he has been a captain. I can only think that this is a sentimental move, and maybe one that would obviously allow Kelsay to finish his career here, and maybe be on a few winning teams before he has to hang it up.

The guy is a veteran and while many, myself included, aren't crazy about the amount, it is kind of hard to make him take a paycut, and still keep that warm fuzzy feeling.

Even when/if the cap is back, this move isn't going to be one that breaks the bank for us. It may just be a classy gesture to a classy guy.

There is a lot being read into it, but it may just be that simple, and not be cause for so much alarm. This isn't like we went and grabbed some FA and gave him a pile of money. Loyalty is a strong virtue, and at a time when it seems to count for dick, maybe the move was nothing more than showing a little class.

Disclaimer: I think I may have let the contract expire and parted ways, but I haven't been in the clubhouse or around this guy for years. He is an under-achieving poster boy for high motors to me, but there is a personal element that I am not privy to. Although I would like to fancy myself as a savvy armchair GM, the truth is that I have no clue what really goes on at OBD, and won't pretend to. I don't think this means he is our starting OLB until the end of the contract, but I have a feeling Ralph feels a little remorseful for the way some of his good veterans have left in the past, and while facing his own mortality, felt the need to "take care" of Kelsay.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

a serious good sign is that we haven't heard about ******ed signing bonuses, or at least i haven't. so if next year we actually get some real players who actually can play the position and not have to learn it, they will be able to cut him with no worries.

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                This isn't like we went and grabbed some FA and gave him a pile of money.
                Like Cornell Green?

Comment

Working...
                X