X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Kelsay Contract Detail

Football fans love great goals. There are loads of things that make it exciting but, at the start of every game, everyone hopes to witness a moment of magic.
  • wmoz11
    • Sep 2008

Re: Kelsay Contract Detail

It's not the money. It's the fact that this team identified him as a player to extend and that he won't be gone at the end of the season.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i just think, whether its guaranteed or not, this just inflated every mediocre LB and DE's contract. They must all be giddy with anticipation.

"I make tackles 5 yards down field because i'm out of position! perhaps i should make $24MM over 4 years.

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

There is no justifying this deal so people need to stop trying.

He could've signed a 4 year, $4 deal and I would've been pissed.

D & S Sports

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

RockStar and wmoz nailed it on the head. It's not the money (although 24 million for Kelsay is painful), it's the fact that he's still going to be on the team. His subtraction after this season was going to be one of the best additions this team has seen in years. A roster without Kelsay is a wonderful thing. Too bad we're the 1 team out of 32 that has the roster with Kelsay.
          Last edited by psubills62; 09-30-2010, 01:50 PM.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

I am sure his play will improve as he pushes deeper into his thirties.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
              • Aug 2004

Wonder why no one from the Bills front office came out commenting on his extension.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

I'm just pissed that he's staying here for another 4-years. He's one of the first ones that I was hoping they would get rid of after the season.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by wmoz11
                  It's not the money. It's the fact that this team identified him as a player to extend and that he won't be gone at the end of the season.
                  That's a bad thing? We keep a guy who's better than any other backup we have at this point. If he isn't a starter next season, and I hope he isn't, we have solidified our depth with this move.

All you need to look at is how many frikkin games we have been stuck with Ellison to realize that keeping him is wise. Especially when I fully expect an extra player or two to be competing with him next year for the starting job.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Michael82
                    I'm just pissed that he's staying here for another 4-years. He's one of the first ones that I was hoping they would get rid of after the season.
                    Even as a backup?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by X-Era
                      That's a bad thing? We keep a guy who's better than any other backup we have at this point. If he isn't a starter next season, and I hope he isn't, we have solidified our depth with this move.

All you need to look at is how many frikkin games we have been stuck with Ellison to realize that keeping him is wise. Especially when I fully expect an extra player or two to be competing with him next year for the starting job.

If my choice was Ellison vs Kelsay...I'd take Ellison.

One, it's his natural position.

Two, they're both junk players.

Three, Ellison is cheaper.

Comment

• wmoz11
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by X-Era
                        Even as a backup?
                        Well, as a backup it's fine. But then I do care about the money. You don't sign someone to a 4 year extension with that amount of money and plan him to be a backup. Whether he end up one or not is a moot point, because right now, that's not the plan.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                          If my choice was Ellison vs Kelsay...I'd take Ellison.

One, it's his natural position.

Two, they're both junk players.

Three, Ellison is cheaper.
                          Ellison has proved game in and game out his is the worst LB'er who has seen the field for the Bills. Totally disagree.

Besides, why are you saving Ralph's money? He's not spending what he should, if anything this is a small start.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by wmoz11
                            Well, as a backup it's fine. But then I do care about the money. You don't sign someone to a 4 year extension with that amount of money and plan him to be a backup. Whether he end up one or not is a moot point, because right now, that's not the plan.
                            Frankly, I dont care if we waste some money and solidify an important spot with a solid vet backup. Id rather that than start a UDFA or someone like Ellison.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                              • Sep 2008

Being one of the only players left on the roster that were here the last time we beat the Patriots says he must be doing something right. He is one of those guys that never really sticks out but plays just well enough to not get noticed in a bad way by the coaching staff. He's an 8 year veteran and spent all of that time in Buffalo. Because of that, he is seen by the players as one of the leaders even though he doesn't put up the numbers that justify his income. I guess the Bills see value in his longevity here. JMO

Comment

Working...
                              X