X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Suicide Hotlines

Breaking News: Yesterday, the Buffalo Bills signed former DE, now an OLB, Chris Kelsay to a contract extension worth $24 million over 4 years.

The extension has been met with rage, terror, and even suicide. There have been 58 reported suicides since the extension was reported via V Text on Wednesday afternoon. Suicide Hotlines are jammed with callers looking for help. Many claim this was the "last straw," and they "can't take it anymore."

One Bills Drive, or Ralph Wilson Stadium, has been inundated with phone calls, emails, and even protesters speaking out against the extension. A source that has requested anonymity says there have been several "fan cards" mailed to the stadium. Many of these "fan cards" were accompanied with wishes for Ralph Wilson Jr. to meet his demise.

I guess that after reading several diatribes over the Kelsay extension, all I can really say is...Wow.

Are people just running with the feeling? They see others are upset, and piling on expressing a level of rage that should be impossible to obtain over something this trivial.

Are people really this upset? I have read people post that they are giving up season tickets over this, and people are done with the team, and the obligatory death wishes for Ralph...

This deal is not that bad. The reaction is laughable. This deal is far from the richest in history, and it is for a guy that has been here a long time. Sure I know about his performance, but this deal does NOTHING to hurt this team. I don't think many would argue that Keslay provides decent depth. If you argue that there will be no reaching you.

We are 3 games into his first season as an OLB, and he is not THAT bad. He hasn't been good, but this reaction is asinine.

• Mindbender
    • Apr 2010

Re: Suicide Hotlines

linky?
    "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Tim Anderson wasn't that bad either.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

was the top half from a news source or a joke?

It's a sucky deal. there is no recourse other than to complain. he has a monopoly on our football and our city's pride. however turning in the fan card is probably what he wants. we need to be vocal with the NFL now about demanding this team stay in the area. I don't know how that's done, but we need to be proactive instead of watching it stolen from us.

as for the deal, this is exactly the same crap they've been doing for years. signing evans to $9MM a year but not getting him a QB who can make that contract seem like a steal. The last time they spent this on kelsay they didn't get that value back. The guy is a dud. The bills could have released him and no one would have picked him up.

most of my non bills fans asked me yesterday and today, "who is chris kelsay?" I mean come on, if you heard some scrub on another team signed $24MM you'd be pissed too.

This deal just means everyone else on the roster got infinitely more expensive.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

One of the biggest problems on this team is depth and having guys who provide situational strengths.

Next year for example when we go out and re-tool the LB corps, Kelsay will probably end up as a situational run defender and 4-3 DE. Giving way to better pass rushers on 2nd and long and on 3rd down. If Ellis develops he will takeover for Kelsay on 3rd down sooner rather than later and Maybin will be the rusher on the opposite side.

Depth and having guys who can play roles is important. That is what Kelsay represents. People have to realize he is not the future at OLB for the Bills.

Comment

• wmoz11
            • Sep 2008

It does hurt the team. Because instead of finding a replacement at OLB that is better or worth developing, we're stuck with Kelsay for the foreseeable future. That limits the potential of our defense as a whole.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by wmoz11
              It does hurt the team. Because instead of finding a replacement at OLB that is better or worth developing, we're stuck with Kelsay for the foreseeable future. That limits the potential of our defense as a whole.
              How do you know we don't replace him, as a starter? Having a guy like Kelsay around as depth is not really as bad of a deal as people think.

Nothing has been said, let alone, "Chris Kelsay is the starter until he decides otherwise."

I am saying people need to come down from the tower.

It is nice to have a guy that has played a few NFL downs on the roster. I know everybody thinks we can sign every FA and draft every position...unfortunately we are not going to, realistically, get 7 linebackers this off season.

Like Mahdi mentioned, he could provide depth at DE in Nickle and Dime formations too.

I know times are frustrating, but all of the people that "understand" rebuilding, and knew this was going to be a "down" year, are the ones crying the loudest.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Mindbender
                linky?
                Oh, jeez...I just cut and pasted it...

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                  • Sep 2008

This is a joke right? if it is, it's in very poor taste. JMO

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                    How do you know we don't replace him, as a starter? Having a guy like Kelsay around as depth is not really as bad of a deal as people think.

Nothing has been said, let alone, "Chris Kelsay is the starter until he decides otherwise."

I am saying people need to come down from the tower.

It is nice to have a guy that has played a few NFL downs on the roster. I know everybody thinks we can sign every FA and draft every position...unfortunately we are not going to, realistically, get 7 linebackers this off season.

Like Mahdi mentioned, he could provide depth at DE in Nickle and Dime formations too.

I know times are frustrating, but all of the people that "understand" rebuilding, and knew this was going to be a "down" year, are the ones crying the loudest.
                    You don't pay a player who provides depth $24mill! Come on! Wake up!
                    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      was the top half from a news source or a joke?

It's a sucky deal. there is no recourse other than to complain. he has a monopoly on our football and our city's pride. however turning in the fan card is probably what he wants. we need to be vocal with the NFL now about demanding this team stay in the area. I don't know how that's done, but we need to be proactive instead of watching it stolen from us.

as for the deal, this is exactly the same crap they've been doing for years. signing evans to $9MM a year but not getting him a QB who can make that contract seem like a steal. The last time they spent this on kelsay they didn't get that value back. The guy is a dud. The bills could have released him and no one would have picked him up.

most of my non bills fans asked me yesterday and today, "who is chris kelsay?" I mean come on, if you heard some scrub on another team signed $24MM you'd be pissed too.

This deal just means everyone else on the roster got infinitely more expensive.
                      He is making 250K/year more...does that maybe make them 250K more than "infinitely.'

Seriously, you don't think somebody would pick up Kelsay? Edwards didn't even clear waivers...you've seen him play right? Edwards has not had one redeeming moment since the TB game last year.

Kelsay would have gotten signed...for the 24 mill, no, but he would have signed.

This deal does not hurt the team.

To correlate Kelsay's extension with the Bills moving is melodramatic...no, it's ****ing ridiculous.

I am all for standing up to the NFL, if it comes to that, to keep the Bills in Buffalo. You are fighting before you have to. If you want to be proactive and make a stand, nobody will understand through the tears and "poor me's."

When you go on these rants, you make it sound like I don't care if the Bills stay. That couldn't be farther from the truth, bur over-reacting to every move the front office makes is not connected to the Bills staying. Don't confuse foaming at the mouth over Kelsay's extension as passion for the team.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Kelsay doesn't get a job anywhere else, beyond a vet minimum contract, that's why he's happy about the extension. And why most fans who understand the game are pissed off at the contract.

If he even gets a job elsewhere.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                          Breaking News: Yesterday, the Buffalo Bills signed former DE, now an OLB, Chris Kelsay to a contract extension worth $24 million over 4 years.

The extension has been met with rage, terror, and even suicide. There have been 58 reported suicides since the extension was reported via V Text on Wednesday afternoon. Suicide Hotlines are jammed with callers looking for help. Many claim this was the "last straw," and they "can't take it anymore."

One Bills Drive, or Ralph Wilson Stadium, has been inundated with phone calls, emails, and even protesters speaking out against the extension. A source that has requested anonymity says there have been several "fan cards" mailed to the stadium. Many of these "fan cards" were accompanied with wishes for Ralph Wilson Jr. to meet his demise.

________________________________________________________________

I guess that after reading several diatribes over the Kelsay extension, all I can really say is...Wow.

Are people just running with the feeling? They see others are upset, and piling on expressing a level of rage that should be impossible to obtain over something this trivial.

Are people really this upset? I have read people post that they are giving up season tickets over this, and people are done with the team, and the obligatory death wishes for Ralph...

This deal is not that bad. The reaction is laughable. This deal is far from the richest in history, and it is for a guy that has been here a long time. Sure I know about his performance, but this deal does NOTHING to hurt this team. I don't think many would argue that Keslay provides decent depth. If you argue that there will be no reaching you.

We are 3 games into his first season as an OLB, and he is not THAT bad. He hasn't been good, but this reaction is asinine.
                          Some people can't see the forest from the trees.

For 10 years, we watched the Bills FO make moves like this. And for 10 years, we've watched our team lose.

This year, we got a new coach and a new GM, and thought "maybe this time will be different." But it was a mistake when TD drafted Kelsay, it was the same mistake when Levy re-signed Kelsay and it's the same mistake AGAIN to sign him to yet ANOTHER contract.

This is just reality kicking us in the nuts yet again. If the Bills' "new" FO is repeating this mistake, why should we have any confidence whatsoever that they'll fix any of this team's other problems?

And yes, Kelsay really has been that bad. He's been the worst player on the field for both teams in all 3 games, and that's saying something since Trent Edwards played 2 of those games and Cornell Green played all 3.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

and the deal DOES hurt the team because it takes snaps away from guys who may eventually be worth a damn.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DBrown77
                              Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                              • Mar 2005

I now count 7 Kelsay threads.......

I think i have become numb to the random signings. We obviously arent doing anything this year and probably not next. I wish we had some depth so we can trade some players like Evans, Poz, McGee etc to get some decent draft pics.

Look at the Pats. They have the depth to trade a Seymour, Maroney, Vrabel, Etc. They then stockpile draft picks in the first 3 rounds, get good players and backfill with up and coming talent. This organization is pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                              X