PDA

View Full Version : Does Fitz have short leash?

BuffaloBlitz83
09-30-2010, 08:32 PM
If he continues to play like he has over his career, will he get pulled for Brohm? the typical 1 TD 2 INT or 2 TD 3 INT games.

Or do you think he has the rest of year barring injury regardless.

homeslice5484
09-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Depends....2 TD and 2-3 INT is much more exciting than we have seen in a long time...but if were out of the playoff race officially, then I could see a change made for the sake of seeing what Brohm has.

Gailey talked a lot about Brohm so I think its a matter of time before he gets a start or game action. Depends what the games look like.

casdhf
09-30-2010, 08:40 PM
I think he would really have to **** up to be benched.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2010, 08:52 PM
the new england game could have been won without those interceptions. roscoe was wide open, would have taken one step, and been in the end zone. score could have been 38-37, going into that last drive. he could have drove them down, set up the field position for lindell and the bills could have won the game with a field goal. without those two interceptions that game was very win-able. if he keeps up with that 2 td - 2 int **** and it's a major reason for the loss........ he will be benched, IMO.

edit: i don't care if fitz is more exciting to watch, if he keeps this interception crap up, the bills should see what they have in brohm.

Commissioner
09-30-2010, 08:59 PM
I really don't think he has a leash at all. I think no matter what happens, we will see Brohm pretty soon.

I think after the Jets blow us out, we will see Brohm vs the Jags. It's a nice weak opponent to start Brohm against.

homeslice5484
09-30-2010, 09:03 PM
I could see it, Gailey seems to want to see more of Brohm, and once were officially eliminated I think he gets his chance. Gailey knows Fitz is a backup and a good backup.

Gailey saw what he needed to see from Edwards and canned him, that shows you how fast you can lose your job with this staff, especially since they are using this year to evaluate. Brohm will see the field, but when is anyones guess. Fitz got the start cause he has had the most reps being the #2.

mrbojanglezs
09-30-2010, 09:04 PM
i think fitz plays until we have 6 losses , then gailey will know we are pretty much out of it and he'll put in brohm for the rest of the year

Turf
09-30-2010, 09:59 PM
I think if he wins one game, he gets the pick of the cheerleaders.

TigerJ
09-30-2010, 10:07 PM
If Gailey is as high on Brohm's upside as we've been led to believe, I think the length of Fitz's leash is very much tied to Gailey's assessment of Brohm's readiness to be a starter. If Gailey thinks Brohm still has some maturing and developing to do before he can be an effective starter, then Fitz's leash will be longer. I'm hoping for a short leash.

homeslice5484
09-30-2010, 10:35 PM
If Gailey is as high on Brohm's upside as we've been led to believe, I think the length of Fitz's leash is very much tied to Gailey's assessment of Brohm's readiness to be a starter. If Gailey thinks Brohm still has some maturing and developing to do before he can be an effective starter, then Fitz's leash will be longer. I'm hoping for a short leash.

Good way to put it...He starts until Gailey feels Brohm is ready, that is unless he goes on a winning streak which I don't see.

G Wolly
09-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Don't you have another Vick thread to start instead?

BillsWin
09-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Unless we are winning games left and right I fully expect Brohm to start the rest of the season following the bye week. From Gailey's presser the other day it just seems like he is really interested in seeing what Brohm can do.

RoscoeMagic
10-01-2010, 12:12 AM
I hear Vick has a short leash...he used it quite often.

HHURRICANE
10-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Okay, I hope Brohm plays so you guys can stop hanging on his nut sack.

Matter-of-fact, after he sucks it up, and he will, than you guys will be talking about the one long completion that Brown made (than got called back) and how he knows how to throw the ball downfield.

If the Bills were smart they would sign Fitzpatrick to a long term deal, as the backup, because the team responds well to him and when we do get our starter I can't think of a better guy to come in case we need him.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-01-2010, 08:20 AM

Matter-of-fact, after he sucks it up, and he will, than you guys will be talking about the one long completion that Brown made (than got called back) and how he knows how to throw the ball downfield.

If the Bills were smart they would sign Fitzpatrick to a long term deal, as the backup, because the team responds well to him and when we do get our starter I can't think of a better guy to come in case we need him.

I rather start even Brown over Fitz

trapezeus
10-01-2010, 08:40 AM

because the bills are all about paying large salaries to backups. (see: Kelsay, Chris)

as for the thread, i think if brohm is in this mix at all, you only consider him after the bye. Yes, you'll be throwing him into a road game vs. baltimore, but you'll have given him 2 weeks to feel his way through it.

if he plays vs jax, then fitz is injured. and if it's edwards vs. Brohm, that might be the worst story line i've ever heard.

Buffalo Thriller
10-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Honestly i want Brown, Brohm just doesn't do it for me. Give the Rookie a shot.

Bill Cody
10-01-2010, 11:39 AM
...but if were out of the playoff race officially

this just in...we're out of it officially

RoscoeMagic
10-01-2010, 11:42 AM
this just in...we're out of it officially

We were 0-3 in 2007 and then Robert Royal can't keep his feet in bounds in week 16 when we were 7-7 and very much alive in the playoff hunt. Help me out here people, was that against the Chargers? I remember the refs sucked wang in that one, and I never complain about the refs.

TedMock
10-01-2010, 11:44 AM
You'd have to ask his wife.

Bill Cody
10-01-2010, 11:47 AM
We were 0-3 in 2007 and then Robert Royal can't keep his feet in bounds in week 16 when we were 7-7 and very much alive in the playoff hunt. Help me out here people, was that against the Chargers? I remember the refs sucked wang in that one, and I never complain about the refs.

A true believer, I like it.

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!"

"Germans?"

"Forget it he's rolling"

"And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go"!

trapezeus
10-01-2010, 01:26 PM
it was verse the titans. if they didn't let vince young run around for a last second score in the first half, they would have won that game. and the last drive was just a classic jauron disaster.

RoscoeMagic
10-01-2010, 01:44 PM
it was verse the titans. if they didn't let vince young run around for a last second score in the first half, they would have won that game. and the last drive was just a classic jauron disaster.

I knew it was the Titans. :cgal::cgal: