PDA

View Full Version : Kawika Mitchell Asks for a Release!!

mrbojanglezs
10-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Adam_Schefter

Bills linebacker Kawika Mitchell has asked Buffalo to release him, and they could reach an injury settlement early as today.

hydro
10-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Good Riddance.

psubills62
10-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Good Riddance.

+1

He's one of the guys who should have been gone, along with Chris Kelsay after this year.

RockStar36
10-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Big deal.

Another big talker.

trapezeus
10-01-2010, 09:24 AM
and naturally his settlement will be to the tune of $24MM

wmoz11
10-01-2010, 09:26 AM
He wasn't bad - just couldn't stay on the field. He made a lot of money from us with one great game against us back in 2007.

djjimkelly
10-01-2010, 09:28 AM
u dont want to be here let me introduce you to the door

good riddance under achiever

ChristopherWalken
10-01-2010, 09:34 AM
I wonder if this in response to Kelsay's deal?

OpIv37
10-01-2010, 09:39 AM
I saw Mitchell intercept a pass in the endzone right in front of me to ensure a victory against the Chargers in the infamous 2008 "blackout game."

Every other memory I have of the guy is bad. And he's cutting us a break, as teams are forbidden from cutting people on IR without an injury settlement.

Another bad FA pickup by Buffalo.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Well **** i thought we already did.

trapezeus
10-01-2010, 09:53 AM
I saw Mitchell intercept a pass in the endzone right in front of me to ensure a victory against the Chargers in the infamous 2008 "blackout game."

Every other memory I have of the guy is bad. And he's cutting us a break, as teams are forbidden from cutting people on IR without an injury settlement.

Another bad FA pickup by Buffalo.

i remember that interception. he moved like a slower version of shane conlan. he made it to like the 50 on what should have just been a full 90+ yard scamper for a TD.

psubills62
10-01-2010, 09:59 AM
He wasn't bad - just couldn't stay on the field. He made a lot of money from us with one great game against us back in 2007.

The Patriots have made a great living acquiring guys who do really well against them. It works for them because they're actually good. Doesn't work so much for us, considering everyone and their grandma has a good game against us.

Ickybaluky
10-01-2010, 10:01 AM
The Patriots have made a great living acquiring guys who do really well against them. It works for them because they're actually good. Doesn't work so much for us, considering everyone and their grandma has a good game against us.

It doesn't always work out, as Adalius Thomas and Greg Lewis can attest.

OpIv37
10-01-2010, 10:02 AM

well also the Patriots are smart enough to NOT become enamored by one good game.

Beebe's Kid
10-01-2010, 10:11 AM
I remember reading that Mitchell had healed up, and was going to be able to play...

Surprisingly enough, I think he "tweeted" it.

If the Bills cut him and give him the injury settlement, are they eligible to resign him to get him on the field? Is that a possible motive?

I am fully aware that he is not well-liked, I am not making an endorsement for him...although I don't think he would hurt our defense, as he is better against the pass than anybody we currently have. I am just asking if that is possible.

Oddly enough, I think the Chargers game was the best of Trent's tenure, and was probably the most fun I've had at a game in the last couple years. It was a great play at the time...I guess I saw an interception in the Red Zone, and was happy about that...I guess it never crossed my mind to be upset he didn't return it for six. Now I am just pissed he picked it off in the first place.

bigbub2352
10-01-2010, 10:12 AM
add him to the list of failed Free Agents...wow our front office is a joke...especially when that bum Coy Wire talks **** about them.. you know things are BAD!

justasportsfan
10-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Kawika knows he isn't gonna be part of this futures core. Time to move one and give the young ones the snaps.

mikemac2001
10-01-2010, 10:53 AM
can we ask for out time and money back?

Ebenezer
10-01-2010, 10:56 AM
There's a debate about this?

Any player that doesn't want to be here = employee caught with resume in copier.

ZAZusmc03
10-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Just got v text that the bills reached.an injury settlement with him. Good bye mitchell

Billz_fan
10-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Thank god !!

A big talker with no production.

RockStar36
10-01-2010, 10:59 AM
I remember reading that Mitchell had healed up, and was going to be able to play...

Surprisingly enough, I think he "tweeted" it.

If the Bills cut him and give him the injury settlement, are they eligible to resign him to get him on the field? Is that a possible motive?

I am fully aware that he is not well-liked, I am not making an endorsement for him...although I don't think he would hurt our defense, as he is better against the pass than anybody we currently have. I am just asking if that is possible.

Oddly enough, I think the Chargers game was the best of Trent's tenure, and was probably the most fun I've had at a game in the last couple years. It was a great play at the time...I guess I saw an interception in the Red Zone, and was happy about that...I guess it never crossed my mind to be upset he didn't return it for six. Now I am just pissed he picked it off in the first place.

Last time I read his tweets about his injury, he said it was a 12 week injury.

He has also blasted the Bills organization twice in the past 6 months or so on Twitter, so good riddance.

He has a big mouth and little game to back it up.

Buffalo Thriller
10-01-2010, 11:18 AM
He wasn't that good here, but didn't play well for the Giants...

psubills62
10-01-2010, 11:22 AM
And he's been released with an injury settlement, per rotoworld.com.

shelby
10-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Good luck :wave:

Cleve
10-01-2010, 11:29 AM
So who exactly was responsible for hiring this dead wood in the first place?

And you'd think, once in a while, the law of averages would dictate that one of these hires would be good. LOL!

RoscoeMagic
10-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Watch one of our rivals signs him and he kicks our ass late in the year.

Having said that is not praising him, it's praising the other coaches in our division to get the most out of their players.

I hope Donte's big mouth goes next.

topher180
10-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Last time I read his tweets about his injury, he said it was a 12 week injury.

He has also blasted the Bills organization twice in the past 6 months or so on Twitter, so good riddance.

He has a big mouth and little game to back it up.

Right, how unthinkable. I can't imagine why anyone would question our proud organization.

Anyways, he's just one in a long line of mediocre players on this roster. Not a playmaker, not someone who would start for most other NFL franchises. Same old ****. He doesn't matter on the team or off the team. Blah.

Mr. Miyagi
10-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Sure. He'll go to another team and become a good contributor. Like Spikes and Fletcher.

We ****** suck.

more cowbell
10-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Sure. He'll go to another team and become a good contributor. Like Spikes and Fletcher.

We ****** suck.

If only we gave Fletcher the 5 years 25 million he wanted...instead of giving that exact same contract to Langston Walker that year...another STELLAR move by the FO.

HAMMER
10-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Do you people EVER stop *****ing? Good God, you sound like hormonal teenage girls.

cocamide
10-01-2010, 12:04 PM
If only we gave Fletcher the 5 years 25 million he wanted...instead of giving that exact same contract to Langston Walker that year...another STELLAR move by the FO.

With some time, you could probably find about 1000 posts on here whining about how London sucks and he only makes tackles ten yards down the field, how he's undersized, how he makes bonehead penalties at critical times, etc. etc. etc.

RoscoeMagic
10-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Wow Kaveek completely spit in the face of the Bills organization:

KawikaMitchell (http://twitter.com/KawikaMitchell) Well… I hope my friends(fans) in Buffalo loved me as a player and continue to follow and support me as I move on to the next place in my life. I loved my teammates and fans in Buffalo. Wish I could’ve made a bigger difference but it’s true sh** definitely happens. I still support my brothers. Their fighting to build this thing.

He made it a point to single out he liked the fans and teammates. He must have HATED the coaches and front office. Who can blame him?

cocamide
10-01-2010, 12:08 PM

KawikaMitchell (http://twitter.com/KawikaMitchell) Well… I hope my friends(fans) in Buffalo loved me as a player and continue to follow and support me as I move on to the next place in my life. I loved my teammates and fans in Buffalo. Wish I could’ve made a bigger difference but it’s true sh** definitely happens. I still support my brothers. Their fighting to build this thing.

He made it a point to single out he liked the fans and teammates. He must have HATED the coaches and front office. Who can blame him?

Quite a stretch, there.

Beebe's Kid
10-01-2010, 12:10 PM
With some time, you could probably find about 1000 posts on here whining about how London sucks and he only makes tackles ten yards down the field, how he's undersized, how he makes bonehead penalties at critical times, etc. etc. etc. :lolabove:

Excellent post.

When will the FO be as smart as the fans??? We've made 4,587 trades in the last week alone...we've drafted the best players ever, and we've signed every FA to the cheapest contracts in history.

Beebe's Kid
10-01-2010, 12:14 PM

He made it a point to single out he liked the fans and teammates. He must have HATED the coaches and front office. Who can blame him? http://www.reachingourkids.com/Reach_Logo_-_postcard.jpg

Jan Reimers
10-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I wish him well, but his future was definitely not with a rebuilding team.

ServoBillieves
10-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Good luck to him, but please, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

I wasn't a big fan, and without the signings of Ayodele and Davis this would be a head scratcher, but he's dead weight. Enjoy playing for Cleveland (that's just my guess.)

billz83
10-01-2010, 12:59 PM
This FO is beyond a joke..no respect for these worthless crackhead bums...I WISH bills fans held these clowns accountable for the sabotaging they have done to this team along with the old man...the FA we get are garbage, the majority of the players we draft are BUSTS! bills fans should be outside OBD with assault rifles demanding a ****** CHANGE! CANT WAIT TILL OLD MAN WILSON is GONE!!! he is a curse to this team with his incompetent senile mind!

better days
10-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Right, how unthinkable. I can't imagine why anyone would question our proud organization.

Anyways, he's just one in a long line of mediocre players on this roster. Not a playmaker, not someone who would start for most other NFL franchises. Same old ****. He doesn't matter on the team or off the team. Blah.

Just as the HC & front office do not throw players under the bus, neither should players throw the organization that is PAYING them under the bus.

trapezeus
10-01-2010, 01:19 PM
with or without the injury, i didn't see mitchell being on the team this year.

i think this paves the way to look for a QB-type MLB in the draft next year. get a guy with freaky talent next to poz and all of a sudden poz will be someone to deal with.

Extremebillsfan247
10-01-2010, 01:34 PM
And he's been released with an injury settlement, per rotoworld.com. Just seen it on the Bills main site too. So looks official. Oh well, bye bye Mitchell. That's 2 inept players down, who's next? lol

trapezeus
10-01-2010, 01:47 PM
whitner!!!!!

Mad Max
10-01-2010, 01:50 PM
well also the Patriots are smart enough to NOT become enamored by one good game.

cough*Rob Johnson*cough

Cleve
10-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Do you people EVER stop *****ing? Good God, you sound like hormonal teenage girls.

I'll stop *****ing the day the Bills win a Superbowl. Maybe.

X-Era
10-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Adam_Schefter

Bills linebacker Kawika Mitchell has asked Buffalo to release him, and they could reach an injury settlement early as today.

Anything that forces the team to re-address the position is a good thing. Ijust hope Chan/Nix will make a better call this time around. D'Qwell Jackson is hurt but has a contract thats up... thats the type of player I would like... or David Harris. Knowing us, it will likely be someone much lesser.

Maybe this just heightens the need for a guy like Hawk in a trade?

X-Era
10-01-2010, 04:20 PM
with or without the injury, i didn't see mitchell being on the team this year.

i think this paves the way to look for a QB-type MLB in the draft next year. get a guy with freaky talent next to poz and all of a sudden poz will be someone to deal with.

Problem is, this draft is fairly weak at LB. I love Herzlich, but he's really more of an OLB. Sturdivant had the off the field crap, but I like him a lot. Hightower was very unimpressive against Ark IMO. If it has to be this year Id much prefer a trade or free agent in addition to the draft.

better days
10-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Problem is, this draft is fairly weak at LB. I love Herzlich, but he's really more of an OLB. Sturdivant had the off the field crap, but I like him a lot. Hightower was very unimpressive against Ark IMO. If it has to be this year Id much prefer a trade or free agent in addition to the draft.

Because of the way things played out this year with FA, I think there will be a number of players available next year in FA.

The Bills will probably not sign a pro bowl player, but they should get a solid player at least.

X-Era
10-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Because of the way things played out this year with FA, I think there will be a number of players available next year in FA.

The Bills will probably not sign a pro bowl player, but they should get a solid player at least.
Isnt that exactly what Mitchell was supposed to represent? Are we trying to get significantly better or not?

better days
10-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Isnt that exactly what Mitchell was supposed to represent? Are we trying to get significantly better or not?

I'm just going by what Nix has said. He said the Bills will not sign high profile FA. If there are no GREAT LB's to pick in the draft, that position may have to wait until the next year.

The are so many needs it will take a little time.