PDA

View Full Version : Source: Jamon Meredith to sit again Sunday

patmoran2006
10-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Spoke to a Bills source and I'm reporting that Jamon Meredith will again be inactive on Sunday.. Howard will back up both tackle spots, and Urbik will back up both guard spots.

Not earth shattering news by any means, but thought it was at least worth noting.

trapezeus
10-01-2010, 03:37 PM
uhoh, meredith will be next week's cut. we've had edwards, then kawika, then meredith.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Howard will be starting at RT before the year is over.

hydro
10-01-2010, 03:39 PM
The person a lot of people on here touted as a much better option than Bell is inactive again. :rofl:

THATHURMANATOR
10-01-2010, 03:47 PM
The person a lot of people on here touted as a much better option than Bell is inactive again. :rofl:
Well what is the problem with him? Is he injured?

patmoran2006
10-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Well what is the problem with him? Is he injured?

Meredith is healthy.

mrbojanglezs
10-01-2010, 03:53 PM
any status on ed wang, is he closer to getting gameday healthy?

patmoran2006
10-01-2010, 03:54 PM
any status on ed wang, is he closer to getting gameday healthy? Not sure, just know he wont be active this week or next.

bigbub2352
10-01-2010, 03:56 PM
cut meredith and sign someone else he is as terrible as Green

JCBills
10-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Cut Green, start Howard at RT and have Meredith back up both T spots. Everyone is young and will probably continue to improve. Howard is 23, Meredith is 24, and Bell is 26. Green is 34 and his experience doesn't seem to be helping him. This is a year where the coaches really need to look at what the youth of the team has, because that's something Jauron rarely did. Letting the young guys play and gain experience might answer a few questions before the draft.

Albany,n.y.
10-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Why isn't Meredith starting? We got him off Green Bay's practice squad, he has to be good!

patmoran2006
10-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Cut Green, start Howard at RT and have Meredith back up both T spots. Everyone is young and will probably continue to improve. Howard is 23, Meredith is 24, and Bell is 26. Green is 34 and his experience doesn't seem to be helping him. This is a year where the coaches really need to look at what the youth of the team has, because that's something Jauron rarely did. Letting the young guys play and gain experience might answer a few questions before the draft.

I share that sentiment and although this is purely speculation, I wouldnt be surprised to see that happen.. However, I think Wang would be in that equation and not Meredith. I think that his time here may be coming to an end very soon, though short of needing a roster spot I don't see much gain in just cutting him right now.

however, Shawn Nelson's roster spot is going to be here come next week, and either Meredith or John McCargo is the most likely to go, though if Stroud is out for a whlie that could save McCargo (again)

more cowbell
10-01-2010, 04:27 PM
this suprises me...I thought meredith was a decent backup

The last buffalo fan
10-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm no expert, but like Meredith over ****ing Yellow or Green!

tampabay25690
10-01-2010, 04:45 PM
this suprises me...I thought meredith was a decent backup

Yea me 2....

better days
10-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Spoke to a Bills source and I'm reporting that Jamon Meredith will again be inactive on Sunday.. Howard will back up both tackle spots, and Urbik will back up both guard spots.

Not earth shattering news by any means, but thought it was at least worth noting.

I think Buddy & Chan really like Urbik. Wood to Center & Urbik to RG by next year. Hang to back up the entire interior line.

Michael82
10-01-2010, 05:10 PM
This is very surprising. I don't know why they won't give him a chance at RT. He's definitely better than Cornell Green, who should be cut!

Jan Reimers
10-01-2010, 05:50 PM
This is very surprising. I don't know why they won't give him a chance at RT. He's definitely better than Cornell Green, who should be cut!
If the answer is that Green is better than Meredith (and Howard), we're in deep doo-doo.

OpIv37
10-01-2010, 07:51 PM
We might as well just cut Meredith. He can't even BACK UP Green or Bell? That's beyond horrendous. How did he even make the roster if he's that friggin bad?

BertSquirtgum
10-01-2010, 08:30 PM
uhoh, meredith will be next week's cut. we've had edwards, then kawika, then meredith.

i got a bills text that they had reached an injury settlement with mitchell. does that mean they are rid of the bum?

OpIv37
10-01-2010, 08:55 PM
i got a bills text that they had reached an injury settlement with mitchell. does that mean they are rid of the bum?
They are rid of the bum.

Teams can't cut injured players per the CBA. But if the player agrees, they can release the player in exchange for a sum of money (I.e. "injury settlement").

He is gone.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-01-2010, 09:42 PM
The person a lot of people on here touted as a much better option than Bell is inactive again. :rofl: That's like saying cow manure tastes better than dog droppings-- it ain't saying much.

BertSquirtgum
10-01-2010, 10:51 PM
They are rid of the bum.

Teams can't cut injured players per the CBA. But if the player agrees, they can release the player in exchange for a sum of money (I.e. "injury settlement").

He is gone.
edwards and mitchell gone. not bad. only wish kelsay and whitner were gone as well.

JCBills
10-02-2010, 01:29 AM
We might as well just cut Meredith. He can't even BACK UP Green or Bell? That's beyond horrendous. How did he even make the roster if he's that friggin bad?

He had a very good preseason. He made Orakpo look average. I don't know what the deal is, but he looked solid before. He had a few rough plays in the first two games, who knows.

billz83
10-02-2010, 03:16 AM
meredith is terrible but if i HAD to choose between him and green..****tt id cut green in a heartbeat!! green is one of the worst tackles in the entire NFL i still dont know y the hell we would sign a garbage *** player like that..

TigerJ
10-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Meredith is certainly a disappointment. It sounds like he's on his way out. On the other hand, this Cordaro kid sounds like a pretty lucky find for a street free agent. If he can develop, maybe he's our replacement for Green in a little while. Green certainly isn't going to get any better.

patmoran2006
10-04-2010, 03:41 PM
So much for this bum...

Im hoping Ed Wang when healthy can grow into a good tackle. I like Cordaro Howard, but still think he's more of a guard than tackle long term.

trapezeus
10-04-2010, 03:44 PM
wang needs to get out onto the field this year. if he can prove worth the hype, i think we have everyone but the LT as starters.

RoscoeMagic
10-04-2010, 03:44 PM
So much for this bum...

Im hoping Ed Wang when healthy can grow into a good tackle. I like Cordaro Howard, but still think he's more of a guard than tackle long term.
Lovin the inside info! Solid call with Jamon