• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Kelly's Call: Move at QB had to be made

In looking back at the developments that took place at the quarterback position for the Bills this week, something had to be done. They had given Trent (Edwards) many, many opportunities and it just didn’t work. I tip my hat to Chan Gailey for doing it and not waiting until later on. Trent is a good guy and a friend and unfortunately it just didn’t work out for him. I wish him nothing but the best of luck, but sometimes players need a fresh start and a different atmosphere. Hopefully this is something that will benefit Trent moving on to another team.
    I liked what I saw from Ryan Fitzpatrick this past week. Is he the long term answer? We will see. Do we all hope? You better believe it. I definitely saw positive things that I wasn’t seeing from Trent. The good thing is Ryan is not afraid to throw the ball in there and take chances. Unfortunately two of those chances he took at New England didn’t work out for him and they resulted in turnovers. But at least it’s the right approach where he’s not afraid to stick the ball in there and take a chance to make a big play. You have to get defenses to respect you arm and respect your passing game before you can even be successful.
    Any time defensive backs are hunkered down and they don’t have to worry about the deep throw, they’re going to be right on the ball every time. They’re going to be making breaks on the ball and defensive backs won’t be in their full backpedal. Unfortunately for the Bills the opposing defensive backs weren’t worried about the deep throw much. They were making quick breaks on the ball and taking advantage of it.
    read more...

• Syderick
    • Apr 2006

Re: Kelly's Call: Move at QB had to be made

Yea that QB change definitely needed to happen.
    3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

I really believe the plan is to give Brohm some reps in practice for the next few weeks and then start him after the bye.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i think releasing edwards is independent of any other QB discussion. Chan said it, and kelly hints at it. Keeping edwards after a second demotion does nothing for edwards. it undermines his ability, and he's done in buffalo by benching him.

So let him start somewhere else. for him to see t he field in Buffalo would have been a disaster. Plus it's hard to have him take the 3rd spot.

Comment

Working...
        X