PDA

View Full Version : Forfeit rest of Season...Sign Luck NOW!!!!

Thundering Buffalo
10-02-2010, 08:05 PM
This guy is for real he shows poise under pressure and defensive recognition making the right play, not forcing anything and taking what the defense gives him.

Dr. Lecter
10-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Except he is unlikely to come out.

X-Era
10-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Except he is unlikely to come out.Doc, I hear he's going to graduate early and many think he's the top pick... why would he risk losing money if he gets injured with a #1 pick rating?

Ebenezer
10-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Doc, I hear he's going to graduate early and many think he's the top pick... why would he risk losing money if he gets injured with a #1 pick rating?
Because there will be no NFL season in '11.

X-Era
10-02-2010, 08:19 PM
The Bills could easily blow this by winning 3 or 4 games... In a non-playoff season, I hope they get the top pick... we need a guy like this.

X-Era
Because there will be no NFL season in '11.How does it matter?

Ebenezer
Doc, I hear he's going to graduate early and many think he's the top pick... why would he risk losing money if he gets injured with a #1 pick rating?
Because the Bills are probably going to get the top pick in the draft and he doesn't want to play for them.

Dr. Lecter
10-02-2010, 08:20 PM

If there is no NFL season or the risk of it, why come out and risk not playing next season?

Ebenezer
How does it matter?
The draft has to be negotiated as part of the CBA. IF there is no CBA and no draft then where does he have to go?? Back to school.

Dr. Lecter
Because the Bills are probably going to get the top pick in the draft and he doesn't want to play for them.

Teams drafting first overall usually are not desired locations.

And I have not heard him say that.

Ebenezer
If there is no NFL season or the risk of it, why come out and risk not playing next season?
And if there is a draft and no season then why sit and have your skills rust for a year.

Ebenezer
10-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Teams drafting first overall usually are not desired locations.

And I have not heard him say that.
I never said he said it. I was just answering X's question.

X-Era
10-02-2010, 08:23 PM
If there is no NFL season or the risk of it, why come out and risk not playing next season?Huh? Why go back to college with a #1 overall rank and risk injury and losing a bunch of money potentially. He gets the #1 pick contract without risking anything after this season... Gets the contract without playing a single down... thats the smart move.

X-Era
10-02-2010, 08:24 PM
The draft has to be negotiated as part of the CBA. IF there is no CBA and no draft then where does he have to go?? Back to school.

There is always a draft even without a CBA.

X-Era
10-02-2010, 08:25 PM
And if there is a draft and no season then why sit and have your skills rust for a year.That I could see, but no agent will tell him to go back and risk injury.

Besides that assumes no de-certifcation which appears to be a foregone conclusion and no new CBA when we could still get a deal done.

Dr. Lecter
10-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Huh? Why go back to college with a #1 overall rank and risk injury and losing a bunch of money potentially. He gets the #1 pick contract without risking anything after this season... Gets the contract without playing a single down... thats the smart move.

If there isa draft and no season there will be no contract. Teams will not sign the picks without knowing the parameters of cap rules and the such

Ebenezer
10-02-2010, 08:29 PM
There is always a draft even without a CBA.
I believe that is incorrect if they shut down the league before April 1.

X-Era
10-02-2010, 08:30 PM
If there isa draft and no season there will be no contract. Teams will not sign the picks without knowing the parameters of cap rules and the suchOf course, but they still retain the rights. And the prospects would have to risk injury by going back... if your the top pick, you just wouldn't risk the injury.

Dr. Lecter
10-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I believe that is incorrect if they shut down the league before April 1.
He is right. There will be a draft next year regardless

X-Era
10-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I believe that is incorrect if they shut down the league before April 1.I hope thats not true.

If so,

Leave it to our lack of luck for us to get screwed out of Luck.

mrbojanglezs
10-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Because there will be no NFL season in '11.

i think the opposite, even if there is no football this could be the last chance to get that big guaranteed contract..... a lot of people may come out early

X-Era
10-02-2010, 08:34 PM
i think the opposite, even if there is no football this could be the last chance to get that big guaranteed contract..... a lot of people may come out earlyThe CBA is dead after this season ends. That means any new contract must meet the new CBA which is almost definitely going to include a rookie cap.

Mike13
10-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Could you guys somehow at least beat the Jets first? Then you can continue sucking.

Commissioner
10-02-2010, 08:58 PM
The only thing that bothers me about Luck is that he never fires the ball. I just want to see what kind of arm strength he's got. He seems to always float the ball everywhere, even though he's very accurate.

Watch him the second half and tell me if you ever see him gun the ball somewhere.

X-Era
10-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Could you guys somehow at least beat the Jets first? Then you can continue sucking.Come on, who do you think we are?

X-Era
10-02-2010, 09:02 PM
The only thing that bothers me about Luck is that he never fires the ball. I just want to see what kind of arm strength he's got. He seems to always float the ball everywhere, even though he's very accurate.

Watch him the second half and tell me if you ever see him gun the ball somewhere.His arm strength is not elite by any means... its adequate though, IMO. But, for a team that has had blockheads for QB's like the Bills have, I want a guy that has the mental markup... and he's elite in that manner.

I wont be unhappy with a few other guys, but Luck is the guy I want the most.

Mad Max
10-02-2010, 09:04 PM

If a player is concensus #1 it would be in his absolute best interest to declare. Nothing good can come from him returning to school only bad.

He can't increase his draft status by playing better, because he's already #1, so all that can happen is he can play himself out of the #1 spot, or worse, he can have a season ending injury which could cause him to drop, or much worse and he can have a career ending injury without earning a penny.

((BTW, guys..don't look now but Locker is having a very good game...against USC))

BidsJr
10-02-2010, 09:05 PM
None of this matters. Even if there is no season in 2011 and he goes back to school....... We would still have the first pick after his senior season, before the 2012 season.

Tank it.

Ebenezer
10-02-2010, 09:35 PM
The CBA is dead after this season ends. That means any new contract must meet the new CBA which is almost definitely going to include a rookie cap.
That's just it. The draft is part of the CBA.

X-Era
10-02-2010, 09:40 PM
That's just it. The draft is part of the CBA.I would think (dont know) that even without a union you would have a draft, and therefore, having a CBA wouldn't have any affect on a draft.

Thundering Buffalo
10-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Locker and Mallet are flawed lets hope Luck is available and theres no lockout hell a broken clock is right twice a day after a 10 year draught we deserve a little LUCK!

better days
10-02-2010, 10:02 PM
And if there is a draft and no season then why sit and have your skills rust for a year.

For the BONUS MONEY he will get............paid to do nothing.

tampabay25690
10-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Once you get an agent you cannot go back to school...

Akhippo
10-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Once you get an agent you cannot go back to school...

He cant play football. But he can go back to school.

tampabay25690
10-02-2010, 11:02 PM
He cant play football. But he can go back to school.

Yes correct.
But why owuld a kid want to do that????????:chug:

bigdog72ny
10-02-2010, 11:11 PM
the cba runs out in may.after the draft has already happened

PromoTheRobot
10-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Great idea. Let's stick a kid into a starting QB role on a bad NFL team. No better way to ensure failure. Did it ever occur to anyone that if you draft a college junior he may have to sit a year or two before he physically matures enough to play in the NFL?

PTR

Prov401
10-03-2010, 02:36 AM
His arm strength is not elite by any means... its adequate though, IMO. But, for a team that has had blockheads for QB's like the Bills have, I want a guy that has the mental markup... and he's elite in that manner.

I wont be unhappy with a few other guys, but Luck is the guy I want the most.

What 'mental markup'? Just because he is from Stanford and spends all day studying film, doesn't make him Joe Montana. Trent went to Stanford (smart kid), Fitz is a brainiac as well, and both are backups in this leauge.

The last two weeks, Luck has been very un-impressive IMO. He has no arm stregnth, and last I checked, only one guy has really gotten it done here in Buffalo, and oh yea, he had a little bit of arm stregnth going on. I don't understand the crazy love for this kid at all. He has no fire on his passes, and tonight he threw up two dumb interceptions. And yea, dumb. He lobs most of his passes, and stared the hell out of the receiver in the end zone on the last pick.

The only successful recipe Buffalo Bills football has had at QB is this. Big. Strong. Decisive. Tough. Accurate. Passionate. (Kelly duh)

I'm definitely on the Mallett wagon right now, for obvious reasons. Big, strong, tough, ZIPPPPPPS his passes, and has a quick release. Definitely needs polising, as all these college QB's do.

Hey, I hope Luck proves me wrong, and starts to look better each week. Having as many good QB's in the 2011 draft to choose from is a better thing for Buffalo. But, he does not wow me at all, and I feel he is going to be an average QB.

Extremebillsfan247
10-03-2010, 02:43 AM
Forfeiting a season to get the top pick is illegal. You could end up losing your first round pick altogether as punishment by the no fun league, and then what would the point be? You could always hope they lose and route against them if that's your thing. Don't expect many followers though. Most of us just want to see them win. JMO.

X-Era
10-03-2010, 06:58 AM
What 'mental markup'? Just because he is from Stanford and spends all day studying film, doesn't make him Joe Montana. Trent went to Stanford (smart kid), Fitz is a brainiac as well, and both are backups in this leauge.

Luck has the ability to survey the field and make the right decision most of the time. He can go through progressions and find the open man. And unlike Edwards, he has no problems throwing down field. His decision making is very good but yes he threw the big INT in this game. Manning throws them too. Luck can command an offense and control the movement of the chains.

The last two weeks, Luck has been very un-impressive IMO. He has no arm stregnth, and last I checked, only one guy has really gotten it done here in Buffalo, and oh yea, he had a little bit of arm stregnth going on. I don't understand the crazy love for this kid at all. He has no fire on his passes, and tonight he threw up two dumb interceptions. And yea, dumb. He lobs most of his passes, and stared the hell out of the receiver in the end zone on the last pick.

I really think your overstating this. Luck has plenty of arm strength as witnessed by several long throws in this last game. I list the exact plays in the other thread.

The only successful recipe Buffalo Bills football has had at QB is this. Big. Strong. Decisive. Tough. Accurate. Passionate. (Kelly duh)

All of that is nice but if your indecisive and cant read a defense, it wont matter. Luck is strong in that area.

I'm definitely on the Mallett wagon right now, for obvious reasons. Big, strong, tough, ZIPPPPPPS his passes, and has a quick release. Definitely needs polising, as all these college QB's do.

Lets not forget that Mallett threw two bad picks against Bama. I mean if Luck is going to take some bashing for that late INT, Mallett should take the same hit.

Captain Obvious
10-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Could you guys somehow at least beat the Jets first? Then you can continue sucking.

The Dolphins should have beaten the Jets at home.

SquishDaFish
10-03-2010, 07:16 AM
The CBA runs out a month after draft or right after draft I believe. So there will be a draft.

ddaryl
10-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Luck Mallett and Locker are all running pretty even this season. they all have up and they all have had thier downs...

There is NO clear leader in this group as of now... this debate is going to go on all season...

Jan Reimers
10-03-2010, 08:35 AM
We don't go too far overboard on here, do we?

YardRat
10-03-2010, 08:49 AM
The current CBA expires in March of 2011.
There will still be a draft, even if there is no CBA.

Why would somebody like Luck declare amongst all of the uncertainty?

As others have said, to avoid a rookie salary cap in '12, a career-threatening injury in college, the likelihood that an agreement is reached for at least part, if not all, of the '12 season.

Makes less sense to stay in college for one more season right now than it ever has in the past for anybody expecting to be taken in the first round.

X-Era
10-03-2010, 10:07 AM
The current CBA expires in March of 2011.
There will still be a draft, even if there is no CBA.

Why would somebody like Luck declare amongst all of the uncertainty?

As others have said, to avoid a rookie salary cap in '12, a career-threatening injury in college, the likelihood that an agreement is reached for at least part, if not all, of the '12 season.

Makes less sense to stay in college for one more season right now than it ever has in the past for anybody expecting to be taken in the first round.If a player is drafted after the CBA is up (this upcoming draft), the teams wont sign them until the new CBA is in place... which will likely include a rookie cap. That means the days of big contracts to rookies are already over... 2011 vs. 2012 makes no difference.

Everything else I agree with.

ddaryl
10-03-2010, 11:31 AM
We don't go too far overboard on here, do we?

maybe a weeeeeee bit.... :whoosh:

NOT THE DUDE...
10-03-2010, 11:52 AM
what if the qbs say i dont want to play in buffalo....????

ddaryl
10-03-2010, 12:12 PM
what if the qbs say i dont want to play in buffalo....????

trade them for a boatload of picks liek SD did for Manning