• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Kelsay

I've never seen a player spend so much time in the backfield WITHOUT making any difference in the play whatsoever.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear the Jets are just letting him through because they know he can't make an open field tackle or chase a screen down from behind.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • RoscoeMagic
    • Aug 2008

Re: Kelsay

I'm numb to it by now

4 more years
    Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
      I'm numb to it by now

4 more years
      i'm telling u it's more of a 2 year contract

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
        I've never seen a player spend so much time in the backfield WITHOUT making any difference in the play whatsoever.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear the Jets are just letting him through because they know he can't make an open field tackle or chase a screen down from behind.
        Is there a cooling off period for NFL contracts?

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Are you questioning the great Buddy Nix? If he thinks Kelsay is worth a new contract he must be.

Comment

• topher180
            • Sep 2008

Yeah, right there with you. He was in position to make a play a few times today, and the overpursuit/bad angles are something that you usually see with someone new to the position...it's just not often you see it in the FREAKING NFL!!!! Not to mention, he's not athletic enough to make the play anyways, unless he runs right into someone at the LOS. Yeah, it's pretty freaking awful.

in·ept
            Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Novacane
              Are you questioning the great Buddy Nix? If he thinks Kelsay is worth a new contract he must be.
              No...I will question you though. Do you really think, after the **** show that CK has been at OLB, that Buddy Nix is the one that instigated, and followed through with an extension???

Really?

You think they took a veteran, who had always under-achieved, despite his high-motor, and switched his position...then watched him struggle to make an adjustment that a lot of much better players haven't been able to make...watched the team sink to 0-3 with horrible defense in the last 2 games, and decide that RIGHT NOW, was the time to extend Kelsay?

His job is to evaluate the team...I can almost assure that Nix isn't extending anybody on his own accord in his first year, before week 4, while being 0-3. Especially Kelsay.

Kelsay's signing is nothing more than RCW showing loyalty...albeit displaced, but his salary isn't going to hurt this team.

Comment

• Prov401
                President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                • Aug 2008

I seriously want some reporter to grow some balls and straight up ask Nix/Gailey what the hell are they thinking signing Kelsey to the 4 year 24mil contract.

This team is rediculous. This guy is making more money than pro-bowlers. It's absolutely unexplainable.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                  • Dec 2002

The first series he looked absolutely lost. He didn't even know where to position himself on the field. How is this guy getting any type of million dollar extension and why?

Comment

• Cleve
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by ChristopherWalken
                    How is this guy getting any type of million dollar extension and why?
                    Kelsay's extension is even more bizarre and inexplicable than the Dick Jauron extension.

At least Jauron's team had won a few games back to back, AND there are significantly fewer head coach candidates on the open market than D.E.'s. Even then, I thought Jauron's extension was a clear demonstration of Ralph Wilson's growing inability to think clearly and cogently.

In Kelsay's case, the man hasn't even demonstrated yet that he can effectively switch to a 3-4 defense. And to make it worse, he wasn't even THAT effective in the previous scheme. Why the burning need to lavish money on him?

Did this extension actually come from Nix or Gailey, or was it yet another addled Ralph Wilson Jr. decision?

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                    per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• billz83
                      • Mar 2010

Kelsay is garbage and from the decade of failure..he has sum serious dirt on wilson and this is y he was resigned there is ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER explanation..im thinkin wilson will be selling the team REALLY soon hopefully in the next year!
                      Last edited by billz83; 10-05-2010, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X