PDA

View Full Version : any positives ?

Mad Max
10-03-2010, 04:01 PM
- David Nelson made a few nice plays. Let's hope they get him involved more.

- Gailey finally made a gutsy call (the 4th down prior to half).

- Poz made it through an entire game without coming up lame.

any more?

Buffalo Thriller
10-03-2010, 04:03 PM
We scored a point. That good for Buffalo standards..

Mr. Pink
10-03-2010, 04:03 PM
We didn't give up 3 100 yard running backs?

Mad Bomber
10-03-2010, 04:06 PM
The throwbacks looked good.

Novacane
10-03-2010, 04:08 PM
I watched from home instead of spending $$ to sit in a rainy cold stadium freezing my ass off.

RoscoeMagic
10-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Chris Kelsay confirmed our feelings about his extension.

DynaPaul
10-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I got a nice nap in during the 2nd half.

shelby
10-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Darryl Talley is raving about Kyle Williams on twitter.

95. The only boy playing worth a f**k.
(http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
95 needs a supporting cast. Draft around him next year.

Synopsis: 95s the only 1 on D playin with a motor. Otherwise they don't have the personnel 2 play that defense & gotta draft 4 em.

http://twitter.com/DarrylTalley

Buddo
10-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Gailey being honest at the PC - 'today we were a bad football team'.

I think he wants a scythe, for the heads he wants to roll tbh.

RoscoeMagic
10-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Darryl Talley is raving about Kyle Williams on twitter.

http://twitter.com/DarrylTalley

Nice 2nd round pick with Troup :ill:

Mad Max
10-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Nice 2nd round pick with Troup :ill:

We got a guy way too fat for his position a few years back in Mike Williams, now we get a guy that's probably way too skinny for his position in Troup.

wozrob11
10-03-2010, 04:29 PM
jake locker looked good

YardRat
10-03-2010, 04:53 PM
David Nelson is going to be a player.

I actually witnessed the POS fill a hole, and stand up a RB. Once. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile, I guess.

kingJofNYC
10-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Honestly, I thought Fitz played a pretty decent game all things considered. He looked like he was the only guy on offense playing his butt off regardless of the score.

OpIv37
10-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Fitz was by far the best player in blue and red today.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-03-2010, 05:13 PM
The Sabres' regular season starts this Friday.

Dujek
10-03-2010, 05:15 PM
There are now only 12 games left.

Historian
10-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I'll get good consolation sex from the Mrs tonight....

Dujek
10-03-2010, 05:19 PM

I'll take things we don't need to know for $100 please Alex.

X-Era
10-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Bell had another good game. Steve Johnson made a few nice plays. David Nelson looked like a guy that could really help us.

Mad Max
10-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Bell had another good game. Steve Johnson made a few nice plays. David Nelson looked like a guy that could really help us.

My internet feed was sketchy (and small).

Did Bell need chips or did he handle it mostly by himself?

X-Era
10-03-2010, 06:19 PM
My internet feed was sketchy (and small).

Did Bell need chips or did he handle it mostly by himself?On the plays I watched, he handled his man. The Jets sent overload pressure which left guys unblocked. Spiller blew one block and it looked like Fitz fumbled it as he was hit, then the replay showed it came out before he got touched.

But yeah, Bell did fine, LT is not our need, its the RT spot. Urbik played today as well. He got knocked over on one play.

topher180
10-03-2010, 06:21 PM
David Nelson is going to be a player.

I actually witnessed the POS fill a hole, and stand up a RB. Once. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile, I guess.

He had some nice grabs, and I look forward to watching more out of him, but let's not do what we ALWAYS do and overreact. He has, to date, 7 NFL catches.

Beebe's Kid
10-03-2010, 06:21 PM
On the plays I watched, he handled his man. The Jets sent overload pressure which left guys unblocked. Spiller blew one block and it looked like Fitz fumbled it as he was hit, then the replay showed it came out before he got touched.

But yeah, Bell did fine, LT is not our need, its the RT spot. Urbik played today as well. He got knocked over on one play.
Funny how LT took care of itself...kind of, and now RT is a cluster ****.

Why in the hell was Spiller in there as a 3rd down blocking back?

Why did we run the ball 9 times....

Oh...Evans is looking expendable. I would rather use the $$ somewhere else. I am really sad to say that, but this team doesn't need a quiet, go about your business, veteran that is starting to look disinterested. I still love you, Lee, and I don't say this because I don't. It will be better for both of us, you'll see.

madness
10-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Defense showed improvement... Last week Patriots had 445 yds, 38 points. Today, Jets had 444 yds, 38 points.

Ickybaluky
10-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Honestly, I thought Fitz played a pretty decent game all things considered. He looked like he was the only guy on offense playing his butt off regardless of the score.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. He stood out for his effort given how dead-ass the rest of the team looked (he got very little help from his teammates). Fitzpatrick's big detriment is his lack of accuracy, but he squeezes as much as he can out of most plays. If he were more talented, he would be a good QB. He has good command, is smart and knows how to play. I think, in general, QBs are accurate or not, but if Fitz can improve his accuracy some he can be a serviceable starter. I never thought that before.

Also, the Bills drafted Spiller #9, but it apparent why he doesn't play in the backfield more. Like a lot of star runners in college, he is lost in blitz pickup. He should be drilling on that constantly, because he would be a big weapon out of the backfield on 3rd downs. However, you can't play him there if he is going to miss a pickup and get his QB killed. They are smart getting him some reps on the outside as a WR, but what they really need him in the backfield on 3rd downs because he is such a weapon on draws, screens and dump-offs.

YardRat
10-03-2010, 07:12 PM
He had some nice grabs, and I look forward to watching more out of him, but let's not do what we ALWAYS do and overreact. He has, to date, 7 NFL catches.

Granted, but considering I don't usually hop on somebody's bandwagon this early, I'm allowed.

Novacane
10-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Defense showed improvement... Last week Patriots had 445 yds, 38 points. Today, Jets had 444 yds, 38 points.

:roflmao: Thanks for pointing that out. That makes me feel a lot better!

YardRat
10-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I agree with this wholeheartedly. He stood out for his effort given how dead-ass the rest of the team looked (he got very little help from his teammates). Fitzpatrick's big detriment is his lack of accuracy, but he squeezes as much as he can out of most plays. If he were more talented, he would be a good QB. He has good command, is smart and knows how to play. I think, in general, QBs are accurate or not, but if Fitz can improve his accuracy some he can be a serviceable starter. I never thought that before.

Also, the Bills drafted Spiller #9, but it apparent why he doesn't play in the backfield more. Like a lot of star runners in college, he is lost in blitz pickup. He should be drilling on that constantly, because he would be a big weapon out of the backfield on 3rd downs. However, you can't play him there if he is going to miss a pickup and get his QB killed. They are smart getting him some reps on the outside as a WR, but what they really need him in the backfield on 3rd downs because he is such a weapon on draws, screens and dump-offs.

It isn't unusual for first-year RB's to adjust to blitzing in the NFL. Either he'll get it or he won't, but you'll only find out if he plays.

Lexwhat
10-03-2010, 07:15 PM
But yeah, Bell did fine, LT is not our need, its the RT spot.

Disagree completely on Bell. Just because a guy doesn't get completely "owned," does NOT mean that he's actually a good player.

The Offensive Line is pathetic.

Ickybaluky
10-03-2010, 07:20 PM
It isn't unusual for first-year RB's to adjust to blitzing in the NFL. Either he'll get it or he won't, but you'll only find out if he plays.

I agree, that is what I am saying. He is struggling with it as most guys coming out of college do. He needs to work on it, but it will get better.

My point is, the Bills need him in the backfield. I know they are getting him some reps outside as as receiver, and that is good, but they will be a better passing team when he can line up at RB, because he is such a rare threat there. People are wondering why he hasn't been getting more time at RB, but I think it is clear the reason is he needs to improve picking up blitzes.

X-Era
10-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Disagree completely on Bell. Just because a guy doesn't get completely "owned," does NOT mean that he's actually a good player.

The Offensive Line is pathetic.Play by play man. Go through it and point out the plays. I feel Bell gets blamed for a lot that he doesn't do. If theres bad plays that I missed, point them out. Because what I saw was mostly unblocked guys due to overloaded blitzes... thats scheme, not Bell.

adamprez
10-03-2010, 07:26 PM
andrew luck is that much closer to being a Bill

dannyek71
10-03-2010, 07:44 PM
I didn't step into oncoming traffic after the game

dannyek71
10-03-2010, 07:46 PM

Is it consolation sex because your wife will need to be consoled afterwards?

buffalobillsfan95
10-03-2010, 07:58 PM
12-4 here we come :D

better days
10-03-2010, 08:02 PM
I'll take things we don't need to know for $100 please Alex.

Well, if he is going to share that, then I want details.

dannyek71
10-03-2010, 08:03 PM
The Jets got to see NY state

kingJofNYC
10-03-2010, 09:46 PM

One thing I noticed, after the game got out of hand, was Gailey using Spiller exclusively in blitz protection. Chan treated the situation as a learning tool, it was good to see. You can't learn by sitting on the bench. We were in full on pass mode, Jets full on pass rush mode, what better way to learn.

TigerJ
10-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Fitz was by far the best player in blue and red today.

I agree and I still think he can be considered only a short term band aid for the QB position. How sad is it when your short term band aid is the best player on the field.