PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Wilson, Chan Gailey, the Players, and now the fans are absolutely lifeless...

Prov401
10-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Alright, I'm really saying this. Jauron is a better coach than Gailey. Gailey has the same team to work with, with a few more contributors (Spiller (special teams mostly), D. Edwards, Troupe) and a relatively heathier roster than in years past, and we look like the worst team in the NFL. THE worst. At least we were a possible upset when teams played us during the Jauron era. At least before we played, we always had debates on this forum on whether or not we would win the next game. This year, there is no debate, no conversation, no hope, no inspiration, no desire, no passion, no integrity, no intensity, no life in this team, or in the fans. We are at the lowest point since the glory days. We get rid of a bum in Jauron, and found some possible way to hire a bigger scrub in Gailey. I didn't think it was possible, but it happened.

I think Perry Fewell would have done 10 times better with this team. I recognize we are nowhere near being a contender. Nevermind contending for a championship, our team is nowhere near competeing in a game. And you know what? We won't be for at least 2-3 more years.

We need a QB, a NUMBER 1 Receiver, a TE, 2 O-lineman, 2 DE's, 4 LBs, and I know I'm in the minority on the SS issue, but just to please the Whitner haters, I'll say we need a SS for the sake of it. Most of all, we need to spend money in Free agency. We need to not strike out with our top 3 pick this year. We need to forget about these skill positions in CB's and RB's, and focus on drafting big, talented, focused, strong, physical, and smart lineman and LB's. Watching our LB's play is heartbreaking. We get tossed around like a bunch of pussies. We can't get a sniff on the QB, and create this cute powder puff pocket for them to sit down and, eat a burger, read a book, and still pull off some type of miracle pass.

Until Ralph Wilson is no longer the owner of the Buffalo Bills, this team will never be a contender.

Historian
10-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Could be worse....they could put Brandon back in charge!

Bravo82
10-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Is the Jacksonville game next week sold out yet?

I hope the game blacks out and Trent gets the start and puts up 300 yards and 3 TD's.

Let the hilarity ensue.

Bling
10-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Chan Gailey isn't even a mediocre coach?

http://bikevinyl.com/images/uploads/shocker-2.jpg

ParanoidAndroid
10-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Jauron had a team with little talent in the same shemes for 4 years. Chan has a team with little talent playing positions and schemes they never have before. I don't think Gailey is worse than Jauron, but it does remain to be seen that he is any better.

Mad Max
10-03-2010, 05:31 PM

I hope the game blacks out and Trent gets the start and puts up 300 yards and 3 TD's.

Let the hilarity ensue.

There would be rioting in the streets of Buffalo were that to occur. Of course if Trent Edwards were to throw 3 TD's the apocalypse would be nigh so there'd be bigger things to worry about.

Extremebillsfan247
10-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Could be worse....they could put Brandon back in charge!Noooooooooo.... lol

Extremebillsfan247
10-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Jauron had a team with little talent in the same shemes for 4 years. Chan has a team with little talent playing positions and schemes they never have before. I don't think Gailey is worse than Jauron, but it does remain to be seen that he is any better. Gailey may not be much better, but I think everyone knows that a coaching change was necessary. Jauron could never do better than 7-9 and he had 4 years to get it right. Chan has had 4 games with a bunch of players who care more about manicures and pedicures than winning football games, and this entire fanbase has already given up on him. I've said this before and I will say it again, sometimes things have to get worse before they can start to get better, and I believe they will get better. It might not happen right away, but if we can give Jauron 4 years, I'm willing to give Gailey that too. JMO

Beebe's Kid
10-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Gailey may not be much better, but I think everyone knows that a coaching change was necessary. Jauron could never do better than 7-9 and he had 4 years to get it right. Chan has had 4 games with a bunch of players who care more about manicures and pedicures than winning football games, and this entire fanbase has already given up on him. I've said this before and I will say it again, sometimes things have to get worse before they can start to get better, and I believe they will get better. It might not happen right away, but if we can give Jauron 4 years, I'm willing to give Gailey that too. JMO

Ahh yes...the good old days!!

I am kidding. Gailey will end up being far better than Jauron.

Although it is not at all rushing to judgment to call for his head after week 4. This type of thing happens all of the time.

Does it suck? Yep. Could it be worse? That's debatable.

I guess it could get worse...we could change our colors to teal and orange, and go post on other teams message boards, but regardless...if we're not at the bottom, we have to be close, right? So either way, it isn't long until the only way to go is up...right?

X-Era
10-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Gailey was far from lifeless at todays presser. I hope he fires this team up.

Extremebillsfan247
10-03-2010, 06:37 PM
We need a Moses moment, Ralph let our people go. lol

IAG
10-03-2010, 06:44 PM
You all laughed at me that miss the Donahoe days. At least we were not this bad.

Historian
10-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Id take 7-9 right now...

T-Long
10-03-2010, 06:48 PM
blaming this on Gailey is flat out ridiculous. It's the TALENT on this team, not Gailey himself. And to say Jauron was a better coach....wow. No words.

Prov401
10-03-2010, 06:50 PM
You all laughed at me that miss the Donahoe days. At least we were not this bad.

Donahoe got us into a cap mess, but he knew how to make a season exciting. Trades, trade ups, big FA names,... 2002-03 was the last couple of fun years this team has had.

ChristopherWalken
10-03-2010, 06:53 PM
I actually like Gailey's play calling. I think it is conducive to the level of talent on this team. With that being said, the execution is horrendous. Horrible pass coverage, dropped passes, receivers not shedding their routes, RBs not picking up the blitz. And then it absolutely doesn't help that the defense plays worse than most high school teams I have seen. The defense is atrocious.

Prov401
10-03-2010, 06:54 PM
blaming this on Gailey is flat out ridiculous. It's the TALENT on this team, not Gailey himself. And to say Jauron was a better coach....wow. No words.

Jauron and Gailey both suck.

Jauron sucks a little less. At least he has gotten us to a respectable record year in year out. Was change needed? Absolutely. But we chose another bum. Our cheapskate owner did it againt. And Gailey has the same 'TALENT' that Jauron had, and even a HEALTHIER team with a few NEW additions in Spiller, D. Edwards, and Troupe. And we still can't get anything going.

Under Jauron and his staff, we consistantly drafted outside the top 10, or just under it. Gailey and his staff are going to lead us to a top 3 pick.

Those are my words...

Novacane
10-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Nix is the one who did not bring in any significant player upgrades this offseason. He deserves to be ripped more than Gailey.

Novacane
10-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Jauron and Gailey both suck.

:posrep: Nobody wanted to work for this joke of a franchise. We're gonna keep getting crap coach's as long as Ralph is around.

ChristopherWalken
10-03-2010, 07:03 PM
I would take Gregg Williams back in a flabby man-boob heart beat. The offense was mediocre, but we had a top 5 ranked defense that would get physical and smash you in the mouth.

SquishDaFish
10-03-2010, 07:15 PM

I agree. Saying Dickey is better is the dumbest **** ever spoken on this board.

Demon
10-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Gailey was far from lifeless at todays presser. I hope he fires this team up.

The big talk would have been nice BEFORE the game.

I will say this about the Jauron vs. Gailey argument here. I don't know which of these two clowns is better. I hate them both and i think they both are idiots. However, the players seemed to care to play under Jauron. They seen disinterested and without any desire under Gailey.

Demon
10-03-2010, 07:16 PM

Let the hilarity ensue.

No, and it won't be. Today may have been the last home game on TV.

Cleve
10-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Noooooooooo.... lol

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

Novacane
10-03-2010, 07:24 PM
No, and it won't be. Today may have been the last home game on TV.

Pittsburgh is sold out thanks to Steeler fans

X-Era
10-03-2010, 07:28 PM
The big talk would have been nice BEFORE the game.

I will say this about the Jauron vs. Gailey argument here. I don't know which of these two clowns is better. I hate them both and i think they both are idiots. However, the players seemed to care to play under Jauron. They seen disinterested and without any desire under Gailey.

Well, I kind of hope thats true because Gailey is going to painfully remind them who is in charge and what they need to do to earn their pay checks. I believe that. Jauron would have used nice words and read them bedtime stories.

Prov401
10-03-2010, 08:28 PM
:posrep: Nobody wanted to work for this joke of a franchise. We're gonna keep getting crap coach's as long as Ralph is around.

Fewell would of been a better choice than Chan IMO.

Prov401
10-03-2010, 08:29 PM
I agree. Saying Dickey is better is the dumbest **** ever spoken on this board.

lol. Talk to me when Gailey gets a win.

Mr. Pink
10-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Dick Jauron is a better coach than Chan Gailey.

Perry Fewell is a better DC than George Edwards.

As boring as some of the Jauron Era games were, this team was at least competitive in basically all of them and we weren't giving up 30+ every game.

Demon
10-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Dick Jauron is a better coach than Chan Gailey.

Perry Fewell is a better DC than George Edwards.

As boring as some of the Jauron Era games were, this team was at least competitive in basically all of them and we weren't giving up 30+ every game.

Too hard to compare Gailey and Jauron thus far, but, George Edwards is a nightmare to watch. The guy seems clueless.

ServoBillieves
10-03-2010, 09:49 PM
I went to the only game I'll be able to see this year today.

I loved the tailgate, I lost my voice screaming, and the idiots around me just sat there and stared. Hell, the guys in front of me left after the first quarter, offering money for people who wanted the season tickets. In hindsight (hindsight being 20/20) they saved themselves from a terrible game, but I can't believe I got my hopes up last February to see THIS display put on the field.

It really, truly is sad to see the team that I've devoted a good portion of my life to do this absolutely terrible. They truly are the worst team in the NFL.

ServoBillieves
10-03-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't care if it's been said before or not. 0 sacks, 0 turnovers, and 0 3rd down completions. Also, 0 "exciting" plays.

trapezeus
10-03-2010, 10:03 PM
You realize that Jauron took the bullet for players. As a result players tried harder for him. If gailey is yelling and calling everyone out, the players will try less than they currently are. This season will get worse. In some ways, I'll give gaily the full year because he seems he'll bent on cutting more fat. However he told someone that Kelsay should stay for four years, so I have no faith in him whatsoever.

billz83
10-04-2010, 01:14 AM
the team is this bad because of the jauron era..nix and gailey so far havent done ****..nix did ignore a lot of the problems with this team and gailey seems to be getting out coached..then again there is NO TALENT here besides a few players and u can thank the jauron era for being the worst team in the NFL!!

kingJofNYC
10-04-2010, 01:32 AM
The previous staff were content with using Ellison as an every down LB.

The previous staff felt Ngata couldn't play in a Cover 2, so we drafted a safety with a top 10 pick. Apparently you don't need to stop the run while playing a cover 2, and Ngata couldn't penetrate...lol.

The previous coaching staff wanted a slashing/penetrating DT, so they went and got one with John McCargo.

Remember Larry Tripplett.

And on and on and on. Roster is ****, because we kept drafting high motor/effort players, instead of guys who got their nose dirty. We're softer than ice cream.