Ralph Wilson, Chan Gailey, the Players, and now the fans are absolutely lifeless...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

Ralph Wilson, Chan Gailey, the Players, and now the fans are absolutely lifeless...

Alright, I'm really saying this. Jauron is a better coach than Gailey. Gailey has the same team to work with, with a few more contributors (Spiller (special teams mostly), D. Edwards, Troupe) and a relatively heathier roster than in years past, and we look like the worst team in the NFL. THE worst. At least we were a possible upset when teams played us during the Jauron era. At least before we played, we always had debates on this forum on whether or not we would win the next game. This year, there is no debate, no conversation, no hope, no inspiration, no desire, no passion, no integrity, no intensity, no life in this team, or in the fans. We are at the lowest point since the glory days. We get rid of a bum in Jauron, and found some possible way to hire a bigger scrub in Gailey. I didn't think it was possible, but it happened.

I think Perry Fewell would have done 10 times better with this team. I recognize we are nowhere near being a contender. Nevermind contending for a championship, our team is nowhere near competeing in a game. And you know what? We won't be for at least 2-3 more years.

We need a QB, a NUMBER 1 Receiver, a TE, 2 O-lineman, 2 DE's, 4 LBs, and I know I'm in the minority on the SS issue, but just to please the Whitner haters, I'll say we need a SS for the sake of it. Most of all, we need to spend money in Free agency. We need to not strike out with our top 3 pick this year. We need to forget about these skill positions in CB's and RB's, and focus on drafting big, talented, focused, strong, physical, and smart lineman and LB's. Watching our LB's play is heartbreaking. We get tossed around like a bunch of pussies. We can't get a sniff on the QB, and create this cute powder puff pocket for them to sit down and, eat a burger, read a book, and still pull off some type of miracle pass.

Until Ralph Wilson is no longer the owner of the Buffalo Bills, this team will never be a contender.
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Ralph Wilson, Chan Gailey, the Players, and now the fans are absolutely lifeless...

Could be worse....they could put Brandon back in charge!

Comment

• Bravo82
      • Aug 2008

Re: Ralph Wilson, Chan Gailey, the Players, and now the fans are absolutely lifeless...

Is the Jacksonville game next week sold out yet?

I hope the game blacks out and Trent gets the start and puts up 300 yards and 3 TD's.

Let the hilarity ensue.

Comment

• Bling
        • Jul 2004

Chan Gailey isn't even a mediocre coach?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

Jauron had a team with little talent in the same shemes for 4 years. Chan has a team with little talent playing positions and schemes they never have before. I don't think Gailey is worse than Jauron, but it does remain to be seen that he is any better.

Comment

• Mad Max
            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bravo82
            Is the Jacksonville game next week sold out yet?

I hope the game blacks out and Trent gets the start and puts up 300 yards and 3 TD's.

Let the hilarity ensue.
            There would be rioting in the streets of Buffalo were that to occur. Of course if Trent Edwards were to throw 3 TD's the apocalypse would be nigh so there'd be bigger things to worry about.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Historian
              Could be worse....they could put Brandon back in charge!
              Noooooooooo.... lol

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by andyxc71
                Jauron had a team with little talent in the same shemes for 4 years. Chan has a team with little talent playing positions and schemes they never have before. I don't think Gailey is worse than Jauron, but it does remain to be seen that he is any better.
                Gailey may not be much better, but I think everyone knows that a coaching change was necessary. Jauron could never do better than 7-9 and he had 4 years to get it right. Chan has had 4 games with a bunch of players who care more about manicures and pedicures than winning football games, and this entire fanbase has already given up on him. I've said this before and I will say it again, sometimes things have to get worse before they can start to get better, and I believe they will get better. It might not happen right away, but if we can give Jauron 4 years, I'm willing to give Gailey that too. JMO

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                  Gailey may not be much better, but I think everyone knows that a coaching change was necessary. Jauron could never do better than 7-9 and he had 4 years to get it right. Chan has had 4 games with a bunch of players who care more about manicures and pedicures than winning football games, and this entire fanbase has already given up on him. I've said this before and I will say it again, sometimes things have to get worse before they can start to get better, and I believe they will get better. It might not happen right away, but if we can give Jauron 4 years, I'm willing to give Gailey that too. JMO
                  Ahh yes...the good old days!!

I am kidding. Gailey will end up being far better than Jauron.

Although it is not at all rushing to judgment to call for his head after week 4. This type of thing happens all of the time.

Does it suck? Yep. Could it be worse? That's debatable.

I guess it could get worse...we could change our colors to teal and orange, and go post on other teams message boards, but regardless...if we're not at the bottom, we have to be close, right? So either way, it isn't long until the only way to go is up...right?

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Gailey was far from lifeless at todays presser. I hope he fires this team up.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                      • Sep 2008

We need a Moses moment, Ralph let our people go. lol

Comment

• IAG
                        • Jan 2005

You all laughed at me that miss the Donahoe days. At least we were not this bad.

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

Id take 7-9 right now...

Comment

• T-Long
                            Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                            • Sep 2003

blaming this on Gailey is flat out ridiculous. It's the TALENT on this team, not Gailey himself. And to say Jauron was a better coach....wow. No words.

Comment

• Prov401
                              President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by IAG
                              You all laughed at me that miss the Donahoe days. At least we were not this bad.
                              Donahoe got us into a cap mess, but he knew how to make a season exciting. Trades, trade ups, big FA names,... 2002-03 was the last couple of fun years this team has had.

Comment

Working...
                              X