PDA

View Full Version : I think changes are coming

X-Era
10-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Gailey seemed to elude to it.

Tim Graham is now eluding to it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/19323/bills-admittedly-disgraceful-in-loss-to-jets

Take your guesses.

I will start: Lynch is gone this week to GB for a pick or Hawk.

Novacane
10-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Start Brohm next week.

X-Era
10-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Start Brohm next week.Shhh, you will get people riled up. Some think fitz had a good game. To me, he simply payed with some passion. Thats great, but I need way more than that. Gailey cant watch him on tape and say to himself, "thats all we need". That said, It wont be this week, it willbe when we are mathematically out of it.

SquishDaFish
10-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I want to see Brohm also but Fitz acc showed heart out there.

ChristopherWalken
10-03-2010, 07:14 PM
I love that article. I love it that the players and the coaches are mad. Cut these ****ing players like Kelsay and Whitner, that are over matched and talentless.

I would rather see scabs from the street playing their hearts out then this dismal team making half assed efforts, then crying about to the press.

Do something about it Whitner. Shut your ****ing mouth and play!

Evans, seriously, two dropped passes? You should be ashamed to call yourself a number one receiver.

And the lineman on both sides of the ball could swap positions and no one would notice the difference.

Shake it up Gailey. Shake up your coaching staff, the roster and the revive the heart of this team.

Novacane
10-03-2010, 07:15 PM
I agree Fitz showed heart today. I'm not down on him. He is what he is. I'd just like to see Brohm

Johnny Bugmenot
10-03-2010, 07:15 PM
I hope they don't start Brohm this soon. It'll destroy him. He needs a better team around him.

dannyek71
10-03-2010, 07:16 PM
No changes are coming. We are in for more of the same crap. Anyone who even watched 1 game last year knew the issues we had. Nix/Gailey did nothing to address them all offseason/draft. Maybe they'll bench a guy or two to make us all Billieve, but nothing substantial.

They are all finally figuring out what we all already knew.

Novacane
10-03-2010, 07:17 PM
I love that article. I love it that the players and the coaches are mad. Cut these ****ing players like Kelsay and Whitner, that are over matched and talentless.

Cut Kelsay? Are you crazy? You must not have gotten the memo last week. All us fans were wrong about him.

dannyek71
10-03-2010, 07:17 PM

Evans, seriously, two dropped passes? You should be ashamed to call yourself a number one receiver.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Novacane
10-03-2010, 07:18 PM
I hope they don't start Brohm this soon. It'll destroy him. He needs a better team around him.

IF they wait till there is a better team around him he won't be starting for 3 years.

Extremebillsfan247
10-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Shhh, you will get people riled up. Some think fitz had a good game. To me, he simply payed with some passion. Thats great, but I need way more than that. Gailey cant watch him on tape and say to himself, "thats all we need". That said, It wont be this week, it willbe when we are mathematically out of it. Well at least someone on this team played with passion.

X-Era
10-03-2010, 07:21 PM
No changes are coming. We are in for more of the same crap. Anyone who even watched 1 game last year knew the issues we had. Nix/Gailey did nothing to address them all offseason/draft. Maybe they'll bench a guy or two to make us all Billieve, but nothing substantial.

They are all finally figuring out what we all already knew.

I dont know Danny, CB just said "completely reassess the whole operation" on his Round up... I know he's just a puppet, but that means someones voice had him thinking this way.

Commissioner
10-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Shhh, you will get people riled up. Some think fitz had a good game. To me, he simply payed with some passion. Thats great, but I need way more than that. Gailey cant watch him on tape and say to himself, "thats all we need". That said, It wont be this week, it willbe when we are mathematically out of it.

I disagree.... i think the front office and coaches no we are already "out of it".... and will start Brohm in the next week or two.

They know what Fitz can do.... he's not going to get any better. He might be a successful QB with a very good roster around him... but the Bills know we don't have that.

dannyek71
10-03-2010, 07:25 PM
I dont know Danny, CB just said "completely reassess the whole operation" on his Round up... I know he's just a puppet, but that means someones voice had him thinking this way.

Chan- "Wow I knew we were bad, but we really suck. Maybe I SHOULD have done something about the OL in the offseason like everyone said. It's too bad I couldn't find that out. I cannot figure out how to work that talkin picture machine to watch old games. Good to know now."

X-Era
10-03-2010, 07:25 PM
I disagree.... i think the front office and coaches no we are already "out of it".... and will start Brohm in the next week or two.

They know what Fitz can do.... he's not going to get any better. He might be a successful QB with a very good roster around him... but the Bills know we don't have that.

I hope your right.

Mad Max
10-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Brohm is going to get a chance. Gailey almost put him in today (he said so at the end of his presser).

I wouldn't be surprised if a head or two got chopped this week. Gailey was this >.< near apopletic.

YardRat
10-03-2010, 07:28 PM

Pretty sure he's paraphrasing Gailey's post-game presser.

X-Era
10-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Pretty sure he's paraphrasing Gailey's post-game presser.

I hope not.

Id like an upgrade to George Edwards for one, and to add a young offensive mind that Gailey can scream at.

Prov401
10-03-2010, 07:31 PM

I would rather see scabs from the street playing their hearts out then this dismal team making half assed efforts, then crying about to the press.

And the lineman on both sides of the ball could swap positions and no one would notice the difference.

Shake it up Gailey. Shake up your coaching staff, the roster and the revive the heart of this team.

Seriously shut up.

Whitner is one of the most passionate players on this team. He was picked where he was picked, and that's on the front office. But this knocking him, week after week, because of him voicing his own opinions, and sharing information and thoughts with fans on his own personal twitter account is becoming f'n rediculous. The guy led our team with 13 tackles today, and dished out a few heavy hits the last couple of weeks. He's a sure tackler and doesn't pussy away from contact.

Where are all the Byrd fans? WTF has he done this year? Why does he get a pass? Because he simply doesn't have a twitter, or was fortunate enough to not be a reach in the draft by our terrible scouts? People need to stop whining about Whitner, and start whining about our owner becing a cheap f***. Nix extending bums like Kelsey. Pos being absolutely mediocre. Evans dropping passes in his numbers and making 9 million dollars a year to do so. Stroud being a BUM.

Is Whitner the end all be all at his position? No. Does he have to basically cover the ENTIRE f'n football field becuase he has ABSOLUTELY NO PASS RUSH, and ABSOLUTELY NO LB'S THAT CAN COVER THE UNDERNEATH? YES. Put Whitner on a team like Baltimore and he shines. The dude is covering people out there for 5-7 seconds while the QB steps up in the pocket and has all day to survey the field. SS has to cover basically everything. And to ask Whitner to go out there and be some superstar athlete on a team who can't even get 3 feet near the QB is just rediculous. I can care less what Whitner says on twitter. It's f'n silly. I watch him play his ass off every week. And that's how I judge players. By what they do on the field. And the dude leads our team in tackles EVERY week. And most of them solo. Start hating Evans, Kelsey, Pos, Fitz, Gailey, and Ralph. These dudes play and coach/own like S***, yet somehow get rewarded with more money, or good press. Silly.

X-Era
10-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Seriously shut up.

Whitner is one of the most passionate players on this team. He was picked where he was picked, and that's on the front office. But this knocking him, week after week, because of him voicing his own opinions, and sharing information and thoughts with fans on his own personal twitter account is becoming f'n rediculous. The guy led our team with 13 tackles today, and dished out a few heavy hits the last couple of weeks. He's a sure tackler and doesn't pussy away from contact.

Where are all the Byrd fans? WTF has he done this year? Why does he get a pass? Because he simply doesn't have a twitter, or was fortunate enough to not be a reach in the draft by our terrible scouts? People need to stop whining about Whitner, and start whining about our owner becing a cheap f***. Nix extending bums like Kelsey. Pos being absolutely mediocre. Evans dropping passes in his numbers and making 9 million dollars a year to do so. Stroud being a BUM.

Is Whitner the end all be all at his position? No. Does he have to basically cover the ENTIRE f'n football field becuase he has ABSOLUTELY NO PASS RUSH, and ABSOLUTELY NO LB'S THAT CAN COVER THE UNDERNEATH? YES. Put Whitner on a team like Baltimore and he shines. The dude is covering people out there for 5-7 seconds while the QB steps up in the pocket and has all day to survey the field. SS has to cover basically everything. And to ask Whitner to go out there and be some superstar athlete on a team who can't even get 3 feet near the QB is just rediculous. I can care less what Whitner says on twitter. It's f'n silly. I watch him play his ass off every week. And that's how I judge players. By what they do on the field. And the dude leads our team in tackles EVERY week. And most of them solo. Start hating Evans, Kelsey, Pos, Fitz, Gailey, and Ralph. These dudes play and coach/own like S***, yet somehow get rewarded with more money, or good press. Silly.

Easy man, were all fans, and were all frustrated.

Tatonka
10-03-2010, 07:33 PM
maybe gailey should cut the offensive coordinator that refuses to use spiller.

ChristopherWalken
10-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Seriously shut up.

Donte?

X-Era
10-03-2010, 07:34 PM
maybe gailey should cut the offensive coordinator that refuses to use spiller.:lol:

Tatonka
10-03-2010, 07:35 PM
all whitner does is talk.. talk is cheap.. he whiffed so bad on LTs second TD that he has been the main highlight for the entire games.. i think i have seen it 20 times now at least.. whitner makes zero difference.. other than being the guy that runs his mouth and does NOTHING on the field.

X-Era
10-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Giants need a punter... Moorman for Osi? :lol:

DynaPaul
10-03-2010, 07:41 PM
It doesn't matter what X and O's you run with little talent. We need to spend the next draft on a QB and all the O and D linemen we can get. This team will never win anything without winning in the trenches. No more flashy picks for WRs, RBs, and TEs we don't need yet.

Mad Max
10-03-2010, 07:42 PM
all whitner does is talk.. talk is cheap.. he whiffed so bad on LTs second TD that he has been the main highlight for the entire games.. i think i have seen it 20 times now at least.. whitner makes zero difference.. other than being the guy that runs his mouth and does NOTHING on the field.

Bingo.

If he would just shut up and do his job, he would go under the radar and be considered an ok player.

His problem is he's constantly writing checks his ass can't cash, and therefore paints the target on himself. If you imply you're good..you better ****ing be good.

McBFLO
10-03-2010, 07:42 PM
LT made Whitner look like a joke. And last week, he held up and didn't lay a hit on the RB BEFORE he scored. If he would've hit him, it could've prevented the TD while it was still somewhat close. Whitner is a bum. Trade his ass for anything we can get.

McBFLO
10-03-2010, 07:44 PM
It doesn't matter what X and O's you run with little talent. We need to spend the next draft on a QB and all the O and D linemen we can get. This team will never win anything without winning in the trenches. No more flashy picks for WRs, RBs, and TEs we don't need yet.
We need LBs bad too if we're gonna keep going with this 3-4.

ChristopherWalken
10-03-2010, 07:44 PM
I don't understand how, at this level of Whitner's game, "fans" can't see how grossly inept Whitner is on the field?

The Jets were on the field for 40 minutes so it doesn't surprise me hat he ended up with 13 tackles on the day. The fact that Whitner is throwing himself onto piles at the end of nearly every play can hardly be considered heroic. He's constantly out of position in the passing game and has a horrendous knack of missing several open field tackles a game.

If he has so much value to some, and he's pulling the wool over the eyes of a certain few, then I pray that we can use him for trade bait for future draft picks or some line help.

X-Era
10-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Heres who Footballs future has as free agents after this year:

DL

Ray Edwards, MIN
Richard Seymour, OAK
Mathias Kiwanuka, NYG<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr> </tbody></table>
Tamba Hali, KC
Marcus Spears, DAL
Shaun Ellis, NYJ

Other Notable Free Agents:
<table align="right" border="0" width="300"><tbody><tr><td>http://content.yieldmanager.com/ak/q.gif</td></tr></tbody></table>
Trevor Pryce, BAL
Chris Kelsay, BUF
Charles Johnson, CAR
Mark Anderson, CHI
Matt Roth, CLE
Jason Hatcher, DAL
Stephen Bowen, DAL
Cliff Avril, DET
Reggie Hayward, JAC
Brian Robison, MIN
Derrick Burgess, NE
Victor Abiamiri, PHI
Ryon Bingham, SD
Jacques Cesaire, SD
Victor Adeyanju, STL
Stylez White, TB
Dave Ball, TEN
Jacob Ford, TEN

Top Defensive Tackles:

Haloti Ngata, BAL
Brandon Mebane, SEA
Aubrayo Franklin, SF
Johnny Jolly, GB
Cullen Jenkins, GB
Pat Williams, MIN

Bryan Robinson, ARI
Gabe Watson, ARI
Alan Branch, ARI
John McCargo, BUF
Nick Hayden, CAR
Tank Tyler, CAR
Robaire Smith, CLE
Ronald Fields, DEN
Eric Foster, IND
Atiyyah Ellison, JAC
Ron Edwards, KC
Paul Soliai, MIA
Fred Evans, MIN
Barry Cofield, NYG
Jay Alford, NYG
Chris Hoke, PIT
Travis Johnson, SD
Ray McDonald, SF
Clifton Ryan, STL

LB
Lamarr Woodley, PIT
David Harris, NYJ
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>David Hawthorne, SEA
Shawne Merriman, SD
Kirk Morrison, JAC
Paul Posluszny, BUF
<table align="right" border="0" width="300"> <tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr> </tbody></table>

Chad Greenway, MIN
Manny Lawson, SF

Stephen Nicholas, ATL
Mike Peterson, ATL
Antwan Barnes, BAL
Tavares Gooden, BAL
Keith Ellison, BUF
Thomas Davis, CAR
Nick Roach, CHI
Pisa Tinoisamoa, CHI
Rashad Jeanty, CIN
Dhani Jones, CIN
Chris Gocong, CLE
D'Qwell Jackson, CLE
Desmond Bishop, GB
Zach Diles, HOU
Clint Session, IND
Justin Durant, JAC
Mike Vrabel, KC
Derrick Johnson, KC
Tim Dobbins, MIA
Ben Leber, MIN
Erin Henderson, MIN
Gary Guyton, NE
Scott Shanle, NO
Clint Ingram, NO
Thomas Howard, OAK
Ricky Brown, OAK
Ernie Sims, PHI
Akeem Jordan, PHI
Stewart Bradley, PHI
Omar Gaither, PHI
Stephen Cooper, SD
Kevin Burnett, SD
Brandon Siler, SD
Takeo Spikes, SF
David Vobora, STL
Angelo Crowell, TB
Quincy Black, TB
Barrett Ruud, TB
David Thornton, TEN
Stephen Tulloch, TEN
Rocky McIntosh, WAS

They are wrong on Poz I think. Guys I wouldnt mind:

Woodley
David Harris
D'Qwell Jackson
Kiwi, Spears, or Ellis

Mr. Pink
10-03-2010, 07:52 PM
D'Qwell is a pretty good player...when he can stay on the field.

He's another guy getting constantly dinged up.

dannyek71
10-03-2010, 07:53 PM
We are OBVIOUSLY signing McCargo to a long term deal (assuming we can afford him)

k-oneputt
10-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Pay Ngata whatever he wants.

Prov401
10-03-2010, 07:55 PM

13 tackles is nothing?

And add Whitner to the other 5000 guys who have been juked by a HOF RB. He was probably exhuasted from covering the WR's for 10 seconds on end, and basically playing LBer as well.

dannyek71
He's a sure tackler and doesn't pussy away from contact..

Must have been an impostor on some whiffs out there (like that td run)

X-Era
We are OBVIOUSLY signing McCargo to a long term deal (assuming we can afford him)Frikkin Danny.... :roflmao:

Mr. Pink

Baltimore probably has the same mindset.

X-Era
10-03-2010, 07:56 PM

Ravens wont let him leave... but you wouldn't hear me complain... I might go into shock though.

dannyek71
10-03-2010, 07:58 PM
13 tackles is nothing?

And add Whitner to the other 5000 guys who have been juked by a HOF RB. He was probably exhuasted from covering the WR's for 10 seconds on end, and basically playing LBer as well.

Are you for real? Kind of like saying "Cornell Green sucks because he so tired from leveling 10 guys on the team every play that then 11th always beats him for a sack"

If this is Donte, go back to your twitter account.

k-oneputt
10-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Baltimore probably has the same mindset.

Well I will help them free up a little more money then, they can trade Evans and his 9 mil. along with Lynch in the next two weeks.

shelby
10-03-2010, 07:59 PM
uuuhhhh....cross Kelsay off that list. :dink:

We are all frustrated. My first thought when i read Whitner's comments was "i wish he'd back up his mouth on the field". i admire his passion but he seems to lack the necessary skills to back it up.

No disrespect intended, just calling em as i sees em.

BILLSROCK1212
10-03-2010, 08:04 PM
at least this team knows they r ****

Mr. Pink
10-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Maybe George Edwards and his inept attempt at a defensive gameplan will be fired.

Prov401
10-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Are you for real? Kind of like saying "Cornell Green sucks because he so tired from leveling 10 guys on the team every play that then 11th always beats him for a sack"

If this is Donte, go back to your twitter account.

No, it's actually not like saying that at all. And btw... it's called sarcasm.

psubills62
10-03-2010, 08:12 PM
X-Era, can you clear out your message box? Thanks.

don137
10-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Problem is there are two types of players on this team. Guys that have talent are complacent and do not care how the team does (Evans, McKelvin, OL) and just enjoy collecting a paycheck or guys that care and just flat out suck (Fitz, Whitner, Kelsay, etc)

X-Era
10-03-2010, 08:29 PM
X-Era, can you clear out your message box? Thanks.done.

jpdex12
10-03-2010, 09:05 PM
that free agent list doesn't matter because we won't sign anyone worth a dead possum's ass scab. I love our team but I hate the idiots that run it and own it. Enough is enough. It's not even exciting anymore. We draft like chit, we sign free agents that aren't worth a chit and they run this team like chit. I'm beyond frustrated like many others. So sick of this garbage. I'm just so sick of this! Don't get excited for anything anymore. Year after year after year it's the same crap. We all know what has to happen before things get better but I'm not wishing that on you know who. It starts from the top. Like they say, chit runs downhill!

At this point, whatever.

BertSquirtgum
10-03-2010, 09:23 PM
paul posluszny sucks as well.

2Smooth
10-03-2010, 09:26 PM
paul posluszny sucks as well.

They dont call him POS for nothin

BertSquirtgum
10-03-2010, 09:54 PM
this team is full of wasted draft picks. it's incredibly depressing.

i think we're better off letting the bills move and trying to start an expansion team with a bunch of players from other teams.

Ebenezer
10-03-2010, 10:21 PM
12 games of open tryouts...that's all we have left. 1985 all over again.

Ebenezer
10-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Problem is there are two types of players on this team. Guys that have talent are complacent and do not care how the team does (Evans, McKelvin, OL) and just enjoy collecting a paycheck or guys that care and just flat out suck (Fitz, Whitner, Kelsay, etc)
Who ever said McKelvin had talent?? After today his name is McToast. And I have to disagree with "OL". We have no clue how good or bad Wood and Levitre are because the Ts are so terrible.

TigerJ
10-03-2010, 10:32 PM
It's a good thing if the coaching staff isn't satisfied with the status quo. The question is how much can they really do to make things better? Who can they put in that is going to play better than the guys who are starting?

unpaid_bills
10-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Giants need a punter... Moorman for Osi? :lol:

Don't trade Morman he is oue ONLY Pro-Bowler.:respect:

Spiderweb
10-04-2010, 01:26 AM
....and that's why Fitz may be the better option at this point. Play him when he's ready....and hopefully give him a bit of pass protection. He's no where near as mobile as Fitz.

For now though, Fitz is the right choice. One can win with him, but right now, the Bills couldn't win with Peyton Manning as QB.

X-Era
10-05-2010, 04:37 PM
I was off on whom Lynch would be traded to, but...

I hate "told ya so" posts. :lol:

Nighthawk
10-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Maybe George Edwards and his inept attempt at a defensive gameplan will be fired.

Oh, how I wish that would happen!

Mad Max
10-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Oh, how I wish that would happen!

Patience seems finally to be in short supply at OBD...so you may get your wish, who knows.