X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

McKelvin

looked like a tird today.. smoked on 2 tds.. he was totally lost..

for all those people who say mcgee is average at best.. he is still the best cb on this team..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: McKelvin

turd

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

you're
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
        !?!?!?!?!?
        • Mar 2006

shut up!! all of u....ur all *****y fans, rightfully so...but be smart with what u say...the mistake against braylon edwards on the TD was one that most CBs would make at least once in their career, the play against keller ill admit he could've done better....but before the TD against Edwards not one pass was completed in his direction

when your run defense is sooo ****ty and all the support is essentially for the run game you end up having to cover your man one on one...edwards had a lot to prove after his DUI and he did well...had mckelvin had more help over the top i guarantee he would have been studly as he looked before the Edwards TD

Comment

• Prov401
          President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
          • Aug 2008

He started the game off pretty good, upending Braylon and breaking up a pass. But man, that pump fake had him looking like a big silly billy.

Don't agree with Mcgee though. He is inconsistant as well. I'd like to get a CB in here that is taller the 5 feet, that would be nice.
          Last edited by Prov401; 10-03-2010, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
            shut up!! all of u....ur all *****y fans, rightfully so...but be smart with what u say...the mistake against braylon edwards on the TD was one that most CBs would make at least once in their career, the play against keller ill admit he could've done better....but before the TD against Edwards not one pass was completed in his direction

when your run defense is sooo ****ty and all the support is essentially for the run game you end up having to cover your man one on one...edwards had a lot to prove after his DUI and he did well...had mckelvin had more help over the top i guarantee he would have been studly as he looked before the Edwards TD
            Sorry but McKelvin got beat on more than just those two plays. The guy literally got abused all day long. And someone drafted as high as McKelvin SHOULD be able to consistently cover one on one. And if he does get beat, it should be underneath and not for a long TD.

McKelvin was absolutely horrendous today.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Sorry but McKelvin got beat on more than just those two plays. The guy literally got abused all day long. And someone drafted as high as McKelvin SHOULD be able to consistently cover one on one. And if he does get beat, it should be underneath and not for a long TD.

Yep, McKelvin single-handedly gave up 100+ yards to two different running backs.

How can any of our CBs look good with this despicable front seven?
              Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
                Yep, McKelvin single-handedly gave up 100+ yards to two different running backs.

Typical response from Bills fans.

Don't hold a player accountable, make excuses for a personal favorite, blame everyone except the guy responsible.

You want one example? The TD pass to Edwards was COMPLETELY on McKelvin. 100% his fault. The guy had a bad game. Just deal with it.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Prov401
                  President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic

I agree to an extent.

I don't get why people are knocking some of our CBs, calling Byrd a one year wonder, etc. Our safeties are basically playing the LB position as well, and always have to scatter around cleaning up what the LB's missed. And the CB's are running around for 5-8 seconds, and I don't care if your Ty Law in his prime, you are going to give up some big plays if your Line or LB's don't help you out.

McKelvin did get burned on a few big plays though, and it didn't have anything to do with the front not getting pressure. But overall this season, our defensive backfield is getting knocked because our front 7 is horrendous.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

McKelvin had that one nice hit on Braylon Edwards which erases away the memory of the fact 2 TD passes were directly on him.

He was also the guy "covering" Keller on the jump ball. I use covering loosely seeing McKelvin made zero effort to get to the ball or stop Keller from catching it.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                      • Aug 2008

Typical response from Bills fans.

Don't hold a player accountable, make excuses for a personal favorite, blame everyone except the guy responsible.

You want one example? The TD pass to Edwards was COMPLETELY on McKelvin. 100% his fault. The guy had a bad game. Just deal with it.
                      A) He's not my favorite. See: User Name.

B) One TD was completely his fault, yep he bit hard on the Sanchez pump fake. Bad game though? Meh I wouldn't say so. He made a lot of nice plays as well, and like I said, it's a lot easier to throw when you're gaining 6-7 yards a pop. Without a pass rush or ability to stop the run from the front 7, then IMO our CBs are on an island and don't have a chance. I don't blame the DBs in this game. How the F can you when LT and Greene pound out over 200 yards on the ground? Have a clue, our LBs are clearly the weak spot. Davis and Stroud out didn't helpl either.
                      Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                        !?!?!?!?!?
                        • Mar 2006

100% disagree...there were plays where ppl thought mckelvin got abused in our thread here when it was really florence...if u ask me florence was the one that rlly screwed us over today if u had to pick one man in the secondary...otherwise overall the run defense made us over compensate in that department and not give support to our CBs

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                          100% disagree...there were plays where ppl thought mckelvin got abused in our thread here when it was really florence...if u ask me florence was the one that rlly screwed us over today if u had to pick one man in the secondary...otherwise overall the run defense made us over compensate in that department and not give support to our CBs
                          Florence had a bad game too, but this is the mentality I hate. Both Florence and McKelvin need to be better. We can't let McKelvin off the hook just because Florence played poorly.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                            !?!?!?!?!?
                            • Mar 2006

Florence had a bad game too, but this is the mentality I hate. Both Florence and McKelvin need to be better. We can't let McKelvin off the hook just because Florence played poorly.
                            not letting him off the hook....just dnt call McKelvin a bust or anything like that...dnt expect him to be Revis, but he's certainly one of the better young CBs in the game...Revis took 2 or 3 years to develop...McKelvin really only has a year under his belt...criticize a play but dnt criticize his game

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

dick jauron is somewhere laughing his ass off.

Comment

Working...
                              X