PDA

View Full Version : Wish we had kept London Fletcher

shelby
10-03-2010, 08:29 PM
He had a lot of haters on the Zone, but i sure do miss him.

:(

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Agreed. Fletcher is the real deal. The guy still leads the Skins year end and year out in tackling. He's a fricken tackling machine...

Mr. Pink
10-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Hey, POS is a poor mans Fletcher...a very poor man.

He makes tackles downfield too! Just doesn't have the heart, desire, talent, leadership, knowledge, presence.

RoscoeMagic
10-03-2010, 08:37 PM
The Mularkey regime had a lot of enemies. Sadly guys like Fat Pat, Big Sam, London etc...just didn't like playing for the guy and Donablow got no value for anyone. :ill:

But man 03-04 we had a great D :ill: This is just sad to watch Moats, Ellison (still!), Coleman, Torbor, Kelsay and those bums can't hold a candle to London

Johnny Bugmenot
10-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Ah, London "200 tackles a year, all 10 yards downfield" Fletcher.... or is it Baker?

OpIv37
10-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Ah, London "200 tackles a year, all 10 yards downfield" Fletcher.... or is it Baker?

I'm gonna eat some crow on this one because I said the same thing about the tackles all being downfield. But I live in DC and I go to Skins games from time to time, so I've seen a LOT of Fletcher since he's left Buffalo.

The guy is still great. He makes plays all over the field. Skins fans love him.

I grossly underrated him and letting him go was a huge mistake.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-03-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm gonna eat some crow on this one because I said the same thing about the tackles all being downfield. But I live in DC and I go to Skins games from time to time, so I've seen a LOT of Fletcher since he's left Buffalo.

The guy is still great. He makes plays all over the field. Skins fans love him.

I grossly underrated him and letting him go was a huge mistake.

Mighty big of you to man up on this one. Again, Fletcher is a tackling machine. He's now even an official pro bowler - long overdue.

Spiderweb
10-04-2010, 01:38 AM
Mighty big of you to man up on this one. Again, Fletcher is a tackling maching. He's now even an official pro bowler - long overdue.

Not to mention he brought intensity to the defense. Didn't see much of that today from our D.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-04-2010, 05:07 AM
Not to mention he brought intensity to the defense. Didn't see much of that today from our D.

Indeed. He leads by example.

Night Train
10-04-2010, 05:11 AM
Despite our chance of going winless this season,that ship had sailed.

London became a drag down tackler after the RB had already gained 6-8 yards. He avoided sticking his grill in the hole at all costs and was easy to block.

I never got caught up in his tackling stats. Good guy but it's just another clear case of the Bills failing to replace him with someone of quality.

Historian
10-04-2010, 06:02 AM
Again....mismanaged talent.

We don't need no stinkin Shanahan!

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Despite our chance of going winless this season,that ship had sailed.

London became a drag down tackler after the RB had already gained 6-8 yards. He avoided sticking his grill in the hole at all costs and was easy to block.

I never got caught up in his tackling stats. Good guy but it's just another clear case of the Bills failing to replace him with someone of quality.

"Avoided sticking his grill in the hole at all costs and was easy to block"?
Wha?? Me thinks you are confusing Fletcher with one of our current LBs. Fletcher consistantly leads the skins in tackles made and he is a run stuffing machine.

The King
10-04-2010, 07:43 AM
I was always a Fletcher fan... I have no idea why some of you couldnt see how solid he was.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-04-2010, 07:50 AM
I was always a Fletcher fan... I have no idea why some of you couldnt see how solid he was.

Agreed.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 08:17 AM

I think maybe he just got lost in the crowd.

Remember, when we was here, our D had Pat Williams, Sam Adams, pre-injury Spikes, Nate Clements, Troy Vincent, Lawyer Milloy, etc.

Michael82
10-04-2010, 10:11 AM
I miss both Fletcher and Spikes.... :(

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Fletcher is also an iron man. He's played in every game for 13 straight years and once again leads skins in tackles thus far in the season.

jimmifli
10-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Big Pat, Winfield, Fletcher...

That's solid talent at all three levels. No need to draft Clements or McLovin.

Jeff1220
10-05-2010, 06:31 AM
I miss both Fletcher and Spikes.... :(

...there's another guy that was awesome (my favorite in his time here) that appeared washed up, and has still managed to land on his feet and mostly return to form in SF.

Jan Reimers
10-05-2010, 07:47 AM
I wish we had kept Jim Kelly. And Thurman Thomas. And Bruce Smith. And. . .

BuffaloBlitz83
10-05-2010, 07:48 AM
...there's another guy that was awesome (my favorite in his time here) that appeared washed up, and has still managed to land on his feet and mostly return to form in SF.

Playing next to Patrick Willis helps...