PDA

View Full Version : I'm not convinced QB is the biggest of this team's worries.

BillsWin
10-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I was in denial. I never knew we were THIS bad, or lacked THIS much talent.

For years I've been saying, "When we get a QB things will turn around."

I now think that we have more fish to fry before a QB becomes our biggest problem. Yes, we need a franchise QB BADLY, but at the moment, I think it may be detrimental to the growth of the team to waste a top pick on a QB who will most likely fail. We might as well stick it out with what we got for another season and build a team before throwing in a top pick.

Not saying Fitz is the answer or Brohm, but wide receivers are dropping balls everywhere, balls that should be caught.

Our running backs are struggling to get anything going behind a putrid offensive line.

Our QBs are running for their lives.

We have absolutely zero pass rush.

Our secondary has regressed.

Our linebacker corps are among the weakest in the NFL.

You pick it, we can upgrade it. Aside from RB.

I'm not convinced that QB needs to be our No. 1 pick in the draft now. With so many holes, if QB isn't the BPA when our pick comes up, we HAVE to go with BPA. Especially if that player is a wide receiver, OLB or OT.

Honestly, knowing that this is going to be a huge task to under take, I would start Brohm next season and build from the trenches and get a legit WR. We also need a starting caliber OLB.

What's the worst that can happen? Brohm sucks ass and we get the No. 1 overall pick the next season? I'm fine with that. Especially if Luck isn't even coming out this year.

This isn't an easy fix folks. We aren't going to turn it all around in a season. We are taking on a Rams/Lions rebuilding effort. Not a Miami Dolphins 1-15 to 11-5 miracle turn around.

Doesn't matter if there is a lock out. But still, it's going to take at least this draft and probably another one. A few seasons of top picks might do us good. Detroit and St. Louis are in the process of getting better.

malo
10-03-2010, 08:32 PM
You are right, but the horrible part is we still need a QB. In terms of looking at this mess, it's not ranking the players from worst to best, it's ranking them from utterly useless to average.

X-Era
10-03-2010, 08:35 PM

I now think that we have more fish to fry before a QB becomes our biggest problem. Yes, we need a franchise QB BADLY, but at the moment, I think it may be detrimental to the growth of the team to waste a top pick on a QB who will most likely fail. We might as well stick it out with what we got for another season and build a team before throwing in a top pick.

Not saying Fitz is the answer or Brohm, but wide receivers are dropping balls everywhere, balls that should be caught.

Our running backs are struggling to get anything going behind a putrid offensive line.

I'm not convinced that QB needs to be our No. 1 pick in the draft now. With so many holes, if QB isn't the BPA when our pick comes up, we HAVE to go with BPA. Especially if that player is a wide receiver, OLB or OT.

Honestly, knowing that this is going to be a huge task to under take, I would start Brohm next season and build from the trenches and get a legit WR. We also need a starting caliber OLB.

What's the worst that can happen? Brohm sucks ass and we get the No. 1 overall pick the next season? I'm fine with that. Especially if Luck isn't even coming out this year.

This isn't an easy fix folks. We aren't going to turn it all around in a season. We are taking on a Rams/Lions rebuilding effort. Not a Miami Dolphins 1-15 to 11-5 miracle turn around.

Doesn't matter if there is a lock out. But still, it's going to take at least this draft and probably another one. A few seasons of top picks might do us good. Detroit and St. Louis are in the process of getting better.
Im seeing a lot of these comments about the OL... The issue isnt whether we need one, its where we are picking. We are likely to be picking top 3. There isnt any OT's worthy of that pick... the best are only mid to late 1st rounders. And I Think we need a RT, not a LT... same for OLB.

I dont want to reach. WR is a possibility with a guy like Green possibly being worthy of that high of a pick, DT, DE, and QB are the most likely scenarios.

Mr. Pink
10-03-2010, 08:36 PM
The biggest need is a legitimate NFL caliber coaching staff and front office.

We had an offseason to try and get one of those...we failed.

billsburgh
10-03-2010, 08:40 PM
The biggest need is a legitimate NFL caliber coaching staff and front office.

We had an offseason to try and get one of those...we failed.
for the third time in the last 10 years

BILLSROCK1212
10-03-2010, 08:41 PM
i say we draft a QB and groom it if we get the top pick or a top 5 pick...then hopefully we get more picks at the deadline this year which we can use to trade back into the first round so we can get an OT

Prov401
10-03-2010, 08:43 PM
We are picking in the top 3 next year. Basically we have 2 first round picks, one being late. One should be used on a QB becuase every elite team has a franchise QB, that's how you get things going in the right direction. The next pick needs to be aimed at getting some big, strong, nasty, fast, and smart DE that rushes the passer. How long has it been since wev'e had a game where the opposing QB ran for his life at least 5-10 times a game? It hurts to watch our guys get zero pressure on the QB every week.

We also NEED to be active in FA and pick up a big name.

I will say this. I love Lynch, but the fact is he is going to walk away at the end of this season. We need to trade him now, and get somebody for him. We need to start building towards next season. IMO our top priorities are in this order: QB, LB, OL, DE, WR, TE.

X-Era
10-03-2010, 08:46 PM
i say we draft a QB and groom it if we get the top pick or a top 5 pick...then hopefully we get more picks at the deadline this year which we can use to trade back into the first round so we can get an OTFor a RT, we might be able to land Carimi in the 2nd, or Sherrod, Reynolds, Hairston later. I dont know that we need a 1st rounder.

X-Era
10-03-2010, 08:48 PM
We are picking in the top 3 next year. Basically we have 2 first round picks, one being late. One should be used on a QB becuase every elite team has a franchise QB, that's how you get things going in the right direction. The next pick needs to be aimed at getting some big, strong, nasty, fast, and smart DE that rushes the passer. How long has it been since wev'e had a game where the opposing QB ran for his life at least 5-10 times a game? It hurts to watch our guys get zero pressure on the QB every week.

I will say this. I love Lynch, but the fact is he is going to walk away at the end of this season. We need to trade him now, and get somebody for him. We need to start building towards next season. IMO our top priorities are in this order: QB, LB, OL, DE, WR, TE.

This is good. Id like to see us add a pass rush OLB, pass rush DE/DT, ILB, and a SS.

I dont know that I want much on the OL besides a RT in say round 2.

TE, I like guys like Kendricks and DJ Williams, probably get either later than round 2.

Buffalo Thriller
10-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Of course we need a 1st round QB, quit you whining. We suck, 1 defensive player isnt gonna do crap for us. Neither will 1 OL guy. QB is are biggest flaw.

Bangarang
10-03-2010, 08:50 PM

Lynch isn't a free agent after this season....

mikemac2001
10-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Lynch isn't a free agent after this season....

people still havent figured this ****ing fact out drives me nuts

lynch is signed for this season and one more folks he aint walking.

topher180
10-03-2010, 08:54 PM
A good QB, that makes plays, fixes a lot of that other ****, most of the time. Look around the league...good teams have legit QBs, more often than not.

baalworship
10-03-2010, 11:01 PM

The Rams were in the same boat as us last year with no talent on their team except for Steven Jackson and they took Bradford. I think they made the right decision.

BillsWin
10-03-2010, 11:06 PM
I don't think people understand what I was saying. IF the BPA is a QB then take one. My point of the thread was that IF QB is not the highest rated player on the board, and that player is in fact an OT, OLB, WR whatever. We could pick them and really should if that player could be a stud.

If Luck is on the board, I'd take him. But who else is really a top 5 QB at this point? Perhaps that will change.

better days
10-03-2010, 11:11 PM
I don't think people understand what I was saying. IF the BPA is a QB then take one. My point of the thread was that IF QB is not the highest rated player on the board, and that player is in fact an OT, OLB, WR whatever. We could pick them and really should if that player could be a stud.

If Luck is on the board, I'd take him. But who else is really a top 5 QB at this point? Perhaps that will change.

I would rather trade down than take a WR in the top 10. We don't have a QB to get him the ball so he would be wasted.

billz83
10-04-2010, 01:31 AM
this team needs a real QB above anything else..we also need an offensive LINE!! this oline has been garbage for over a decade now ud think they would figure u need a good oline to compete in the NFL..we also need other offensive weapons and a HUGE upgrade on defense, mainly a ****** pass rush..all the needs we have CAN NOT be accomplished thru the draft ONLY..i dont get y people dont understand this..we HAVE to get really GOOD players thru free agency..not a buncha BS players like cornell green and the rest of the garbage this team constantly signs! STOP SIGNING SCRUBS!! none of this will be accomplished as long as ralph wilson is the owner he is guaranteed to sabatoge anything to improve this team..

X-Era
10-04-2010, 06:00 AM

If Luck is on the board, I'd take him. But who else is really a top 5 QB at this point? Perhaps that will change.I predict, at this early point, both Locker and Mallett will go in the top 15. It may not be that they are truly worthy but rather that the NFL covets the position.

Prov401
10-04-2010, 06:00 AM
people still havent figured this ****ing fact out drives me nuts

lynch is signed for this season and one more folks he aint walking.

Wow, I made a mistake. Calm down screw ball.

X-Era
10-04-2010, 06:03 AM
this team needs a real QB above anything else..we also need an offensive LINE!! this oline has been garbage for over a decade now ud think they would figure u need a good oline to compete in the NFL..we also need other offensive weapons and a HUGE upgrade on defense, mainly a ****** pass rush..all the needs we have CAN NOT be accomplished thru the draft ONLY..i dont get y people dont understand this..we HAVE to get really GOOD players thru free agency..not a buncha BS players like cornell green and the rest of the garbage this team constantly signs! STOP SIGNING SCRUBS!! none of this will be accomplished as long as ralph wilson is the owner he is guaranteed to sabatoge anything to improve this team..

Money was apparently the issue. That's supposedly why we went to the cash to crap philosophy. I hope the new CBA includes enough revenue sharing changes that the Bills will be able to spend more. Also, the salary cap may be rolled back a bit which also should help. I think we may be just waiting it out until the new agreement is made. That we dont want to make any big investments until thats done. All of that may be just wishful thinking.

Night Train
10-04-2010, 06:13 AM
QB is a huge worry, right along with the Front 7 on D. The OL is actually a distant 3rd, if one can believe that.

How are you going to win games if you're ALWAYS playing from behind ?

ChristopherWalken
10-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Starts in the trenches.