PDA

View Full Version : Brohm almost played

BillsWin
10-03-2010, 11:00 PM
LINK (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/10/03/brohm-almost-played/)

As the game between the Bills and Jets quickly got out of hand in the second half, Bills head coach Chan Gailey admitted that he was very close to putting Brian Brohm in the game.

How soon does Brohm get reps or a start? I predict he starts following the bye. This season is going to get out of hand if it hasn't already. I fully expect us to overall the depth chart and play our young players more.

better days
10-03-2010, 11:03 PM
I want to see changes in the O-line as well. Green can take a seat for one.

BillsWin
10-03-2010, 11:13 PM

I agree. He is garbage.

We've got nothing to lose, shuffle some players around. Moats to OLB was smart, but now he's injured. I've noticed that Urbik and Howard are getting playtime, maybe give them more reps.

I'd like to see more of Carrington and more of Troup.

David Nelson is proving he deserves time with the ones, while Steve Johnson continues to un-impress.

Maybin needs to be thrown to the wolves. Trial by fire.

We need to get our young guys reps.

I expect Nelson to start at tight end this week as well.

kingJofNYC
10-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Well with the way Fitz was playing, Gailey probably wanted to take him out for his own good. Dude was dipping the shoulder, fighting for extra yards, all in a losing effort. Probably wanted to protect him.

Honestly, I didn't really care a lick about Fitz during the preseason, he didn't look good at all and easily could've been cut. His performance/fight has earned my respect, think I'll always remember this game for him alone. Haven't seen a player gut it out like that since Travis Henry played on a bum leg.

Oaf
10-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Who cares? When Brohm goes in for Kelsay, Cornell Green, or Poz, let me know.

BertSquirtgum
10-03-2010, 11:23 PM

i can't comprehend why they are allowing this worthless excuse for a football player to continue to play on game day.

BillsWin
10-03-2010, 11:26 PM
I thought Fitz played well, if he gets benched I don't think it's an insult to his effort.

I think if Brohm starts it's more of a tribute to wanting to develop/evaluate him knowing that Fitz is a servicable backup, but nothing more.

I am proud of Fitz, but it's getting time to explore other options.

better days
10-03-2010, 11:31 PM
I thought Fitz played well, if he gets benched I don't think it's an insult to his effort.

I think if Brohm starts it's more of a tribute to wanting to develop/evaluate him knowing that Fitz is a servicable backup, but nothing more.

I agree we all know Fitz is a good back up. The only reason not to start Brohm at this point is Gailey is afraid he will get shell shocked like Trent.

BertSquirtgum
10-03-2010, 11:34 PM
you could see the disgust in fitz's eyes after that one play when evans dropped a perfectly placed ball. i'm starting to belive evans isn't worth a crap. i've stuck up for him in the past but maybe he is playing like **** on purpose....to get a trade? which, i wouldn't blame him but not playing 100% is a ***** move. especially when you're making 9 million dollars a year.

mikemac2001
10-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Ya as much as I want to see what brohm has I wouldn't want him to be put in against the jets when they know we are passing. There is no positive with the move.

I like fitz and would love for him to stay on this team next year he plays with heart and cares.

I posted it in another thread he was pissed after his 2nd td pass bc he knew it was to little to
Late. As Stevie and stupar were celebrating.

If brohm takes first team
Reps all week then he should start if not give him
Bye week. Two weeks of reps
And to prepare only way to do this

Thief
10-04-2010, 06:03 AM
Fitz played with guts. I haven't seen that much decire from a QB since Flutie.

X-Era
10-04-2010, 06:05 AM
I stand by my first take. I think when our 7th loss (out of the playoffs) is clearly at hand we will put him in. I'm still thinking the Detroit game.

Night Train
10-04-2010, 06:09 AM
Fitz may play with guts but also plays with limited talent. His arm won't do what his huge brain wishes.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Bills get Brohm ready to start after the Jags game, with the scheduled Bye giving him an extra week to work with the O.

kelly2reed4six
10-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Green can take a seat for one.

screw taking a seat.....he can take a one way flight out of Buffalo and never ****** come back!

ChristopherWalken
10-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Fitz is the only one out there playing with any heart. But if he keeps bolting down the field head first, Brohm is going to see playing time more sooner than later.

casdhf
10-04-2010, 07:19 AM
He probably meant pulling FItz to avoid injruy. I doubt it was to just try something else.

Mahdi
10-04-2010, 08:12 AM
I agree. He is garbage.

We've got nothing to lose, shuffle some players around. Moats to OLB was smart, but now he's injured. I've noticed that Urbik and Howard are getting playtime, maybe give them more reps.

I'd like to see more of Carrington and more of Troup.

David Nelson is proving he deserves time with the ones, while Steve Johnson continues to un-impress.

Maybin needs to be thrown to the wolves. Trial by fire.

We need to get our young guys reps.

I expect Nelson to start at tight end this week as well.
Steve Johnson continues to un-impress? Steve Johnson is improving every game. He showed great hands yesterday and great body control on that ball he caught over his head that unfortunately was out of bounds. He runs very good routes and has raw talent.

Steve Johnson if anything is proving the fans right who believed he had a ton of potential. If we had a competent passing game he would be a big part of it.

Jan Reimers
10-04-2010, 08:38 AM
So did several other Bills, and they were on the field.

dannyek71
10-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Steve Johnson continues to un-impress? Steve Johnson is improving every game. He showed great hands yesterday and great body control on that ball he caught over his head that unfortunately was out of bounds. He runs very good routes and has raw talent.

Steve Johnson if anything is proving the fans right who believed he had a ton of potential. If we had a competent passing game he would be a big part of it.

Steve Johnson sucks. People are in love with his rap skills and dreadlocks (when he had them)

He'd be a #4 receiver at best for any decent team.

dannyek71
10-04-2010, 08:49 AM
I hope we play Brohm. I really do. If for nothing else than to quite everyone clamoring for him. If he were decent, he be playing for GB now and he wouldn't have been beat out my TE & Fitzy.

He is living on the coattails of his college career.

billsburgh
10-04-2010, 09:00 AM
I hope we play Brohm. I really do. If for nothing else than to quite everyone clamoring for him. If he were decent, he be playing for GB now and he wouldn't have been beat out my TE & Fitzy.

he was never going to play in GB with Aaron Rogers there.

BertSquirtgum
10-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Steve Johnson sucks. People are in love with his rap skills and dreadlocks (when he had them)

He'd be a #4 receiver at best for any decent team.

i disagree

mikemac2001
10-04-2010, 10:54 AM
My issue with stevie johnson is that he is inconsistant

one play makes a great grab or fights for the first down then on another has a mental lapse and drops a wide open pass.

does he have the skill to be a #1 no but can he be a solid #2 or 3 yes without a question i feel once he plays more and his confidence grows he will be more consistant.

i really like david nelson though i feel he is going to be a QB's friend his size makes up for poor passes, he is also so hard to match up with.

to brohm playing if fitz plays bad this week give him the start after the bye, if you are going to give him a shot give him a fair one.

Night Train
10-04-2010, 11:30 AM

No one is clamoring for him nor viewing him as a savior.

He just hasn't had his chance to play & fail, like most of this roster has numerous times.

Beebe's Kid
10-04-2010, 01:06 PM

Do you ever root for anybody on the team?

You hope he plays, so he can fail?

I guess you're right...we should just cut him, and not even take the off-chance that he is able to produce. We wouldn't want those clamoring for him to have anything to cheer for...which is what we're looking for.

Stevie Johnson? He has looked like our best WR to me. I have always liked, and stuck up for Lee, but yesterday I would have rather taken the 6 or so chances to Stevie.

It has nothing to do with his hair, or his rap game...which you apparently have a strong disdain for, it has to do with a productive ****ing football team.

Bad news, bro, you can't replace 53 players in one off-season, or even 4. We need somebody to be here, and I would like to see what we have.

Nelson is a good receiver, and before we start screaming he's #2, let's get another decent game out of him. He has only had one. Also...does it really have to be a competition where we keep one player and cut another every ****ing time?

If you like Nelson, you are allowed to like Johnson too. You can even like Evans and Parrish. It's crazy how that works.

Dr. Lecter
10-04-2010, 01:09 PM
i disagree

Me too.

He is closer to a #5 WR on decent teams. He is a #4 on a average team.

Michael82
10-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Brian Brohm will get his first start at home against the Lions, IMO. There's no way Gailey is going to throw him to the wolves in Baltimore or in Kansas City for his first game.

Mr. Pink
10-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Me too.

He is closer to a guy who wouldn't have an NFL job if he wasn't here in my opinion.

We're good at giving jobs to guys who wouldn't be in the league elsewhere though.

It's like our niche!

Mahdi
10-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Me too.

I think yer just associating failure with every player on the Bills. Analyze Johnson alone. His routes look good, he showed great body control, and he does well after the catch. Both his touchdowns showed his skill level.

If Johnson was playing with Aaron Rodgers or Manning he could put up good numbers once he fully develops.

Nelson is also showing some good skills and could be a starting WR very soon.

The fact that these guys are performing when no one else is is more of an indication of talent than the opposite.

Philagape
10-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Me too.

He's should be #4 on THIS team. David Nelson should be starting.

TigerJ
10-04-2010, 06:01 PM

Agreed. I don't like Fitz as a long term option at QB, but he was one of the best players on the field Sunday, and definitely the hardest working.

mybills
10-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Agreed. I don't like Fitz as a long term option at QB, but he was one of the best players on the field Sunday, and definitely the ONLY ONE working.
:up: