• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Brohm almost played

LINK

As the game between the Bills and Jets quickly got out of hand in the second half, Bills head coach Chan Gailey admitted that he was very close to putting Brian Brohm in the game.
    How soon does Brohm get reps or a start? I predict he starts following the bye. This season is going to get out of hand if it hasn't already. I fully expect us to overall the depth chart and play our young players more.
    I am The Batman.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Brohm almost played

I want to see changes in the O-line as well. Green can take a seat for one.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by better days
      I agree. He is garbage.

We've got nothing to lose, shuffle some players around. Moats to OLB was smart, but now he's injured. I've noticed that Urbik and Howard are getting playtime, maybe give them more reps.

I'd like to see more of Carrington and more of Troup.

David Nelson is proving he deserves time with the ones, while Steve Johnson continues to un-impress.

Maybin needs to be thrown to the wolves. Trial by fire.

We need to get our young guys reps.

I expect Nelson to start at tight end this week as well.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Well with the way Fitz was playing, Gailey probably wanted to take him out for his own good. Dude was dipping the shoulder, fighting for extra yards, all in a losing effort. Probably wanted to protect him.

Honestly, I didn't really care a lick about Fitz during the preseason, he didn't look good at all and easily could've been cut. His performance/fight has earned my respect, think I'll always remember this game for him alone. Haven't seen a player gut it out like that since Travis Henry played on a bum leg.
        Last edited by kingJofNYC; 10-03-2010, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Who cares? When Brohm goes in for Kelsay, Cornell Green, or Poz, let me know.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

i can't comprehend why they are allowing this worthless excuse for a football player to continue to play on game day.

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

I thought Fitz played well, if he gets benched I don't think it's an insult to his effort.

I think if Brohm starts it's more of a tribute to wanting to develop/evaluate him knowing that Fitz is a servicable backup, but nothing more.

I am proud of Fitz, but it's getting time to explore other options.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BillsWin
                I thought Fitz played well, if he gets benched I don't think it's an insult to his effort.

I think if Brohm starts it's more of a tribute to wanting to develop/evaluate him knowing that Fitz is a servicable backup, but nothing more.

I am proud of Fitz, but it's getting time to explore other options.
                I agree we all know Fitz is a good back up. The only reason not to start Brohm at this point is Gailey is afraid he will get shell shocked like Trent.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

you could see the disgust in fitz's eyes after that one play when evans dropped a perfectly placed ball. i'm starting to belive evans isn't worth a crap. i've stuck up for him in the past but maybe he is playing like **** on purpose....to get a trade? which, i wouldn't blame him but not playing 100% is a ***** move. especially when you're making 9 million dollars a year.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                    • Mar 2003

Ya as much as I want to see what brohm has I wouldn't want him to be put in against the jets when they know we are passing. There is no positive with the move.

I like fitz and would love for him to stay on this team next year he plays with heart and cares.

I posted it in another thread he was pissed after his 2nd td pass bc he knew it was to little to
                    Late. As Stevie and stupar were celebrating.

If brohm takes first team
                    Reps all week then he should start if not give him
                    Bye week. Two weeks of reps
                    And to prepare only way to do this

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• Thief
                      • Sep 2009

Fitz played with guts. I haven't seen that much decire from a QB since Flutie.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

I stand by my first take. I think when our 7th loss (out of the playoffs) is clearly at hand we will put him in. I'm still thinking the Detroit game.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Fitz may play with guts but also plays with limited talent. His arm won't do what his huge brain wishes.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Bills get Brohm ready to start after the Jags game, with the scheduled Bye giving him an extra week to work with the O.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
                            • Dec 2008

Green can take a seat for one.

screw taking a seat.....he can take a one way flight out of Buffalo and never ***** come back!

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                              • Dec 2002

Fitz is the only one out there playing with any heart. But if he keeps bolting down the field head first, Brohm is going to see playing time more sooner than later.

Comment

Working...
                              X