X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

Have we hit bottom yet?

This was a disgraceful showing. Did not even look like an NFL team out there. The Jets are not that great of a team, although they did play well. I am past the point of being frustrated I think.....but I am afraid that we have not yet seen the worst this team has to offer. It's almost comical how poor our gameplan, our execution and our adjustments were. Wow. It could get worse, but not much.

I hope old senile Ralphie fires the entire coaching staff, the entire front office, and cuts as many of the players as he can without big $$ hits. That will at least let the rest of the world know we have nothing worth salvaging here, and we would be as low as we could go.
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Have we hit bottom yet?

I expected a bad season, but I didn't expect anything THIS bad.

Through 4 weeks- 1/4 of the season, there has been ZERO improvement. There is literally nothing that this team is doing better than what we did last year, and there are numerous things that are worse.

I know it's a "rebuilding" year, but I don't know how we're supposed to be "rebuilding" without getting better in at least one area. So far, this has been a "regressing" year.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• dannyek71
      Drink Responsibly
      • Dec 2004

The first step with fixing your problem is admitting you have one.
      [

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

The Jets are not a great team? Maybe not alltime great, but they will win the division & maybe much more this year. They probably have the best defense in the NFL & LT looks like the LT of old.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i'm with you op. i was fine throwing this year away, but i was hoping for offensive improvement.

i just can't imagine what it is. we've had multiple offensive line coaches, we've had a number of OL (even dockery, peters, walker size) and nothing seems to work.

running is a war of attrition. Never are there gapping holes that the jets saw. never are there consistant 4-6 yard runs.

We never run a misdirection which would help slow down the rush.

we never have more than 3 seconds to throw. We seem to have zero timing patterns. 3 step drop and launch it to an area.

we've rotated QB's a ton. it doesn't work.

i forgive the defense. more than half of them aren't in their natural position learning a new system.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
            • May 2004

Originally posted by better days
            The Jets are not a great team? Maybe not alltime great, but they will win the division & maybe much more this year. They probably have the best defense in the NFL & LT looks like the LT of old.
            They are a good team, no denying that, and they may well win the division. They are not as great as they looked vs. the Bills, thats all. LT still has some tread on the tire, but would not look like the LT of old against a real NFL defense. The biggest positive I saw was that Sanchez is, and has been, playing smart, turnover free football. That's huge. Maybe the season will prove me wrong, but I just dont think this is a GREAT team.
            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

If we haven't hit absolute rock bottom, I could see it from where we were yesterday.

All my sometimes cartoonish optimism aside, I never dreamed we would be this pathetic. Never.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

have we hit rock bottom - as in the team? probably or very close to it. i think the ravens beat down will be the official bottom.

have we hit the rock bottom - as fans? probably not. the team is still in buffalo. when the move, that'll be the bottom and there will be no return.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                  • Jul 2002

Tired of the emotional drain each week. Thinking packing up all my Bills merchandise and sending it to Mr. Wilson. If he doesn't care enough about making this team better (getting a qb or ot in the off season), why should I waste my time going through the same heartache every week???

10 F'in years without going to the playoffs!!! Are you kidding me!!!! Come on Ralph, REALLY!!!! Get your head of of the sand do something!!!! Man up, open the F'in wallet and pay for some real talent and coaches!!! If you don't give a Sh**, how can you expect the fans to continue?????

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus
                    have we hit the rock bottom - as fans? probably not. the team is still in buffalo. when the move, that'll be the bottom and there will be no return.
                    Ok, so let me ask this question. Would it really be any more painful to lose the team than to have this kind of a team wearing Bills uniforms? I have thought long and hard about it. All kidding and sarcasm aside...I think this feels worse.
                    --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                      Ok, so let me ask this question. Would it really be any more painful to lose the team than to have this kind of a team wearing Bills uniforms? I have thought long and hard about it. All kidding and sarcasm aside...I think this feels worse.
                      Watching your favorite team lose a football game is not comparable to losing your favorite football team period.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                        Watching your favorite team lose a football game is not comparable to losing your favorite football team period.
                        Its not one game. It's the four superbowls followed by the botched handling of the Flutie/Johnson situation followed by the Bledsoe years and the coaching carousel and the constant flow of draft busts and the 10 years + with no playoffs and no end in sight. That fan experience taken as a whole, is as painful as it gets. I think it's too close to call as to which is worse.
                        --Leo Durocher

Comment

• RoanokeVABillsFan
                          • Sep 2005

While that was pitiful, we have not hit rock bottom yet. Of the first four teams on our schedule, I thought we'd start 0-4 and we have. I didn't think we'd look as bad as we did yesterday, but at least in my mind we were losing games I thought we would. The next few weeks will tell if we're at rock bottom. When we lose to Detroit, Cleveland, Jacksonville and Kansas City in the next few weeks (and I'm assuming we'll lose to them if we play like we have been, especially yesterday), that will be rock bottom. Those were the games I thought we would have a chance at winning this season and right now, those teams are all playing better than us and it isn't looking good. You think you feel bad today, just wait until one of those teams stomps on us!

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

3 of 4 of those teams will definitely stomp us. one of those games may be close, but we'll lose in the end.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                              I think I've reached the point where I'd rather have no team than this.

Watching this team isn't fun, and it hasn't been for years. Watching an actual game is fun because the fans want their team to win- when their team has a chance to win, it creates anticipation and excitement. But when a team has so little chance to win- and when they're doing so poorly that a win here or there makes no difference in terms of making the playoffs- then it's almost impossible to generate that level of excitement.

I spend money on Sunday Ticket, then I spend my free time sitting there watching this team simply embarrass themselves week after week. I do it because I'm a fan and because I've always done it, but I no longer enjoy it. ****ing fix the team and start winning games, or sell it to new ownership in another city that might be able to find new fans and give them some enjoyment, because this **** is ****ing painful.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X