PDA

View Full Version : Have we hit bottom yet?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-04-2010, 08:32 AM
This was a disgraceful showing. Did not even look like an NFL team out there. The Jets are not that great of a team, although they did play well. I am past the point of being frustrated I think.....but I am afraid that we have not yet seen the worst this team has to offer. It's almost comical how poor our gameplan, our execution and our adjustments were. Wow. It could get worse, but not much.

I hope old senile Ralphie fires the entire coaching staff, the entire front office, and cuts as many of the players as he can without big $$ hits. That will at least let the rest of the world know we have nothing worth salvaging here, and we would be as low as we could go.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 08:37 AM
I expected a bad season, but I didn't expect anything THIS bad.

Through 4 weeks- 1/4 of the season, there has been ZERO improvement. There is literally nothing that this team is doing better than what we did last year, and there are numerous things that are worse.

I know it's a "rebuilding" year, but I don't know how we're supposed to be "rebuilding" without getting better in at least one area. So far, this has been a "regressing" year.

dannyek71
10-04-2010, 08:41 AM
The first step with fixing your problem is admitting you have one.

better days
10-04-2010, 08:43 AM
The Jets are not a great team? Maybe not alltime great, but they will win the division & maybe much more this year. They probably have the best defense in the NFL & LT looks like the LT of old.

trapezeus
10-04-2010, 08:46 AM
i'm with you op. i was fine throwing this year away, but i was hoping for offensive improvement.

i just can't imagine what it is. we've had multiple offensive line coaches, we've had a number of OL (even dockery, peters, walker size) and nothing seems to work.

running is a war of attrition. Never are there gapping holes that the jets saw. never are there consistant 4-6 yard runs.

We never run a misdirection which would help slow down the rush.

we never have more than 3 seconds to throw. We seem to have zero timing patterns. 3 step drop and launch it to an area.

we've rotated QB's a ton. it doesn't work.

i forgive the defense. more than half of them aren't in their natural position learning a new system.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-04-2010, 08:49 AM
The Jets are not a great team? Maybe not alltime great, but they will win the division & maybe much more this year. They probably have the best defense in the NFL & LT looks like the LT of old.

They are a good team, no denying that, and they may well win the division. They are not as great as they looked vs. the Bills, thats all. LT still has some tread on the tire, but would not look like the LT of old against a real NFL defense. The biggest positive I saw was that Sanchez is, and has been, playing smart, turnover free football. That's huge. Maybe the season will prove me wrong, but I just dont think this is a GREAT team.

Jan Reimers
10-04-2010, 09:04 AM
If we haven't hit absolute rock bottom, I could see it from where we were yesterday.

All my sometimes cartoonish optimism aside, I never dreamed we would be this pathetic. Never.

trapezeus
10-04-2010, 09:08 AM
have we hit rock bottom - as in the team? probably or very close to it. i think the ravens beat down will be the official bottom.

have we hit the rock bottom - as fans? probably not. the team is still in buffalo. when the move, that'll be the bottom and there will be no return.

NC-BILLS44
10-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Tired of the emotional drain each week. Thinking packing up all my Bills merchandise and sending it to Mr. Wilson. If he doesn't care enough about making this team better (getting a qb or ot in the off season), why should I waste my time going through the same heartache every week???

10 F'in years without going to the playoffs!!! Are you kidding me!!!! Come on Ralph, REALLY!!!! Get your head of of the sand do something!!!! Man up, open the F'in wallet and pay for some real talent and coaches!!! If you don't give a Sh**, how can you expect the fans to continue?????

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-04-2010, 09:18 AM
have we hit the rock bottom - as fans? probably not. the team is still in buffalo. when the move, that'll be the bottom and there will be no return.

Ok, so let me ask this question. Would it really be any more painful to lose the team than to have this kind of a team wearing Bills uniforms? I have thought long and hard about it. All kidding and sarcasm aside...I think this feels worse.

Extremebillsfan247
10-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Ok, so let me ask this question. Would it really be any more painful to lose the team than to have this kind of a team wearing Bills uniforms? I have thought long and hard about it. All kidding and sarcasm aside...I think this feels worse. Watching your favorite team lose a football game is not comparable to losing your favorite football team period.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Watching your favorite team lose a football game is not comparable to losing your favorite football team period.

Its not one game. It's the four superbowls followed by the botched handling of the Flutie/Johnson situation followed by the Bledsoe years and the coaching carousel and the constant flow of draft busts and the 10 years + with no playoffs and no end in sight. That fan experience taken as a whole, is as painful as it gets. I think it's too close to call as to which is worse.

RoanokeVABillsFan
10-04-2010, 09:41 AM
While that was pitiful, we have not hit rock bottom yet. Of the first four teams on our schedule, I thought we'd start 0-4 and we have. I didn't think we'd look as bad as we did yesterday, but at least in my mind we were losing games I thought we would. The next few weeks will tell if we're at rock bottom. When we lose to Detroit, Cleveland, Jacksonville and Kansas City in the next few weeks (and I'm assuming we'll lose to them if we play like we have been, especially yesterday), that will be rock bottom. Those were the games I thought we would have a chance at winning this season and right now, those teams are all playing better than us and it isn't looking good. You think you feel bad today, just wait until one of those teams stomps on us!

trapezeus
10-04-2010, 09:43 AM
3 of 4 of those teams will definitely stomp us. one of those games may be close, but we'll lose in the end.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Ok, so let me ask this question. Would it really be any more painful to lose the team than to have this kind of a team wearing Bills uniforms? I have thought long and hard about it. All kidding and sarcasm aside...I think this feels worse.

I think I've reached the point where I'd rather have no team than this.

Watching this team isn't fun, and it hasn't been for years. Watching an actual game is fun because the fans want their team to win- when their team has a chance to win, it creates anticipation and excitement. But when a team has so little chance to win- and when they're doing so poorly that a win here or there makes no difference in terms of making the playoffs- then it's almost impossible to generate that level of excitement.

I spend money on Sunday Ticket, then I spend my free time sitting there watching this team simply embarrass themselves week after week. I do it because I'm a fan and because I've always done it, but I no longer enjoy it. ****ing fix the team and start winning games, or sell it to new ownership in another city that might be able to find new fans and give them some enjoyment, because this **** is ****ing painful.

SABuffalo786
10-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Going to that game was easily the worst sports experience I've ever had live.

At least the 6-3 Browns loss had nice weather.

I'm ready for this team to leave. I'm done with this league.

I'm tired of canned, boring atmospheres, I'm tired of stadiums of 70,000 angry drunks, I'm tired of having to watch my back like I'm going into a bad neighborhood every time I go into the corridors, I'm tired of half literate millionaire thugs,

I'm tired of $10,000 PSLs, I'm tired of commercials/ads every 2 minutes, I'm tired of seeing new stadiums where luxury boxes are the focal point, I'm tired of seeing the league evolve into a big city-centric business that makes cities like mine irrelevant, I'm tired of NFL gestapo hassling its most loyal fans for having too much non-corporate sanctioned fun.

I'm just tired.

MikeInRoch
10-04-2010, 09:47 AM
My concern is that we aren't going to bounce back up from this. Many teams, once they hit rock bottom, rebound. We are going to be dragging the bottom of the ocean floor for the foreseeable future.

patmoran2006
10-04-2010, 09:48 AM
This was a disgraceful showing. Did not even look like an NFL team out there. The Jets are not that great of a team, although they did play well. I am past the point of being frustrated I think.....but I am afraid that we have not yet seen the worst this team has to offer. It's almost comical how poor our gameplan, our execution and our adjustments were. Wow. It could get worse, but not much.

I hope old senile Ralphie fires the entire coaching staff, the entire front office, and cuts as many of the players as he can without big $$ hits. That will at least let the rest of the world know we have nothing worth salvaging here, and we would be as low as we could go.

I think this is a valid post and question, "Have we he hit bottom yet"? I think the answer is yes, I don't see how we can possibly be worse than we are now.

However, I have to disagree with you about the Jets not being a great team. They have an improving QB (even if it pains to say) as well as a great OL, a stud TE and Wr's that make plays (and don't forget, they got Santonio Holmes coming too)

Defensively they are loaded,and again-- we didn't see Calvin Pace or Darrelle Revis either yesterday.

The Jets are STACKED, like em or not.

Jan Reimers
10-04-2010, 09:53 AM
I am as upset as anyone over the current state of the Bills.

But wishing them gone? No way in Hell. They will eventually come back, but it will be damned hard to enjoy it if they are in another city.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Pat, maybe it's the optimist in me that is hoping that the Jets are a collection of too many individuals to be a team that can weather the storms that are coming. Like any Bills fan....I hate the Jets as much as I hate the Pats and the Dolphins.

Time will tell if they are a truly great team.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 09:57 AM
I am as upset as anyone over the current state of the Bills.

But wishing them gone? No way in Hell. They will eventually come back, but it will be damned hard to enjoy it if they are in another city.

Will they eventually come back though? With Ralph, I'm not so sure.

NorthCarBills
10-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Going to that game was easily the worst sports experience I've ever had live.

At least the 6-3 Browns loss had nice weather.

LOL I flew up for that 6-3 game and thought it couldnt have gotten much worse. But you take the prize after this one considering the combination of play and weather.

Extremebillsfan247
10-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Its not one game. It's the four superbowls followed by the botched handling of the Flutie/Johnson situation followed by the Bledsoe years and the coaching carousel and the constant flow of draft busts and the 10 years + with no playoffs and no end in sight. That fan experience taken as a whole, is as painful as it gets. I think it's too close to call as to which is worse.
Here is why I don't agree with your viewpoint. We as fans have made the choice to follow this team, it is not something that we are forced to do. By choosing to be a part of it, you also choose to take the bad with the good. Even though there have been far more bad things than good, we can either choose to weather the storm, make the best of a bad situation, or move to a more favorable climate to suit us. I just choose to weather the storm. JMO

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Here is why I don't agree with your viewpoint. We as fans have made the choice to follow this team, it is not something that we are forced to do. By choosing to be a part of it, you also choose to take the bad with the good. Even though there have been far more bad things than good, we can either choose to weather the storm, make the best of a bad situation, or move to a more favorable climate to suit us. I just choose to weather the storm. JMO

Hey, I don't know about you, or anyone else....but for me the Bills are in my blood. I can't choose not to follow the team, anymore than I can choose to not love my kids. If I didn't care, and hadn't weathered the storm for over 20 years, I would not be posting on here today.

I do refuse to put on rose colored glasses and have fun watching the team embarrass itself.

Ingtar33
10-04-2010, 10:29 AM
I expected a bad season, but I didn't expect anything THIS bad.

Through 4 weeks- 1/4 of the season, there has been ZERO improvement. There is literally nothing that this team is doing better than what we did last year, and there are numerous things that are worse.

I know it's a "rebuilding" year, but I don't know how we're supposed to be "rebuilding" without getting better in at least one area. So far, this has been a "regressing" year.

I'm amazed to read this.

Frankly... i'm neither surprised nor disapointed... they're showing me exactly what i expected to see back in january when nix and gailey were brought on to run this team into the ground.

mybills
10-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Chicago looked even worse.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Chicago looked even worse.

Two points:

1. They are 3-1 on the season whereas we are 0-4.
2. Another team being worse is not a legitimate excuse for us to be that bad.

Ed
10-04-2010, 11:14 AM
This is the worst Bills team I've ever seen. At no point in my life has this team been less enjoyable to watch, which is kind of shocking when you consider how many bad games we've had to endure. At the very least I was hoping to at least see CJ Spiller break off some huge runs and compete for rookie of the year, or watch some of our other young guys flash some signs of hope, but no one seems to be doing anything. For the first time in my life I'm actually considering to voluntarily not watch Bills games this year and that's what angers me the most. I've gotten used to the losing, but losing interest in the team is something new for me. I live in Denver and it's been beautiful every Sunday, but I'm standing around in a bar for hours watching this joke of a team and all I can think is, "what the hell am I doing here?" I used to at least have fun hanging out with other Bills fans, but less and less people are showing up each week and there's just nothing to get excited about. Maybe if they decided to start Brohm I could at least care for a few more weeks, but the results will probably be the same.

I guess the only thing that gives me hope at this point is that there was a time when teams like the Colts and Saints were total door mats for years, and now they win superbowls. So maybe this team can have a similar turn around, but it just seems so far away.

don137
10-04-2010, 11:59 AM
You know you have hit rock bottom when you look at Detroit, St Louis, Cleveland and Oakland and think to yourself that those teams are all better than Buffalo.

Mr. Pink
10-04-2010, 12:08 PM
This team is as bad as the 81 Colts...they went 2-14.

In a strike shortened 1982, they went 0-8-1.

We may not have hit bottom yet.