PDA

View Full Version : My Take

DesertFox24
10-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Bills suck people, and are going to suck.

In fact like Jerry pointed out it might be the best thing to happen, just bottom out and rebuild this thing.

When you look at our Offense I know they are struggling but I am not as concerned about them as I am our Defense. Yes we need a franchise QB (not on roster, probably will be our draft pick this year), and yes we need better overall talent for the OL. I do not like Green starting but I still am high on Bell, Levitre, and Wood.

My main concern with this team is it is clear we do not have the talent or the personal for the defense we are trying to run. We have 4 DLs that can play in this system Williams, Troup, Carrington, and Edwards and unfortunately Troup and Carrington do not play a whole lot, which is not uncommon for young DL.

We can not stop the run because the other DL we have are not occupying blockers and are not stout enough at the point of attack. We can not get pressure with our DL at all or when we rush 4, which is making our corners and safety look horrible. Everyone wants to say where is Bryd and the picks, well INTs and pass rush go hand in hand when QBs have all day to through they will find open guys and are not having to throw in tight windows or force a ball to make a play because they are blowing us out.

Anyway we are going to suck this year and hopefully draft our QB of the future and then go Defensive front 7 heavy and OL heavy the rest of the way.

Then in 2011 if there is a season I suspect us to struggle but at least be in some games as our young defenders get better (6 win season probably). Then in 2012 we are a competitive team who finishes above 500.

Here is how the chargers did
2001 1 win
2002 8 wins
2003 4 wins
2004 - present (Playoffs every year except 2005 when they won 9 games).

Right now guys we are chargers 2001.

dannyek71
10-04-2010, 08:41 AM
I agree with most of your points, but we NEED to go with Mark Ingram with the #1 pick.

trapezeus
10-04-2010, 08:41 AM
my take is that this team needs to be active in free agency. Not necessarily big names, but they need to get people to push the weakest links out of here.

unless there is a fire sale right now to get some picks, our slotted 7-8 picks isn't going to make much of a difference.

Beebe's Kid
10-04-2010, 08:52 AM
my take is that this team needs to be active in free agency. Not necessarily big names, but they need to get people to push the weakest links out of here.

unless there is a fire sale right now to get some picks, our slotted 7-8 picks isn't going to make much of a difference.

I agree, 100%.

I say we start moving some people, if we are able to sell high.

I think Minnesota might be seriously willing to pony up to get Evans. Pull the trigger on this. I like Evans, but he's not what we need, and we're not what he needs. If we could get a 2nd, that would be awesome. I would be interested in a player and a 3rd, if the player is, as mentioned, not necessarily a star, but solid.

Billz_fan
10-04-2010, 08:53 AM

Thank you !!

I have been saying the same thing. There is no way you rebuild this team through the draft alone, Especially with out draft bust/success ratio. They will never field a wining team totally relying on the draft. Not in 100 years.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-04-2010, 08:57 AM
I agree with most of your points, but we NEED to go with Mark Ingram with the #1 pick.

Now I don't care who you are, that there's funny right there.

trapezeus
10-04-2010, 08:58 AM
I agree, 100%.

I say we start moving some people, if we are able to sell high.

I think Minnesota might be seriously willing to pony up to get Evans. Pull the trigger on this. I like Evans, but he's not what we need, and we're not what he needs. If we could get a 2nd, that would be awesome. I would be interested in a player and a 3rd, if the player is, as mentioned, not necessarily a star, but solid.

exactly. if minnesota goes for it, there is a chance their season is still sunk. and that pick is a high pick in whatever round we get it in. it's better than lynch to greenbay because that'll essentially end up higher than 25. Minny has a very real chance of imploding in the next week or two. Now is the time to move evans if you can.

And if you can't, guess which team's star player isn't really that interesting on any other roster....yet again.

Billz_fan
10-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Also agree, it team is at all serious about using only the draft to build this team they need to move some poeple with value and stock pile picks. I mean alot of picks.

Ickybaluky
10-06-2010, 08:32 AM
I think Minnesota might be seriously willing to pony up to get Evans.

Not anymore.

RockStar36
10-06-2010, 08:44 AM
This is a perfect example of how you guys overrate players on the Bills.

Look at what Moss is going for. And people thought Evans would get more than that? Please.

ddaryl
10-06-2010, 08:54 AM

Definitley need to smart in FA. Big names are definitely counter productive, but playersthat upgrade are needed.

Unfortunately many FA's will just say no thank you until we start winning regulalrly or we overpay. That seems to be the funk we are in right now.