PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Williams should be traded... among others

Mahdi
10-04-2010, 08:54 AM
KW has proven that he has no business playing NT in a 3-4. He was abused in the run game and was abused last week and the week before. He not only gets no push but he gets completely pushed out of the hole. A NT's job is to, at the very least, hold his ground. KW simply does not fit in this scheme. There are probably many 4-3 teams that would like to have him so I think he should be traded for a 3rd that we can use to fill holes in the offseason. Give Troup the reps and find out if he has what it takes to be the NT, if not, move him to DE.

I think our run game is suffering. It has no identity and one of the reasons is the constant flux at the RB spot. Either trade Lynch or trade Jackson. This is not working.

Trade Poz if you can, the guy is not stout and can't handle the ILB spot. I might be hard on him considering there is no one in front of him to help him out but he is just not athletic enough to cover TEs or RBs and not strong enough to shed blocks in the run game.

I think it might be time to trade Evans, I hate saying it but he is a good player that won't do anything for this team at this point in time. I think we have some nice young WRs in Johnson, Nelson and Jones maybe even Parrish. A lot of teams can use Evans and the return should be decent. Maybe a 2nd rounder or a 3rd.

Fact is we need the picks. This team is not going to be built through FA because A) Ralph won't pay and B) FAs won't come by free will

We need a QB, DE, 2 ILBs, a TE (even if Nelson is good) a NT, 2 OLBs, OT. Those are the pressing needs. So we need the picks to cover this.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Trade everyone with some trade value. We can lose by 30 points with warm bodies in there. Make this losing season productive by giving some guys a shot who might otherwise not get snaps. We gotta find a few diamonds in the rough.

k-oneputt
10-04-2010, 09:06 AM
Troup damn well better have what it takes. Carrington too.
Those were key picks and we can't afford those two to bust out.
They should also be getting those two as many reps as possible.

trapezeus
10-04-2010, 09:22 AM
trade kyle? but he's so close to his $24MM extension. white, high motor DL player who is completely useless to us.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 09:25 AM
I don't disagree, but I can't see getting anything for Poz or Evans. Evans' contract number is just too big and Poz just sucks.

We could probably get a decent pick for a team with injuries at RB for either Jackson or Lynch, and a 4-3 team would probably give up a mid round pick for KW.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I dont' even care what we get for these guys, let somebody else take their contracts. That's really my point.

Mahdi
10-04-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't disagree, but I can't see getting anything for Poz or Evans. Evans' contract number is just too big and Poz just sucks.

We could probably get a decent pick for a team with injuries at RB for either Jackson or Lynch, and a 4-3 team would probably give up a mid round pick for KW.
Don't you think Evans would agree to re-negotiate his contract with a good team with a good QB?

k-oneputt
10-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Trade Evans to Indy.
They have injury problems right now at wr and Evans would be a great pickup for them.
Maybe Polian will throw us a sympathy bone.

RoscoeMagic
10-04-2010, 09:54 AM
It's not often you see teams sell the house by the trade deadline during the season. If we do, it'll probably be in the offseason.

BertSquirtgum
10-04-2010, 10:50 AM
it's true. i watched a number of plays where he was pushed backwards by mangold and completely held in check. i'm sure a 4-3 team out there could use him. lets get a draft pick.

Philagape
10-04-2010, 10:54 AM
But Poz had 12 tackles yesterday!!!!!!! :crazy:

k-oneputt
10-04-2010, 11:02 AM
But Poz had 12 tackles yesterday!!!!!!! :crazy:

He sure did, all 8-9 yards downfield.
You make alot of tackles playing inside lb when your defense can't get off the field.

superbills
10-04-2010, 11:15 AM

Now, Poz is no Ryan Matthews, but he can at least play and has some semblance of a clue. Even Ryan Matthews would struggle a bit being surrounded by the suck that Poz is playing with. While it may not be saying much, he is the best of the bunch we have at LB...save for Chris Kelsay or course :couch:

madness
10-04-2010, 11:20 AM
It's not saying much but KW was the best Bills defensive player on field yesterday and I'll start worrying about him playing in the 3-4 when we actually run it more than 20% of the time.

chernobylwraiths
10-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Now, Poz is no Ryan Matthews, but he can at least play and has some semblance of a clue. Even Ryan Matthews would struggle a bit being surrounded by the suck that Poz is playing with. While it may not be saying much, he is the best of the bunch we have at LB...save for Chris Kelsay or course :couch:

Clay?

chernobylwraiths
10-04-2010, 11:25 AM
The opening post lost all credibility saying we have good young WRs in Johnson, Jones and maybe even Parrish.

Mr. Pink
10-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Kyle Williams would be a nice trade chip to a team playing a 4-3 and is a DT short of making the scheme work.

Evans, the only teams you could realistically trade him and his contract and what he thinks he is as a receiver is Cleveland, Oakland, St Louis. A team like Indy for example isn't gonna take on Evans and his contract to be at best the third option in the offense behind Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark.

Lynch should have been gone before draft day.

Pos should get around 3rd to 4th round value from some team who is weak at LB. He's a tackling machine and a team with a front 3 or 4 who's stout might think Pos can make plays when freed up.

Michael82
10-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Why would we trade our best defensive lineman? That would be a dumb move!

DraftBoy
10-04-2010, 11:33 AM
I think guys like McGee, Williams, and Evans have some value and could fetch 4th or 5th rounders, maybe a guy like Whitner or Jackson brings back 6th-7th.

I hope you guys realize that most of these players are going to go for very late picks.

Philagape
10-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Why would we trade our best defensive lineman? That would be a dumb move!

I just posted in another thread how warped our perception can be when comparing Bills players to other Bills players.

Setting aside the presumption that Williams is the "best," which is very questionable ... When all the linemen suck, it doesn't matter who's the best. The position needs to be improved upon.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 11:37 AM
I think guys like McGee, Williams, and Evans have some value and could fetch 4th or 5th rounders, maybe a guy like Whitner or Jackson brings back 6th-7th.

I hope you guys realize that most of these players are going to go for very late picks.

if we got enough of them, maybe we could package them for a higher-round pick, or at least use them to move up.

DraftBoy
10-04-2010, 11:39 AM
if we got enough of them, maybe we could package them for a higher-round pick, or at least use them to move up.

This isn't middle school lunch period, where you can sometimes trick the class idiot into trading you his snack pak for a tasty bannan and a few day old pretzels.

Our trash is not another team's treasure. If you guys really think we get anything higher than a 4th for any of these guys (packaged or not) you're fooling yourself. That is how bad they truly are.

Night Train
10-04-2010, 11:41 AM
He sure did, all 8-9 yards downfield.

Much like London Fletcher, who many here still love.

Dr. Lecter
10-04-2010, 11:41 AM
So the Bills can screw up a mid round pick instead of multiple low round picks?

Sounds like a great idea!!!

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 11:45 AM
This isn't middle school lunch period, where you can sometimes trick the class idiot into trading you his snack pak for a tasty bannan and a few day old pretzels.

Our trash is not another team's treasure. If you guys really think we get anything higher than a 4th for any of these guys (packaged or not) you're fooling yourself. That is how bad they truly are.

I don't think you understood what I'm saying

Trade all the trash to stockpile 4th-7th round picks, then use those picks to move up. You might not be able to get that snack pak for some stale pretzels, but you might be able to get it for 3 days' worth of fresh ones.

Dr. Lecter
10-04-2010, 11:47 AM
One more quick note - the Bills are the class idiot. Remember that.

DraftBoy
10-04-2010, 11:48 AM
I don't think you understood what I'm saying

Trade all the trash to stockpile 4th-7th round picks, then use those picks to move up. You might not be able to get that snack pak for some stale pretzels, but you might be able to get it for 3 days' worth of fresh ones.

Yea that could work but you're asking for a whole lot of scenarios to fall into place. Trading up and down is not as easy as people like to think it is. If the right teams are interested you're stuck with a bunch of 4th-7th rounders.

Which personally Id love but many here would hate.

don137
10-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Yea, but Williams looks good in practice against Hangartner...

Trading Williams is a double edged sword. You trade him for a pick you are relying that the front office will be productive with the pick. Judging by history I do not have any confidence in them making the correct pick.

Mr. Pink
10-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Yea that could work but you're asking for a whole lot of scenarios to fall into place. Trading up and down is not as easy as people like to think it is. If the right teams are interested you're stuck with a bunch of 4th-7th rounders.

Hey, if your scouting department and scouts know what they're doing you can find plenty of talent and one difference maker if you stockpile 4th through 7th round picks.

You're gonna get some bums too, but it happens.

For every guy like Kory Lichtensteiger that I liked as a late round pick there's a Marcus Monk.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 11:52 AM

at this point, all we have is trash. We lack talent and have a losing culture. I'd rather get a bunch of 4th-7th round guys in here who want to win, and need to play well in order to prove they belong in the NFL.

The results can't possibly be worse than what we're already getting.

DraftBoy
10-04-2010, 11:55 AM
at this point, all we have is trash. We lack talent and have a losing culture. I'd rather get a bunch of 4th-7th round guys in here who want to win, and need to play well in order to prove they belong in the NFL.

The results can't possibly be worse than what we're already getting.

Im 100% with you on that and as FTY already pointed out there are tons of talented players in the lower rounds to get.