X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Kyle Williams should be traded... among others

KW has proven that he has no business playing NT in a 3-4. He was abused in the run game and was abused last week and the week before. He not only gets no push but he gets completely pushed out of the hole. A NT's job is to, at the very least, hold his ground. KW simply does not fit in this scheme. There are probably many 4-3 teams that would like to have him so I think he should be traded for a 3rd that we can use to fill holes in the offseason. Give Troup the reps and find out if he has what it takes to be the NT, if not, move him to DE.

I think our run game is suffering. It has no identity and one of the reasons is the constant flux at the RB spot. Either trade Lynch or trade Jackson. This is not working.

Trade Poz if you can, the guy is not stout and can't handle the ILB spot. I might be hard on him considering there is no one in front of him to help him out but he is just not athletic enough to cover TEs or RBs and not strong enough to shed blocks in the run game.

I think it might be time to trade Evans, I hate saying it but he is a good player that won't do anything for this team at this point in time. I think we have some nice young WRs in Johnson, Nelson and Jones maybe even Parrish. A lot of teams can use Evans and the return should be decent. Maybe a 2nd rounder or a 3rd.

Fact is we need the picks. This team is not going to be built through FA because A) Ralph won't pay and B) FAs won't come by free will

We need a QB, DE, 2 ILBs, a TE (even if Nelson is good) a NT, 2 OLBs, OT. Those are the pressing needs. So we need the picks to cover this.
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

Re: Kyle Williams should be traded... among others

Trade everyone with some trade value. We can lose by 30 points with warm bodies in there. Make this losing season productive by giving some guys a shot who might otherwise not get snaps. We gotta find a few diamonds in the rough.
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

Troup damn well better have what it takes. Carrington too.
      Those were key picks and we can't afford those two to bust out.
      They should also be getting those two as many reps as possible.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

trade kyle? but he's so close to his $24MM extension. white, high motor DL player who is completely useless to us.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I don't disagree, but I can't see getting anything for Poz or Evans. Evans' contract number is just too big and Poz just sucks.

We could probably get a decent pick for a team with injuries at RB for either Jackson or Lynch, and a 4-3 team would probably give up a mid round pick for KW.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
            • May 2004

I dont' even care what we get for these guys, let somebody else take their contracts. That's really my point.
            "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
              I don't disagree, but I can't see getting anything for Poz or Evans. Evans' contract number is just too big and Poz just sucks.

We could probably get a decent pick for a team with injuries at RB for either Jackson or Lynch, and a 4-3 team would probably give up a mid round pick for KW.
              Don't you think Evans would agree to re-negotiate his contract with a good team with a good QB?

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

Trade Evans to Indy.
                They have injury problems right now at wr and Evans would be a great pickup for them.
                Maybe Polian will throw us a sympathy bone.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                  • Aug 2008

It's not often you see teams sell the house by the trade deadline during the season. If we do, it'll probably be in the offseason.
                  Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

it's true. i watched a number of plays where he was pushed backwards by mangold and completely held in check. i'm sure a 4-3 team out there could use him. lets get a draft pick.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

But Poz had 12 tackles yesterday!!!!!!!
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• k-oneputt
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Philagape
                        But Poz had 12 tackles yesterday!!!!!!!

He sure did, all 8-9 yards downfield.
                        You make alot of tackles playing inside lb when your defense can't get off the field.

Comment

• superbills
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37

Now, Poz is no Ryan Matthews, but he can at least play and has some semblance of a clue. Even Ryan Matthews would struggle a bit being surrounded by the suck that Poz is playing with. While it may not be saying much, he is the best of the bunch we have at LB...save for Chris Kelsay or course
                          "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                          Ronald Reagan
                          40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

It's not saying much but KW was the best Bills defensive player on field yesterday and I'll start worrying about him playing in the 3-4 when we actually run it more than 20% of the time.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by superbills
                              Now, Poz is no Ryan Matthews, but he can at least play and has some semblance of a clue. Even Ryan Matthews would struggle a bit being surrounded by the suck that Poz is playing with. While it may not be saying much, he is the best of the bunch we have at LB...save for Chris Kelsay or course
                              Clay?

Comment

Working...
                              X