PDA

View Full Version : New game for this season: when did you say "it's over"

trapezeus
10-04-2010, 09:19 AM
This year is getting bad and only going to get worse. with gailey calling everyone out and not coddling players, the ones who are uninterested will continue to disengage. Jauron at least coddled them into playing for him and overacheiving a handful of 7-9 seasons.

So with this year being truly a mess.

The game: when did you throw your hands up and say,"they aren't winning this game?"

My moment was when on a goaline play, the jets ran three receivers out into the endzone, and all three were wide open without a bills player in sight.

my actual, "i'm going home now" moment was when LT ran 26 yards untouched into the endzone. Untouched!

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 09:23 AM
I knew it was over when the Jets marched down the field at will and scored on the opening kickoff.

I figured the Jets' D vs our O was a mismatch from the beginning, so our only hope was that our D could force Sanchez into some mistakes. But as soon as it became clear that they could just run the ball down our throats, it was obvious that Sanchez wouldn't have to throw much, and when he did, we'd have 8 in the box so he's be throwing into single coverage. I knew it was over as soon as the Jets went up 7-0.

trapezeus
10-04-2010, 09:27 AM
that was obvious. even more obvious was the fumbled kickoff. I literally looked to my dad who was soaking wet and gave him the "we're are leaving at halftime" look.

i don't care about getting called out as a "non fan" or whatever these die hards say. I asked my uncle on Saturday if he was going to watch the game. he said, "i only watch professional football" He ended up watching on TV and telling me all the stuff he hated, but still. the sentiment was solid. This isn't even passable, professional awfulness. this is somethign we've never seen before since 1985!

i think we are about 2 weeks away from Jay Leno jokes during latenight.

Extremebillsfan247
10-04-2010, 09:27 AM
For me its never over.

Billz_fan
10-04-2010, 09:28 AM
14-0 I started watching the Red Zone channel off an d on :D

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 09:35 AM
For me its never over.

I used to think that way.

I developed that mentality during the SB years- with Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed and Bruce Smith and Biscuit and an offensive line that could block a bulldozer. For that team, it never was over until that final horn sounded.

I managed to keep the mentality for years, even after most or all of those guys were gone. But it slowly faded away and I can tell you the exact moment it completely disappeared: the second game of the 2005 season against Tampa Bay. It was a road game, it was hot, the O was doing nothing, the D was suffering the effects of losing Pat Williams and getting the ball run down our throats. The D was on the field way too long and even though the score was close, by halftime it was clear that we would lose. That's when I realized that the team didn't have the heart or the talent to come back.

And it just got worse when Jauron was hired.

The "it's never over" winner's mentality left Buffalo ages ago, and no one has been able to bring it back.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Mid third quarter after the Long LT TD.....it was clear to me that the guys on the field had given up.

Extremebillsfan247
10-04-2010, 09:52 AM
I used to think that way.

I developed that mentality during the SB years- with Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed and Bruce Smith and Biscuit and an offensive line that could block a bulldozer. For that team, it never was over until that final horn sounded.

I managed to keep the mentality for years, even after most or all of those guys were gone. But it slowly faded away and I can tell you the exact moment it completely disappeared: the second game of the 2005 season against Tampa Bay. It was a road game, it was hot, the O was doing nothing, the D was suffering the effects of losing Pat Williams and getting the ball run down our throats. The D was on the field way too long and even though the score was close, by halftime it was clear that we would lose. That's when I realized that the team didn't have the heart or the talent to come back.

And it just got worse when Jauron was hired.

The "it's never over" winner's mentality left Buffalo ages ago, and no one has been able to bring it back.
I developed my mentality after watching Animal House. lol On a serious note though, maybe I should be angry with whats going on right now with this team but I'm not. I am old enough, and would think I'm mature enough to realize that following this team as passionately as I do is by choice, and not something I'm forced to do. There are far too many things in life to be angry about then to concentrate it on this organization.

My mindset is to always try and find the positives in every situation. Maybe it's the way I've been brought up from childhood. I just can't be angry at this team. When they struggle like they are doing now, Is it disappointing? yes of course it is. But life is just too short to get all doom and gloom over it, so I just don't. Hopefully this makes some sense.

!Papacrunk!
10-04-2010, 10:30 AM
back in -08 Miami was 2-4 before they went on to become 11-5. Schedules are different, but things really can change in the blink of an eye.

Philagape
10-04-2010, 10:34 AM
This game was over at the 2006 draft.