X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bills Juggernaut
    • Aug 2006

Does the Front Office Have a Gameplan?

I'm really getting to the point where I feel the FO doesn't know what they are doing and don't really have a gameplan in place.

I mean, cutting your opening day QB three weeks into the season? Not trading away a RB that doesn't want to be here and you can get value out of? Drafting a RB with the first pick then give him the ball 2 or 3 times a game? Giving a below par Kelsay a big contract extension when he has shown nothing on the field and you weren't even bidding against anyone else? Addressing the horrid OL with a Raider POS who is terrible and then waiting to until the 5th round to draft a OT who has been off the PUP yet? What about putting your 4th round receiver on the IR when he could have been ready to play now and took his rookie lumps in order to keep Donald Jones on the roster? On a defese this bad, you don't even suit up your 3rd round drafted DE to give him some playing time?

I'm sure there is more to add, but so frustrating I can't think straight right now. Feel free to add.

I'm really starting to think that the FO doesn't have any idea what the hell they are doing.
    The One and Only
  • Mindbender
    • Apr 2010

Re: Does the Front Office Have a Gameplan?

Drafting a RB with the first pick then give him the ball 2 or 3 times a game?
    This is the one that really drives me crazy.
    "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
      • Sep 2008

I think they do have a game plan and are enacting upon it. It has been stated by this organization on more than one occasion that it will not be a quick turn around. However, fans who are tired of seeing this team lose year after year are short on patience. Anything this team does that ends in negativity is magnified because of that. So I suspect that the Bills fully expect this kind of reaction from the fan base and see it as a normal circumstance of a rebuild year. JMO

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
        • May 2004

It reeks of inexperience, and lack of knowledge. Every FO is going to whiff on a decision here or there.....but this has been embarrassing from the moment Buddy Nix admitting he was getting a good nights sleep on the eve of free agency.
        "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
        --Leo Durocher

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
          • Aug 2008

Of course they have a gameplan. It's to not have a gameplan.

Ralph just tells everyone to do whatever the F they want, but try harder to save money than to win. And then the master of spin, Mr. Brandon can market the team and a lot of dumb dumbs will still go to the games and buy merchandise anyway so why bother.
          Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

They have a gameplan. This season is our trial season. All the players on the team are getting put on a trial and given a chance to prove whether they belong here or not. If they fail, they will be traded or released after the season or even during the season, like Edwards.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

i think they just don't want players that could be good to get hurt and never play again because they know this team is that bad. they're letting all the ****ty players take the lumps. at least that's what i hope. i hope they are not this stupid.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

The plan does not involve improving the quality of the product on the field. It involves continuing to maximize and grow ticket and merchandise sales as much as possible via the marketing department. It also calls for minimizing operational cost by keeping player and staffing costs to a minimum by not bringing in costly free agents and proven football coaching staff members that demand a high salary.

In other words continue to grow and sell the product without increasing the quality and or cost of the product. This market has proven over years and years that it will support a less than excellent or even marginal product. Keep the product low cost and quality and spend the money selling the product. if the team happens to prove successful all the better it's just not necessary.
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

I thought Marcus Easley had a serious knee injury. Is he really healthy already?

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

bills front office game plan:

1. buy cheap califonia real estate
                    2. drive the bills brand into ground
                    3. move team upon Ralphs death to LA
                    4. work real hard to stay part of new team and show you are worth a few seasons.
                    5. get fired in middle of contract
                    6. sell california home in better economic environment.
                    7. Sail around world on yacht named the SS Ralph Wilson

Comment

• billz83
                      • Mar 2010

HELL NO this incompetent buncha crackheads have NO GAMEPLAN their gameplan is to run the buffalo bills into the F***** GROUND..and they have been successful at it..anyone that thinks these clowns know what they are doing have been living in a cave for the past decade..y the hell havent the fans in BUFFALO took a stand yet?!?! yall should do a walk out of the stadium and let the worthless senile owner KNOW we arent taking it anymore! FORCE him to sell the team because he is the worst owner in NFL history..NO RESPECT for old man wilson and his band of sabotagers!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Here's their gameplan for the last 10 years.

Head
                        Ass
                        In

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

let's sign rEdiculous contract extensions for Whitner, Fitz, and Billy Buffalo while we're at it.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• EDS
                            • Jan 2003

Buddy Nix's gameplan is to collect a few more paychecks before retiring.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bills Juggernaut
                              I'm really getting to the point where I feel the FO doesn't know what they are doing and don't really have a gameplan in place.

I mean, cutting your opening day QB three weeks into the season? Not trading away a RB that doesn't want to be here and you can get value out of? Drafting a RB with the first pick then give him the ball 2 or 3 times a game? Giving a below par Kelsay a big contract extension when he has shown nothing on the field and you weren't even bidding against anyone else? Addressing the horrid OL with a Raider POS who is terrible and then waiting to until the 5th round to draft a OT who has been off the PUP yet? What about putting your 4th round receiver on the IR when he could have been ready to play now and took his rookie lumps in order to keep Donald Jones on the roster? On a defese this bad, you don't even suit up your 3rd round drafted DE to give him some playing time?

I'm sure there is more to add, but so frustrating I can't think straight right now. Feel free to add.

I'm really starting to think that the FO doesn't have any idea what the hell they are doing.
                              After your first sentence, I’m with you step for step in complete agreement.

But I got to know… When did you ever get the impression they knew what they were doing? Where did you get that faith? I would have thought extending Dick Jauron just in time to fire his ass would have been a good indication they didn't know what they were doing...

or trading back into round 1 for JP Losman... or failing to trade up for Ben Roethlisburger... or trading back up for McCargo... or drafting Willis McG in round 1... or drafting 3 RBs in 10 years in round 1... or not drafting a single 1st round QB other then the aforementioned Losman, since Kelly...

How about an extensive and exhaustive search for a new gm to take this team in a new direction, and only interviewing 1 guy seriously... someone already in the FO... then after an exhaustive search for a HC, they sign a guy 2 years removed from any football (more then a decade from pro football), jiggin' for catfish in his retirement... who obviously knew nothing about the team days after signing on the dotted line as evidenced by his first press conference (not a good sign I’d say… if your new head coach doesn’t even know who’s on your team).

Followed by an offseason from hell... where your GM sleeps through the start of FA, then drafts the 3rd RB in 10 years in round one... on a team with 2 1000 yard rushers... both in their prime and with no injuries... then proceed to ignore both the QB and OT position... draft a 4th or 5th round talent at NT, in round 2... draft a DE so worthless he doesn't even get reps... ON THIS TEAM (i mean seriously... if you can't get on the field with this D-line, you've no business in the NFL)...

ugh... I think what frustrates me is your outrage at having expectations smashed...

Leading up to this season there was no sign a rational person could possibly take as being positive about the direction of this team.
                              Last edited by Ingtar33; 10-04-2010, 08:30 PM.
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X