• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Could Gailey get Cam Cemeron'd?

It's WAY WAY too early to call for Gailey's head though some already have....

But if we are at 0-13, or only end up winning 0, 1, or 2 games, does anybody think Gailey could be fired like Cameron was in Miami?

Im personally on the fence about it, on one hand this team has no talent at all. On the other his game plans have been inconsistent, and really don't use what players we have to the best of their abilities imo. So I dont know, what say you?

Would you give him another season?
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Could Gailey get Cam Cemeron'd?

If he is not willing to fire George Edwards and hand over the play calling duties to an OC next year...he would absolutely be fired.

Comment

• EricStratton
      • Jul 2002

I think it would have to be things that happen behind the scenes if he were to get canned.

Nothing on the field would do it.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

He NEEDS to fire George Edwards today...this guy is in WAY over his head. He's absolutely clueless as a DC.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i don't know. it's too early to tell.

with whitner saying that they knew exactly what was coming, suggests that the coaches broke the film down correctly. they just don't have the talent.

on the other hand they told someone that kelsay was worth $24mm. they also look terrible in the 3rd quarter, which was something i thought we'd do without once jauron was gone. i thought we'd make adjustments. we don't.

keep playing the games, and we'll evaluate at the end of the year.

Comment

• superbills
            • Mar 2003

It sounds like he and Nix are too tight... I predict he gets at least one more year
            "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
            Ronald Reagan
            40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
              • Nov 2009

I defend Gailey. I will say this...if we run the ball 9 times in a game again, and are not getting the ball to the RB's via pass... then we look into this a little deeper.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

They won't fire him. Nix does not want to go through trying to get someone to coach here again for as long as he can hold off. It's not easy trying to land a coach and at the same time keep up the perception that the phone is ringing off the hook.

If asking me if he can stay ? sure I don't really care because they will just end up giving the job to an even lesser known staff member.
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

I expect Buddy Nix to retire within the next 18 months and I can't see Chan lasting beyond that.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                    I defend Gailey. I will say this...if we run the ball 9 times in a game again, and are not getting the ball to the RB's via pass... then we look into this a little deeper.

Ok, we ran the ball 14 times in week 1.

Is that time to look into it deeper?

9 times in a blowout isn't shocking...too much, 14 times in a tight game is piss poor game management and play calling.

Comment

• Demon
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                      If he is not willing to fire George Edwards and hand over the play calling duties to an OC next year...he would absolutely be fired.
                      Firing Edwards will do nothing for us. All the guys Gailey interviewed for the D.C. position were jokes. They all had one thing that was consistent about them, they were all proven losers.

Actually, his ENTIRE coaching staff are proven losers.
                      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

I can see us upgrade the DC position and letting Edwards take a step back to LB coach or DL coach.

but Gailey is not going to be fired this year or even next year. This is rebuilding and until they flush out the roster and Nix feels he's brought in plenty of adequate players the coaching seat will not be touched.

but I guess we need another topic to ***** about. God knows we could use another one of these.

Comment

• Stewie
                          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                          • Aug 2002

give up on the best option we had this last offseason, for what? Who is going to want to rebuild buffalo? A high school coach?
                          Originally posted by Topdog
                          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                          Originally posted by mercyrule
                          I love Weiner.
                          Originally posted by mercyrule
                          also cheese

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

If he wins even a single game, I think Gailey stays. Stewie nailed it - who else will we hire? We tried the best we could last offseason to get big names, are any coordinators really going to want to come in here? Having the #1 pick overall may be tempting, but I still don't see anyone else wanting the job that much.

In the end, Gailey stays. If we go 0-16, I have a feeling it will end up similar to the offseason following the 2008, when Jauron was close to being fired, but was kept on because of the extension he had just signed that year (my goodness that was a horrible move).
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                              If he wins even a single game, I think Gailey stays. Stewie nailed it - who else will we hire? We tried the best we could last offseason to get big names, are any coordinators really going to want to come in here? Having the #1 pick overall may be tempting, but I still don't see anyone else wanting the job that much.

In the end, Gailey stays. If we go 0-16, I have a feeling it will end up similar to the offseason following the 2008, when Jauron was close to being fired, but was kept on because of the extension he had just signed that year (my goodness that was a horrible move).
                              I dont see why they wouldn't, Frazier clearly was interested and he's considered a hot coordinating name. Hell at this point Id give a college coach a shot.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X