• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Gaily vs Jouron

How is it that virtually the same team goes from back to back 7-9 seasons,

improve ( as many of you argued that we would be better this season -addition through subtraction, in coaching etc)

and then start the season 0-4, looking like 0-16 is a possibility?

How can you Improve and at the same time win way less?

I predicted when Gaily was Hired along with Nix that at the end of the Gaily's tenure in Buffalo most competent fans would agree that Gaily was worst than Jouron

Equally, I predicted the Jouron was a bad, bad hire, worst that his predecessor.

AS it Stands, Do you Now Think that Gaily & Nix were the right hiring choices???

Do agree that lack of Talent is one of the Biggest Problems with the Bills?
    Please Make Sense
  • streetkings01
    • Jul 2006

Re: Gaily vs Jouron

This is not the same team. Totally different scheme offensively and defensively. The issue is Jauron had 3.5 to build the team the way he wanted to and failed. Gailey hasn't even had a full season yet with alot of new players. Gailey didnt inherit McGahee, Fletcher, Spikes, Clements, Schobel, Gandy, Peters, Villareal and Greer. Jauron inherited a team that had some talent especially on defense.........he just screwed it up with his stupid scheme intead of just tweaking it an adding some young talent to it!
    You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Prov401
      President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
      • Aug 2008

I said this yesterday. Gailey is in over his head. George Edwards should be a college LB's coach, not an NFL Defensive Coordinator. Jauron sucked, and change was desperately needed. But we actually got somebody worse, though I didn't think it was possible. Fact is, Jauron played with the same exact team, and with a ton of injuries the last few years. And he was still able to keep this team at a medicore level.

We need to bottom out and totally rebuild this team. Evans needs to go. One of our RB's needs to go. Pos needs to go. McCargo needs to go. Youboty needs to go. And we need to sign 2-3 big free agents (WR, DE, OL). Draft a franchise QB. And literally draft the best 4 LB's possible in next years draft becuase that position is absolutely disgusting on this team. Hopefully we can get Chan to pull a Mularky and resign, because I just think his 90's playbook is old and played out.

Comment

• Prov401
        President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
        This is not the same team. Totally different scheme offensively and defensively. The issue is Jauron had 3.5 to build the team the way he wanted to and failed. Gailey hasn't even had a full season yet with alot of new players. Gailey didnt inherit McGahee, Fletcher, Spikes, Clements, Schobel, Gandy, Peters, Villareal and Greer. Jauron inherited a team that had some talent especially on defense.........he just screwed it up with his stupid scheme intead of just tweaking it an adding some young talent to it!
        As an NFL head coach, your supposed to have your team ready at the begining of the season whether your switching schemes or not. Mike McCarthy switched schemes with GB last year, and got into the playoffs. We are seeing no improvement at all on our defense. Nothing. Not one player stands out. Are the players that f'n dumb? Or are the coaches doing a bad job? I tend to think the latter, because our used to be 'top 5' secondary looks like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off back there.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Jauron went 7-9 his first year with a crap o-line, no QB, no weapons in the offense and a defense that didn't fit his scheme.

What's different now?

Besides the fact that we're gonna go 2-14 at best.

Comment

• G Wolly
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
            As an NFL head coach, your supposed to have your team ready at the begining of the season whether your switching schemes or not. Mike McCarthy switched schemes with GB last year, and got into the playoffs. We are seeing no improvement at all on our defense. Nothing. Not one player stands out. Are the players that f'n dumb? Or are the coaches doing a bad job? I tend to think the latter, because our used to be 'top 5' secondary looks like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off back there.
            Last year was also McCarthy's 3rd season as Packers coach.

McCarthy has Rodgers, Driver, Jennings, Grant, Woodson, Hawk, and so on.

Comparing Gailey and this cast of ****-ups with the Green Bay Packers isn't fair.

Comment

• streetkings01
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
              He also had an offense that spent the past 3 seasons together and knew the scheme like the back of their hands. He also had a defense that actually fit the 3-4 personnel wise unlike us. Look at the Packers LBs when they ran a 3-4......all of them weigh 250+. And unlike Jauron McCarthy believed in having big DTs instead of small and quick guys who get mauled by real NFL guards!
              You can call me streetkings

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

is the spelling in this thread serious?
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• G Wolly
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by King Bedard
                  is the spelling in this thread serious?
                  Well, at least he spelled "predecessor" right.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

as serious as a hart attacc

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

one thing that is hard to ignore is that the "new" regime (i put new in quotes since most of these guys have been here and nothing changed) is that they tried to throw it all on jauron. He made all the made decisions on players, he was the one to put people on IR too quickly.

Yet under the new leadership still picks crappy players, the new regime still IR's people too quickly. they still need to cut people extremely late instead of giving the team a shot.

Nothing has changed. It's all a street game where they have you watching one card, while the ace was never on the table.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                        • Jan 2010

how many playoff teams did jauron beat because we went up agasint all playoff teams......

end thread

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mike
                          How is it that virtually the same team goes from back to back 7-9 seasons,

improve ( as many of you argued that we would be better this season -addition through subtraction, in coaching etc)

and then start the season 0-4, looking like 0-16 is a possibility?

How can you Improve and at the same time win way less?

I predicted when Gaily was Hired along with Nix that at the end of the Gaily's tenure in Buffalo most competent fans would agree that Gaily was worst than Jouron

Equally, I predicted the Jouron was a bad, bad hire, worst that his predecessor.

AS it Stands, Do you Now Think that Gaily & Nix were the right hiring choices???

Do agree that lack of Talent is one of the Biggest Problems with the Bills?
                          New offensive scheme and switching to a 3/4 using players not built for it will do that. That's what happens when a fan base wants change so vigorously. The results are almost never favorable at the start. JMO

Comment

• Mike
                            • Jan 2009

I said this yesterday. Gailey is in over his head. George Edwards should be a college LB's coach, not an NFL Defensive Coordinator. Jauron sucked, and change was desperately needed. But we actually got somebody worse, though I didn't think it was possible. Fact is, Jauron played with the same exact team, and with a ton of injuries the last few years. And he was still able to keep this team at a medicore level.

We need to bottom out and totally rebuild this team. Evans needs to go. One of our RB's needs to go. Pos needs to go. McCargo needs to go. Youboty needs to go. And we need to sign 2-3 big free agents (WR, DE, OL). Draft a franchise QB. And literally draft the best 4 LB's possible in next years draft becuase that position is absolutely disgusting on this team. Hopefully we can get Chan to pull a Mularky and resign, because I just think his 90's playbook is old and played out.
                            Could not agree more!
                            Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
                              • Jan 2009

New offensive scheme and switching to a 3/4 using players not built for it will do that. That's what happens when a fan base wants change so vigorously. The results are almost never favorable at the start. JMO
                              Sounds like you want to give him 3 or 4 more years to prove his ineptitude beyond a reasonable doubt.
                              Please Make Sense

Comment

Working...
                              X