PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps the worst part....

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 01:42 PM
is that the best case scenario still SUCKS. Let's say that my thread about the team being Major League'd is pure paranoia. Let's say that Ralph sells the team to a new ownership group that keeps the team in Buffalo. Let's say that Nix and Gailey really are capable of rebuilding this team.

Well, we are STILL at least 3, and probably 4, years from winning from a personnel standpoint. People have posted comparisons ranging from the Bills in the early 80's to the Chargers in the early 2000's, but every single comparison took several years. On top of that, we've all seen the product on the field and we all know that we are a long way off talent-wise.

So, best case scenario is that it is 2-3 more years of bull**** before we can really compete in the NFL.

Thanks for nothing, Ralph.

Ebenezer
10-04-2010, 01:44 PM
is that the best case scenario still SUCKS. Let's say that my thread about the team being Major League'd is pure paranoia. Let's say that Ralph sells the team to a new ownership group that keeps the team in Buffalo. Let's say that Nix and Gailey really are capable of rebuilding this team.

Well, we are STILL at least 3, and probably 4, years from winning from a personnel standpoint. People have posted comparisons ranging from the Bills in the early 80's to the Chargers in the early 2000's, but every single comparison took several years. On top of that, we've all seen the product on the field and we all know that we are a long way off talent-wise.

So, best case scenario is that it is 2-3 more years of bull**** before we can really compete in the NFL.

Playoffs are a real possibility....in 2014.

RockStar36
10-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I'll be more open to the rebuilding process as soon as they start competing a little bit more. Right now I just want this particular season to be over with. They aren't even in the games (except last week). It's difficult to even watch anymore.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
I'll be more open to the rebuilding process as soon as they start competing a little bit more. Right now I just want this particular season to be over with. They aren't even in the games (except last week). It's difficult to even watch anymore.

We've played 4 games.

In two of the games (GB and NJB), we were completely incompetent on both sides of the ball.

Against NE, the O was decent but the D was horrendous.
Against Miami, the D was decent but the O was horrendous.

So, through 4 games, each side of the ball has 1 adequate effort and 3 pathetic ones.

Is it ****ing hockey season yet?

DesertFox24
10-04-2010, 01:50 PM

Yes it sucks but if we are good for 10 straight years sucking for this year 2011 and 2012 being a 500 year will have been worth it.

Do you think Chargers fans and Colts fan care they sucked for years before they drafted Manning and Rivers, or if they would go through it again to be on the ride they are on now. I guarantee they would all say hell yes, winning 12 games a year for how many years is worth the years of sucking.

Yes it sucks but we can not blame Nix and Gailey for stuff that happened before 1 Jan 2010.

Ebenezer
10-04-2010, 01:51 PM
We've played 4 games.

In two of the games (GB and NJB), we were completely incompetent on both sides of the ball.

Against NE, the O was decent but the D was horrendous.
Against Miami, the D was decent but the O was horrendous.

So, through 4 games, each side of the ball has 1 adequate effort and 3 pathetic ones.

Friday.

RockStar36
10-04-2010, 01:52 PM

Almost.

But for some reason, I don't see that bringing your frustration level down any.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Friday.

can't come soon enough.

cocamide
10-04-2010, 01:53 PM

No, but it is time for the Rays to make their World Series run.

Ebenezer
10-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Almost.

You know exactly what's coming when Buffalo loses a game 2-1 or Roy sucks for two shifts and Vanek goes a game without a goal...

Johnny Bugmenot
10-04-2010, 02:12 PM
All the Bills need to do is find their Danny Briere.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Almost.

eh, I tend to have higher expectations for the Sabres than the Bills, but at least the Sabres should be competitive.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 02:24 PM
You know exactly what's coming when Buffalo loses a game 2-1 or Roy sucks for two shifts and Vanek goes a game without a goal...

If Roy only sucked for 2 shifts instead of 2 years, or if Vanek only went 1 game without a goal instead of 10, you wouldn't hear me complaining.

Ebenezer
10-04-2010, 02:29 PM
If Roy only sucked for 2 shifts instead of 2 years, or if Vanek only went 1 game without a goal instead of 10, you wouldn't hear me complaining.

the defense rests your honor.

don137
10-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Playoffs are a real possibility....in 2014.
Sadly, we are always saying maybe in a few more years they will turn it around. Then between now and then they do enough gaffs to have to start over again.

billz83
10-04-2010, 02:49 PM
F*** wilson we have been rebuilding since the mid 90z!!!!! thas over 15 F****** years of rebuilding..and sum of these koolaid drinkin fans have the balls to say sum of the realists arent fans because we wont accept this GARBAGE?!? Maybe of the koolaid drinkers took a stand and stopped supportin senile wilson and his sabotagers we could see a turn around a lot sooner..either way wilson needs to hurry the hell up and get the **** off this planet.

malo
10-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Nix is part of the problem too. The man's an idiot.

Beebe's Kid
10-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Nix is part of the problem too. The man's an idiot.

What the **** are you basing this on?

Have you heard of the CBA? That kind of ****ed up the off season as far as free agency goes....If there is a lockout...underclassmen won't declare, making the draft very thin...so your bright ****ing idea of trading everybody for a 4th round pick would be a big mistake. You have very good ideas, and on Madden they work like a charm...in real life there is a lot of **** you, clearly, are unable to wrap your head around.

I know it's frustrating, but your stupidity is almost as maddening as their play.

You also aren't a very good listener. Nix has said this was going to be a process, yet after 4 games you want the immediate results? I wish it was that easy, but it's definitely not.

Also...I know everybody knows the Kelsay was a bad idea...maybe it was good in intention, but as far as what we need...fail. Do you think it was Nix that said "sign this guy to an extension...it's been 3 bad games, and he's looked like ****....extend him!!" NO. He didn't sign him.

SABURZFAN
10-04-2010, 03:26 PM
this team would have a hard time winning in the UFL.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 09:56 PM
What the **** are you basing this on?

Have you heard of the CBA? That kind of ****ed up the off season as far as free agency goes....If there is a lockout...underclassmen won't declare, making the draft very thin...so your bright ****ing idea of trading everybody for a 4th round pick would be a big mistake. You have very good ideas, and on Madden they work like a charm...in real life there is a lot of **** you, clearly, are unable to wrap your head around.

I know it's frustrating, but your stupidity is almost as maddening as their play.

You also aren't a very good listener. Nix has said this was going to be a process, yet after 4 games you want the immediate results? I wish it was that easy, but it's definitely not.

Also...I know everybody knows the Kelsay was a bad idea...maybe it was good in intention, but as far as what we need...fail. Do you think it was Nix that said "sign this guy to an extension...it's been 3 bad games, and he's looked like ****....extend him!!" NO. He didn't sign him.
wow, your anger is rooted in nothing but pure homerism.

Picture this: we have 2 good running backs, yet we use a top 10 draft pick on an RB THAT WE DON'T EVEN USE.

Trent Edwards is named the starter, then cut after 3 weeks. Jamon Meredith- cut after 4 weeks. If Nix is so great, why did it take him so long to make these personnel decisions? Posters on this board could have told him that these guys suck.

And if he didn't sign Kelsay, who did? The ****ing tooth fairy? I know many people have speculated that Ralph was involved, and that's quite possible, but we have no proof and Buddy Nix's signature is the one on the bottom of that contract, not Ralph's.

Oh, and if FA was so ****ed up this off-season, how do you explain the Jets, Pats, and Dolphins ALL getting better? Why are there options out there for them but not for us?

Yes, it's a process, and no one expected us to be 4-0 and averaging 40 points a game by now. But the season is 1/4 over and we have yet to see ANY improvement over last year. In fact, the team has regressed in several key areas.

It's nice to think that Buddy Nix is going to come in and fix everything, but the guy has already made some key mistakes.

malo
10-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks Op. Saved me the trouble and touched on every point. Like I said, Buddy Nix is an idiot. A bumbling idiot.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks Op. Saved me the trouble and touched on every point. Like I said, Buddy Nix is an idiot. A bumbling idiot.

I'm holding out hope that he'll learn from his mistakes and get better, but at this point it's very possible that he's a bumbling idiot.

djjimkelly
10-04-2010, 10:05 PM

its been difficult to watch for a few years now

malo
10-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Don't forget he was here a full year before being GM. If he wasn't such a stupid idiot, he would have had his ducks in a row. He would have know exactly what the team needed and lacked. He was national scouting director and oversaw the Maybin pick.