PDA

View Full Version : The Bills need to trade Evans and Lynch...

Ebenezer
10-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Complete the fire sale and get something for these guys. This team is terrible so might as well get some value while you can. Evans will be retired by the time this team is ready for the playoffs and the "three headed monster" is a joke. They can trade Jackson and Kyle Williams while they are at it. Those guys work hard and deserve to play for a team with a fighting chance at .500. I would love to see the Bills end up with at least 10 draft choices next year.

wmoz11
10-04-2010, 01:59 PM
We'd be selling very low on Evans. It's not worth trading him right now for the return that we could expect. I am, though, in favor of trading him this offseason - for both his sake and ours.

bigbub2352
10-04-2010, 02:01 PM
get a 2nd for evans and a 3rd for lynch would be nice...but our frontoffice it will be a 4th for evans and a 7th for lynch

k-oneputt
10-04-2010, 02:14 PM
They would get anywhere from a 3rd to a 7th for any player on this team outside of Spiller or Wood.

Ebenezer
10-04-2010, 02:23 PM
They would get anywhere from a 3rd to a 7th for any player on this team outside of Spiller or Wood.

There are guys on this team that will never play in the NFL again...some are worthless.

don137
10-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I see two potential problems. One, who would pay to see this team if they unloaded all the talent and two if history is any indication I am not so sure the Bills would draft the right quality players with the picks they receive.

Ebenezer
10-04-2010, 02:31 PM
I see two potential problems. One, who would pay to see this team if they unloaded all the talent and two if history is any indication I am not so sure the Bills would draft the right quality players with the picks they receive.

Tix are paid for...they aren't going to sell any more whether lynch or evans are here or not.

k-oneputt
10-04-2010, 02:34 PM

Good points. I got news for you though, there will not be many people at the stadium the rest of the season either way, outside of Pitt.
As for the draft, I can't disagree there. Ten years of bad picks add up. This new regime seems to like the Sunbelt Conf, for premium picks. go fiqure. I hope they are right.

don137
10-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Tix are paid for...they aren't going to sell any more whether lynch or evans are here or not.
I have no problem with trading Lynch. We have depth. But to do a firesale and unload everyone affects future years sales. If their is a season next year what happens to the season ticket base or suite sales? At least you and Clump may end up with front row upper deck 50 yard line season tix.

Ebenezer
10-04-2010, 02:41 PM
I have no problem with trading Lynch. We have depth. But to do a firesale and unload everyone affects future years sales. If their is a season next year what happens to the season ticket base or suite sales? At least you and Clump may end up with front row upper deck 50 yard line season tix.

Of course you don't trade those with promise but if they go 1-15 with this roster or 0-16 with only Spiller, Wood, Levitre and a few others around does it matter?

mikemac2001
10-04-2010, 02:43 PM
trading evans creates another hole

i don't like the Idea unless it was something crazy like a 1st and 3rd

i don't want a 2nd then draft a wr to replace him in the 2nd and is a bust.

Ickybaluky
10-04-2010, 02:46 PM
I don't see the rush to make a trade. The Bills are going to want draft picks back, and the draft isn't until April. Unless a team gives fair value, they can just wait. If someone gives them a decent trade, then I guess they can jump on it, but the Bills always have the option of waiting and trading in the offseason.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 02:51 PM
trading evans creates another hole

i don't like the Idea unless it was something crazy like a 1st and 3rd

i don't want a 2nd then draft a wr to replace him in the 2nd and is a bust.

How so? Evans got his wish- Fitz threw deep balls to him 4 times. 3 were catchable and he missed them all. He's part of the problem.

The biggest problem with trading Evans is his monster contract. Nobody will want it.

mikemac2001
10-04-2010, 03:11 PM
How so? Evans got his wish- Fitz threw deep balls to him 4 times. 3 were catchable and he missed them all. He's part of the problem.

The biggest problem with trading Evans is his monster contract. Nobody will want it.

Evans had a bad game but usually when the ball is thrown to him he will catch it, he almost stole that one from cromatrie

not going to knock him for a bad game is he a true #1 i dont think so but i don't like creating another hole.

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Evans had a bad game but usually when the ball is thrown to him he will catch it, he almost stole that one from cromatrie

not going to knock him for a bad game is he a true #1 i dont think so but i don't like creating another hole.

at this point I really don't think it matters. He'll be gone by the time we find and develop a QB anyway.

BertSquirtgum
10-04-2010, 03:29 PM
i'd be happy with just trading evans. it's apparent that the doesn't want to be here.

SABURZFAN
10-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Complete the fire sale and get something for these guys. This team is terrible so might as well get some value while you can. Evans will be retired by the time this team is ready for the playoffs and the "three headed monster" is a joke. They can trade Jackson and Kyle Williams while they are at it. Those guys work hard and deserve to play for a team with a fighting chance at .500. I would love to see the Bills end up with at least 10 draft choices next year.

a complete firesale would be getting rid of The Old Fart and Billy Buffalo too.

Always Sunny
10-04-2010, 06:00 PM
get a 2nd for evans and a 3rd for lynch would be nice...but our frontoffice it will be a 4th for evans and a 7th for lynch

And with that 4th and 7th rounders they'd add another blocking tight end and linebacker depth...but both should be able to help out on special teams!

YardRat
10-04-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm OK with a fire sale.

jamze132
10-05-2010, 08:31 AM
There are quite a few teams that would probably give up a 2nd or 3rd for Evans. 31 other teams knows that Evans is wasting away in Buffalo.

Jimbuktu
10-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Evans sucks. Can we cut the BS already?