PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Shawn Nelson

patmoran2006
10-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Jay Skurski (Bflo News) says that Nelson had surgery four weeks ago (knew that) on his groin. And that he's still feeling it (didn't know that)

I did the research: By rule, if Nelson is not ready to play on Sunday the Bills can use a 1-game exemption and technically have 54 players on the active roster.

If he can play, someone has to go (and I still think it's Meredith)

But if he doesn't play, the team doesn't have to make a move THIS week if he's not ready to play, but would have to the following week no matter what.

So there is a chance, that nothing happens this week.

Ebenezer
10-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Jay Skurski (Bflo News) says that Nelson had surgery four weeks ago (knew that) on his groin. And that he's still feeling it (didn't know that)

I did the research: By rule, if Nelson is not ready to play on Sunday the Bills can use a 1-game exemption and technically have 54 players on the active roster.

If he can play, someone has to go (and I still think it's Meredith)

But if he doesn't play, the team doesn't have to make a move THIS week if he's not ready to play, but would have to the following week no matter what.

So there is a chance, that nothing happens this week.

The following week is the bye...they don't have to do anything until 10/18

OpIv37
10-04-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't know why we're worried about making a move for Nelson. There are about 45 guys on the 53 man roster who could be cut without upsetting anyone.

patmoran2006
10-04-2010, 02:42 PM
The following week is the bye...they don't have to do anything until 10/18
No, I believe its a "one week" roster exemption, not a "one game".. But that I do not know for sure and will find out.. Good point.

RoscoeMagic
10-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Wrotto made the roster for Meredith. So I guess we will use that exemption? One more spot on the PS, who's it gonna be!

patmoran2006
10-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Wrotto made the roster for Meredith. So I guess we will use that exemption? One more spot on the PS, who's it gonna be!
I would think Wrotto goes back to PS when Nelson plays since they already have Wang.. But who knows anymore.

trapezeus
10-04-2010, 04:18 PM
i like the idea of letting players go from the bills mean that some other team will pick them up.

i can conservatively estimate that you could part way with over 50% of the team and still pick that player back up after waivers whenever you need.

patmoran2006
10-04-2010, 05:01 PM
The Bills definitely don't (and may not) activate him this week.. But I'm still trying to find out if they'd have until 4pm Saturday on the bye week or before the Ravens game (after the bye) to make their move with Nelson.

more cowbell
10-04-2010, 07:00 PM
cut donte whitner

or aaron maybin

or john mccargo

or marshawn lynch

jimmifli
10-04-2010, 07:08 PM
cut donte whitner

or aaron maybin

or john mccargo

Ha ha shows what you know. Those guys aren't even on the team, if they were I would've noticed them on the field.