X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Billy Shaw says the Bills are staying in Buffalo

I flew up from Atlanta to see the nightmare on Abbott St. Anyway I had a chance to talk to Billy Shaw who was up for the newest wall of fame inductee.

He confirmed that a deal is in play with Jim Kelly and an ownership team to keep the team in Buffalo.

Now this guy lives in Toccoa, GA so I'm not sure how much inside info this guy has considering he played for the team the year I was born but I would think that he talks to enough guys around the team that his info would be semi-reliable.

He also said that this is the reason that Kelly is not as outspoken about the team and it's moves because he wants to be respectful to Wilson.

Take this info for what it is worth.
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Re: Billy Shaw says the Bills are staying in Buffalo

I'll believe it because I want to. If I could stop feeling like they are going to suck out, then pack the ****ing vans, I would be a little more patient.

Comment

• wmoz11
      • Sep 2008

Mario Lemieux saved my Penguins, maybe Jim Kelly will save my Bills!

He should come back to play just like Mario did.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

I still have faith.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I want this to be true so bad but there's not enough concrete information there to believe it.

Plus there is one thing that makes me really skeptical: WTF is Wilson waiting for? He could croak at any second, plus the fans are sick of his nonsense. If a deal is imminent, there is no reason to put it off.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
            Will not tolerate vandalism.
            • Apr 2006

People are waiting to see if he croaks before the estate tax expires, that's my best guess. Why spend full dollar when you can get the same thing a lot cheaper at an estate auction?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
              I want this to be true so bad but there's not enough concrete information there to believe it.

Plus there is one thing that makes me really skeptical: WTF is Wilson waiting for? He could croak at any second, plus the fans are sick of his nonsense. If a deal is imminent, there is no reason to put it off.

It could be for tax reasons that neither of us understand.

For example, he could leave the team to his wife (no estate tax) who then sells it to the new group (and maybe even keeping partial ownership). She can then use the proceeds of the sale to pay the capital gains tax. But the deal could be structured in annual payments. Which would not be good to but directly from Ralph since he could die in the middle of the payments.

I am not saying that is the case - but there might be reasons to let the team be passed on through his death and then sold.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                People are waiting to see if he croaks before the estate tax expires, that's my best guess. Why spend full dollar when you can get the same thing a lot cheaper at an estate auction?
                Because it is an auction and somebody could drive the price up.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

You're assuming Ralph is being rational, which is the opposite of the truth. He's the most stubborn old fart ever.

I too hope this is true. I want to believe it so badly. Imagine a team without a adversely meddling owner and bring in football people and let them do football things. What a concept.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                    • Mar 2004

I will believe it when i see it.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

I heard this right from Billy Shaw and I'm skeptical. Jim Kelly could be talking crap while he's picking up girls for all I know.

As far as why not now I could give you a thousand reasons. Estate issues, ego, etc. Maybe he feels like it keeps him young. Who knows?

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                        • Feb 2009

The reason he hasn't sold it cause it's been his baby for 50 years and wants to see a superbowl. Unfortuntaly he's too old for that and has no idea how to run a team.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

i also seen a Donald Trump rumor out there hope he is part of the buying team Kelly might have together...he would be a ice swift kick in the ass this organization needs
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Ralph likes being the only owner to the team. there are only a few guys who have been able to do this. If he made it through the 70's and 80's, he sure as hell isn't giving up with a couple minutes remaining on the clock and with $50MM in net profit coming in annually. it makes sense why he wouldn't sell.

i am just having a tough time understanding why the owneres will approve a below market deal and/or a lack of new stadium. Especiallyt he jones' who hate the revenue sharing agreement and think that luxury box revenue is a stable stream.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              I flew up from Atlanta to see the nightmare on Abbott St. Anyway I had a chance to talk to Billy Shaw who was up for the newest wall of fame inductee.

He confirmed that a deal is in play with Jim Kelly and an ownership team to keep the team in Buffalo.

Now this guy lives in Toccoa, GA so I'm not sure how much inside info this guy has considering he played for the team the year I was born but I would think that he talks to enough guys around the team that his info would be semi-reliable.

He also said that this is the reason that Kelly is not as outspoken about the team and it's moves because he wants to be respectful to Wilson.

Take this info for what it is worth.

i'll have to talk with the team chef to confirm this.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X