PDA

View Full Version : Lynch almost traded last week...

Prov401
10-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Shefter just reported on Monday Night countdown that the Bills were 'very close' to trading Lynch last weekend. He also said that it's going to take a big offer to lure him away from Buffalo, and that a likely trade would include a starting player and a draft pick.

tampabay25690
10-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Starting player and draft pick would be great...
Someone that can maybe rush the passer or tackle in the front 7 would be a good start....

theanswer74
10-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Someone that can maybe rush the passer or tackle in the front 7 would be a good start....

Antwan Barnes was traded to Philly, I dont know if he would qualify for a starting player, but he could start here at OLB.

better days
10-04-2010, 06:32 PM

Just about ANY position other than RB, P, or K would work.

YardRat
10-04-2010, 06:39 PM
A player and a pick would be very cool.

DraftBoy
10-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Ill take a conditional this year and a late one next and say thank you very much.

kingJofNYC
10-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Did he report on this "close" deal last week? It took him a week to find out about it? Honestly, it's hard to believe that anyone in the media knows what's going when it seems like the front office doesn't even know.

From an outsider point of view, it clearly looks like Lynch has been put on display the last few weeks. Injuries continue to pile up for many teams, you now have more potential suitors for his services. Still expect a deal to go down.

Jason15215
10-04-2010, 06:57 PM
If the Steelers could only get a 5th for Santonio Holmes (I know he was suspended for 4 games) I dont see us getting much for Lynch 1/4 of the way thru the season. If we got higher than a 3rd Id be shocked. Although ID love to see a fire sale but this is the NFL and not the NHL

tampabay25690
10-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Who knows.
We need help everywhere........

Night Train
10-04-2010, 07:14 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Ebenezer
10-04-2010, 07:28 PM
I have a better chance of having sex every night for a year with Salma Hayek than the Bills getting a starter and a choice for Lynch.

Ferrygoat
10-04-2010, 07:32 PM
I have a better chance of having sex every night for a year with Salma Hayek than the Bills getting a starter and a choice for Lynch.

So you're saying there's a chance?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGdhc9k07Ms

Mr. Pink
10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Oh good, that means we won't trade him.

The franchise overvaluing players strikes again!

hydro014
10-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Adam_Schefter

Bills seriously contemplated trading Marshawn Lynch last week but stood pat. Not to say he is untradeable, but will take a lot to get Lynch.

This was his tweet. Do you think the "stood pat" was really needed, or is he telling everyone something without really saying it? Could we really trade him to the Pats?

ESPN insider, in the rumors section, on Sept 29th also stated that the Pats could be very interested.

"One other speculative option (in addition to the ones below) is the New England Patriots, who lost Kevin Faulk for the season and have Fred Taylor already banged up. Intra-division trading is usually rare, but not a total impossibility. Lynch's skills in blitz pickup could be a key factor in determining whether he's a fit in Foxborough, as this was a major part of what Faulk brought to the table. -ESPN"

I just don't see the Pats giving up much for Lynch, or even being interested. One thing I do know, it would suck to see him twice a year.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Adam_Schefter

Bills seriously contemplated trading Marshawn Lynch last week but stood pat. Not to say he is untradeable, but will take a lot to get Lynch.

This was his tweet. Do you think the "stood pat" was really needed, or is he telling everyone something without really saying it? Could we really trade him to the Pats?

ESPN insider, in the rumors section, on Sept 29th also stated that the Pats could be very interested.

"One other speculative option (in addition to the ones below) is the New England Patriots, who lost Kevin Faulk for the season and have Fred Taylor already banged up. Intra-division trading is usually rare, but not a total impossibility. Lynch's skills in blitz pickup could be a key factor in determining whether he's a fit in Foxborough, as this was a major part of what Faulk brought to the table. -ESPN"

I just don't see the Pats giving up much for Lynch, or even being interested. One thing I do know, it would suck to see him twice a year.

New England would need to give up Volmer for this to happen and no way they do.

Lexwhat
10-04-2010, 11:03 PM
So you're saying there's a chance?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGdhc9k07Ms

:rofl:

don137
10-05-2010, 04:18 AM
I would take NE 2nd round pick from Carolina next year for Lynch. I know its a pipedream but lets face it. Green Bay, NE and Philly are playoff teams needing a RB. Let the bidding begin.

Beebe's Kid
10-05-2010, 06:22 AM
It would be super cool to see our guys trying to tackle Lynch, if he were on the Pats.

dannyek71
10-05-2010, 08:05 AM
A starter for us or a starter for another team. There is a big difference.