PDA

View Full Version : T.O. has twice as many yards for the season as the top Bills receiver

Cleve
10-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Top Bills receiver is Steve Johnson, with 168 yards for the season

T.O. has 374 yards for the season.

In fact, T.O. has almost as many yards receiving as the top 3 Buffalo receivers combined. And almost 4 times as many yards as the vaunted Lee Evans.

And T.O. had a huge 200+ yd game yesterday against the Browns.

I guess he's 'shot' though - good thing Buffalo cut him.

NextbillsQB
10-04-2010, 07:42 PM
We didnt keep him because we knew this year was going to be a rebuilding so why would you have a 37 year old WR on a rebuilding team? We also wanted to develop the young talent at WR (Johnson, Hardy, Parrish, rookies)

patmoran2006
10-04-2010, 07:50 PM
We didnt keep him because we knew this year was going to be a rebuilding so why would you have a 37 year old WR on a rebuilding team? We also wanted to develop the young talent at WR (Johnson, Hardy, Parrish, rookies)

Is this also a "rebuilding" year for the Kansas City Chiefs, who were more hapless last year than Buffalo?

I don't buy that for a second, not in this league with trades and FA and owners willing to hire better coaches and executives.

We're not rebuilding, we suck.

I'm not bashing the move of getting rid of Owens, but I can't stand that rebuilding mode talk

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-04-2010, 08:45 PM

Oh please, enough of the homer speak that "we are rebuilding for the future" thus it is okay to do nothing to upgrade the roster. Part of rebuilding is actually bringing in players that can play and contribute.

Patti120
10-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Wish I could say I was surprised!

Joe Fo Sho
10-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Top Bills receiver is Steve Johnson, with 168 yards for the season

T.O. has 374 yards for the season.

In fact, T.O. has almost as many yards receiving as the top 3 Buffalo receivers combined. And almost 4 times as many yards as the vaunted Lee Evans.

And T.O. had a huge 200+ yd game yesterday against the Browns.

I guess he's 'shot' though - good thing Buffalo cut him.

We didn't cut him, are you kidding?

I can throw out some useless facts that have nothing to do with actual bills football too.

G Wolly
10-05-2010, 12:50 AM
good thing Buffalo cut him.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/3412-1262291013.gif

Cleve
10-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Holy crap, what a couple of nit-picking nincompoops. Don't focus on the fact that a great player was shown the door, focus on the semantics instead.

Well, they didn't offer him a new contract, he wasn't 'cut', but he was 'cut' in that he doesn't work in Buffalo any more. So are you flockers happy now?

Bottom line, he's an experienced, excellent player and he was shown the door. And he's putting up some excellent numbers this year too. The front office couldn't afford T.O. when the team desperately needs offensive weapons, but they've got somehow $24 million to ridiculously lavish on mediocrity like the helmet-patting Chris Kelsay?

How about you guys get mad about some of these facts, instead of semantics next time.

Dujek
10-05-2010, 06:46 AM
He wouldn't be putting up those numbers with our QBs throwing to him anyway.

He'd probably have better numbers than anyone here, but he wouldn't be anywhere near where he is in Cincy.

Cleve
10-05-2010, 07:03 AM
He wouldn't be putting up those numbers with our QBs throwing to him anyway.

He'd probably have better numbers than anyone here, but he wouldn't be anywhere near where he is in Cincy.
Yeah, but having another great, well-regarded receiver like T.O. on the roster would help free up the coverage on Evans. If your team has one good W.R. then the opponent will put blanket like coverage on him, as we saw on Sunday where Evans was held to one catch for 6 yards.

And again, the Bills incompetent front office has tens of millions to lavish on Kelsay, but not on T.O.? Give me an effin' break!

ddaryl
10-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Yeah, but having another great, well-regarded receiver like T.O. on the roster would help free up the coverage on Evans. If your team has one good W.R. then the opponent will put blanket like coverage on him, as we saw on Sunday where Evans was held to one catch for 6 yards.

And again, the Bills incompetent front office has tens of millions to lavish on Kelsay, but not on T.O.? Give me an effin' break!

and how did that work out for us last year... It didn't, Evans had a sub par year...

WR is not the issue. OL and QB is

Jan Reimers
10-05-2010, 07:43 AM
The Bengals have Carson Palmer. We have Trentan Fitzedwards. 'Nuff said.

Cleve
10-05-2010, 07:43 AM
But again, you need talent to build with. Currently this is one of the least talented Buffalo Bills teams of the last 25 years. And at least T.O. created some national interest/buzz in the team when he was here. There's a lot of other players a lot less talented than T.O. that are being kept on the payroll in hopes of a 'franchise QB' being added next year.

I'm sorry, but a team that gets rid of Terrell Owens and lavishes contract money on Chris Kelsay is going nowhere.... in a hurry.