X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Gailey was a mistake!

Gailey looks lost on the sidelines and on the podium.

As I said this summer my biggest fear was that Gailey was going to go with the "we will be the fittest team in the league approach". Those practice with pads really helped.

Gailey has already lost the locker room. The Bills are paying Jauron 3 million a year to sit at home and most likely they'll be paying this knuckled head 3 million to sit at home.

Would we really be 0-4 with Billick on the sideline? I doubt it.
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: Gailey was a mistake!

I too am worried about Gailey. The team has the same line as last season yet is not running the ball, something they did decent at last season. Against the Jets the game did not get out of hand until towards the end of the third quarter. No reason they should not have been running the ball before that.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

Gailey is clueless. I'd guess Gailey is top 5 least paid HC in NFL. One of the reasons he was hired

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        Gailey looks lost on the sidelines and on the podium.

As I said this summer my biggest fear was that Gailey was going to go with the "we will be the fittest team in the league approach". Those practice with pads really helped.

Gailey has already lost the locker room. The Bills are paying Jauron 3 million a year to sit at home and most likely they'll be paying this knuckled head 3 million to sit at home.

Would we really be 0-4 with Billick on the sideline? I doubt it.
        I don't agree. Gailey looks mad to me not clueless.

I find it funny that people agree that we have the worst talent in the NFL yet you blame the coach that we're losing.

Typical.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

the fact that we have made no meaningful adjustments in the 4 games has me very worried.

i expected to be a bad team this year. i expected the coaches to get rid of the kelsays, and be more competitive in the second halfs after adjustments.

he's done neither.

but at the same time, he isn't telling everyone that they are a winner and clapping through it. if he's got a leash, he's cutting people that shouldn't be here. i give him a pass on edwards. with the 3 he was given, and no new options, starting edwards was the ebst decision in terms of upside. and he bailed pretty quick. he didn't sugar coat it.

but the fact that the offense isn't doing anything to mask it's problems is a bad sign.

i'm trying to stay on board through the season, but it's starting to get dark.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi

I find it funny that people agree that we have the worst talent in the NFL yet you blame the coach that we're losing.

Typical.
            I agree that our talent here is piss poor. But the one player that Gailey insisted we get was CJ Spiller. So he's here and he's hardly being utilized. If your job is to turn the team around than at least show me some signs that you know how to do it.

He's showed me nothing.

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

I agree . when u shop at the bargain store this is what you get..Nix signing Kelsay deflated any hope i had for change

then not dealing Lynch and keeping Edwards and signing Cornell Green man those are all bad moves

Add that they brought no depth in or anything else and then taking spiller at 9 instead of an Olineman its like satus quo is the way to go at OBD...gotta get some new blood in here from outside the organization and oh yeah a new OWNER!
              Last edited by bigbub2352; 10-05-2010, 11:57 AM.
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Typical.
                Wait we blamed the coach last year. So last year it was ok, but this year not?

That is also typical.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                  • Feb 2009

Id rather have Billick as well but I'm not killing Gailey yet. If anyone should be fired it should be George.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

I'm now starting to have my doubts about Gailey's abilities. I also don't like the excuses he is starting to provide the day after games.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

Typical.
                      I think it is the fact that Dick Jauron got more out of the same group of misfits.

Now you are going to tell me Chan just needs the right players for his system. I think that is bunk. A good coach adjusts his system to fit his players.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

from man boobs to mularkey to jauron to gailey these threads are as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning. Scheme matters some, play calling matters some, preparation matters some we can all agree on that. But an all star coach is worth maybe 3 games a year, which is very significant but we're mainly talking about a Bills roster that isn't good enough talent wise. Repeat that to yourselves as often as necessary. Bill Cowher isn't turning Fitz into Peyton or Maybin into Demarcus Ware.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          I agree that our talent here is piss poor. But the one player that Gailey insisted we get was CJ Spiller. So he's here and he's hardly being utilized. If your job is to turn the team around than at least show me some signs that you know how to do it.

He's showed me nothing.
                          He took CJ because he was the best player available at 9. Just because he is not producing big numbers it doesn't mean he was the wrong pick or that Gailey is at fault. Vernon Davis did zilch for 2 or 3 years and now he is considered one of the best TEs in the league.

No draft pick was going to come onto this team at 9 and do anything of note. Once the team is more settled Spiller's role will expand.

This is an over-reaction.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                            I agree . when u shop at the bargain store this is what you get..Nix signing Kelsay deflated any hope i had for change

then not dealing Lynch and keeping Edwards and signing Cornell Green man those are all bad moves

Add that they brought no depth in or anything else and then taking spiller at 9 instead of an Olineman its like satus quo is the way to go at OBD...gotta get some new blood in here from outside the organization and oh yeah a new OWNER!
                            You forgot cutting Whitner and Maybin.

As for the bold...I will bet 10 to 1 that this was not Nix's idea.

This entire ****ing post is a regurgitation of the same ****. "...oh yeah a new OWNER!" Funny thing is...you're serious. The team doesn't get a new owner, the owner sells the team. Do you understand how this works?? You're computer needs to get a new owner.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by EDS
                              I think it is the fact that Dick Jauron got more out of the same group of misfits.

Now you are going to tell me Chan just needs the right players for his system. I think that is bunk. A good coach adjusts his system to fit his players.
                              EXACTLY
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X